Jump to content

[Req.] New "ULTRA-LOW" quality options


Doraz_
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am hoping it will comw to PC thanks to the Mobile port, but ...

 

These are the most obvious things that this mode can bring:

- forced lower res of Texture streaming, even if memory is available

- Disable transparency in Mod Screen ... I have seen increased GPU usage 

- Diaable Orbiter rendering when modding, replaced by a still image (cam still be animated a bit with a shader)

 

Disabling too much of the rest can lead tk the game really not working anymore, like enemies and Level Geometry (Low feels already too agressive ... but I like that!)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

I am hoping it will comw to PC thanks to the Mobile port, but ...

Wait... Is it official ? Warframe is going Mobile ? 😲

9 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

 

- Disable transparency in Mod Screen ... I have seen increased GPU usage

Sounds like the Occlusion Culling is working... That's interesting !!!

10 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

 

- Diaable Orbiter rendering when modding, replaced by a still image (cam still be animated a bit with a shader)

I like clever optimisation like this... The problem however is that they aren't Automated... Which is why we rarely see them.... Devs are rarely given the opportunity to implement these Bait and Switch (the good kind) Optimisations.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

In the end, they dropped toasters from even being officially supported so I have my doubts.

hardly, the CPU suggestion hasn't changed in basically ever (despite i disagree that the suggested minspec CPU is realistically playable), and the cutoff for GPU's that Digital Extremes made means basically any GPU from 2010+ is compatible.

they hardly cut anything, really. basically just cut from the original 2008+ to 2010+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I like clever optimisation like this... The problem however is that they aren't Automated... Which is why we rarely see them.... Devs are rarely given the opportunity to implement these Bait and Switch (the good kind) Optimisations.

That's why i suggested the shader idea :D

 

They could start even selling them for plat, loke one corpus themed, one tenno ... one with clem 

 

And it would consist of maybe not more than 10 animated sprites.

 

it fades in and out while you are modding.

 

The obly thing the camera renders from the environment ia the character of course.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

but no ultra light version came out of it.. yet. So I know where OP is coming from, just that there hasn't really been something official. 

i guess, but you can already potato up the game pretty well. some of the Video features you can disable make the game look truly awful but you get the performance boost for a megapotato as a result anyways.

making an easily selectable preset for that though, yeah, that's probably a good idea - i guess. though games autodetecting the appropriate settings for your Hardware is a pretty standard practice as it is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't see the point personally, if you're struggling to play the game on the lowest settings then maybe it's time to accept your pc isn't suitable for warframe anymore..... it's already bad enough if you end up with a min spec system as a host, I don't particularly want even lower spec machines allowed into the mix because it will make the experience even worse. 

Yes I agree we could do with a host select option but that still doesn't change the fact that a min spec machine usually takes an age to load in etc too, I've seen it first hand with a few clan mates with toasters where I've basically finished the mission (as host) before they've even loaded in....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Sounds like you're really gonna enjoy cross play.

Hopefully the fact there will be a server between users will alleviate some of the issues I mentioned but yeah from a 'performance' standpoint crossplay with older consoles (they are basically a custom OS pc) is going to be painful for pc users, unless they find in testing that they need to restrict it to newer console hardware (wouldn't be the first to have a cut off for older consoles)

 

I'm hoping crossplay will be intelligent enough to keep console away from pc while allowing it between friends but I'm not expecting a great experience that's for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I'm hoping crossplay will be intelligent enough to keep console away from pc while allowing it between friends but I'm not expecting a great experience that's for sure. 

That is why im hoping for option to disable Cross-play matchmaking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Hopefully the fact there will be a server between users will alleviate some of the issues I mentioned but yeah from a 'performance' standpoint crossplay with older consoles (they are basically a custom OS pc) is going to be painful for pc users, unless they find in testing that they need to restrict it to newer console hardware (wouldn't be the first to have a cut off for older consoles)

 

I'm hoping crossplay will be intelligent enough to keep console away from pc while allowing it between friends but I'm not expecting a great experience that's for sure. 

DE is at the helm so we better have:dating app GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a guess from my part, but the lag has nothing to do with how powerful the host pc is.

 

That's all down to the connection.

 

All the heavy work is done by the GPU in WF.

 

Even when you have a mirage or vauban, the lag on the CPU is only felt by the user alone ... MAYBE, but just maybe, if DE didn't implement a way for copies of  scripts/coroutines to execure only at "x" ticks, so that the cpu isn't forced to finish rendering all the projectiles for instance before sending the data to others.

 

This to spread the calculations alng frames, so that you know for certain that the networking has 10 milliseconds every refresh.

 

But they know what they are doing, it's probably already in use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-17 at 12:31 PM, Doraz_ said:

It's a guess from my part, but the lag has nothing to do with how powerful the host pc is.

Not true. Low amounts of system memory, less graphical memory, a slower mechanical hard drive (instead of SSD), and a slower processor can cause hitches as the host machine struggles to load and create the game. If a host has trouble maintaining 60 FPS because their system can't fit as much geometry and texture information even when solo, it's going to be even worse when trying to keep track of other players at the same time, render them for the host to see, and share information location with the other players while keeping track of which cosmetics from the pool of hundreds everyone is wearing, the colors on every piece, the custom rotation of emblems and weapon holsters, and clan logos. All of that stuff adds up and a host that is struggling leads to long waits when starting a mission, especially for large open areas and railjack missions

This is why relays and hubs load people in far away from the NPCs where people tend to gather. Even with a reasonably specced PC you still see generic gray excaliburs while that information is passed down from the server and people's fashions are loaded up, especially if there are a lot of people standing in the loading area.

I could almost see an option that forces default models and colors on other players for people with low spec machines, like they way specters are always default colors with just that flashing effect to distinguish them. But that would cause much gnashing of teeth if there were suddenly a lot of people who's fashion wasn't being seen by others in relays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Not true. Low amounts of system memory, less graphical memory, a slower mechanical hard drive (instead of SSD), and a slower processor can cause hitches as the host machine struggles to load and create the game. If a host has trouble maintaining 60 FPS because their system can't fit as much geometry and texture information even when solo, it's going to be even worse when trying to keep track of other players at the same time, render them for the host to see, and share information location with the other players while keeping track of which cosmetics from the pool of hundreds everyone is wearing, the colors on every piece, the custom rotation of emblems and weapon holsters, and clan logos. All of that stuff adds up and a host that is struggling leads to long waits when starting a mission, especially for large open areas and railjack missions

This is why relays and hubs load people in far away from the NPCs where people tend to gather. Even with a reasonably specced PC you still see generic gray excaliburs while that information is passed down from the server and people's fashions are loaded up, especially if there are a lot of people standing in the loading area.

I could almost see an option that forces default models and colors on other players for people with low spec machines, like they way specters are always default colors with just that flashing effect to distinguish them. But that would cause much gnashing of teeth if there were suddenly a lot of people who's fashion wasn't being seen by others in relays.

The pocket sent to the clients should be extreemely small. 

 

In fact, but I still have to code it myself (i hope one day x_x) you could even sync players that haven't even loaded in!

 

More so if you are lucky enoigh to have some game systems that are pre-dermined, or don't need to sync to perfection between players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

The pocket sent to the clients should be extreemely small. 

A potato host has to load textures for extra players it wouldn't need when solo, render the extra players and enemies added on the host's screen, and handle AI interactions for enemies that now have more targets for them to consider. Those packets of information on what's going on and where don't just come from nowhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...