Why the drop pools so unrewarding

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

and once again you missed my point entirely, life strike quickening were just examples of middle ground. Seeing a dirt common at 70 minutes is plain insulting when you're on a high level planet. at least give some more befitting of the level of difficulty.

Oh no i do get you
But lets put it this way
You get for example primed target cracker instead of control modules or anything else

And how many primed target crackers you need to get before it will become junk for you?

Look im L1 i dont go to dojo for less than 200 plat
Its not because plat is worth nothing its just because i play long enough for it to lose any value for me
Because i know i cant buy new frame or weapon primed or not when it came out because all new stats would look for me like buy it max it out and im done with the update
Not much gameplay from each update would be left for me
Only thing i can buy for plat is like more weapon warframe etc slots MAYBE some accessories

And exactly the same will happen to any1 with any kind of rewards
If we get like idk 50k kuva as reward yeah it will be useful but only to some extend where we start to swim in kuva and it will become junk to us

I do get your idea is about WHAT we get as reward and not how much we have it
But that is mostly determined by how much of it we have and what we can do with it

I got like 1m endo do you think getting from bounty sortie or whatever 1 endo or 100k endo would make any difference?
Even if 100k would look nicer
Hell imagine what i feel when i get legendary fusion core from sortie while i have 4? Most rare item you can get from sortie
Well sad its its not something else since i dont have any mods i could use it on i have so much endo its even pointless to use it and i wont sell it since its not worth for me to get rid of it just to get plat while i have 24k which i cant spend because nothing i buy is rewarding to me

Trust me i do understand you and your idea but problem is whatever we would get even if it would be rewarding at some point it just wont after some period of time/getting it

Better example lich and sister and ephemeras
They are only good if you get them at 1st time (i mean if you want them for yourself) but after that you are disappointed if you get the same one

If drop rates would be better for that ephemeras prices of them would drop and it would not be worth to even farm liches and sisters for them and they would quickly become junk

Think about it for a moment

But yeah i give you that getting like 50 endo for doing a mission is like getting kick in the nuts for doing ur work it just FEEL beyond humiliating

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

I am well aware it would eventually be junk but junk is better than low rate garbage, and that is what a vitality mod is especially since it's one of the first mods you get in this game.

I know its like i want this because i dont have it and ow that would be better reward since its more rare
But its more rare only because you are not getting it

And here is something that should help you the issue and why so many ppl try to correct you with your argument

Go to idk region chat or Q&A chat whatever
Ask ppl are they excited that baro comes next friday and then ask do they think something good and then ask what is your play time

And i can bet with you for all my plat that most common answer from players who play long enough will be "yes, primed disappointment. 1-2 years or more"

Let that set the tone for your approach to rewards

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

arbitrations are more rewarding than most other drop pools at least.

I don't think that´s something to be flexed, in my opinion. Particularly so when current Arbitration drop tables are worse than what they used to be at first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

Some filler is fine but when 80% which may or may not be a bit of an exaggeration is filler that's when things are a problem.

70-80% commons, 20-25% uncommon and rare being 5-10% is actually pretty common in drop tables in most games my dude. 

And my numbers aren't supposed to perfectly add up because I'm just talking about a general range. 

But yeah, 80% of stuff being common drops is actually like, that's a yugioh, pokemon or other tcg booster pack. That's standard. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 2

On 2021-09-18 at 11:12 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Not sure what's so rewarding about getting your 100th copy of the seeding step ephemera and aura forma BP amounts that exceed not only the current amount of Warframes, but for the next 6 years with Everytime you get it again, adding on top of it.. 

A control module i can at least feed to helminth xD 

Seeding step ephemeras are the filler in arbitration but the thing about arbitration is it's not composed of 90% filler.

On 2021-09-18 at 12:05 PM, ZeroX4 said:

I know its like i want this because i dont have it and ow that would be better reward since its more rare
But its more rare only because you are not getting it

And here is something that should help you the issue and why so many ppl try to correct you with your argument

Ask ppl are they excited that baro comes next friday and then ask do they think something good and then ask what is your play time

And i can bet with you for all my plat that most common answer from players who play long enough will be "yes, primed disappointment. 1-2 years or more"

It has nothing to do with what i want i already have everything there is to get in Warframe I'm thinking about other players who don't have the kind of time I have. 

On 2021-09-16 at 1:33 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

*shrug* you have to get vitality somewhere. 

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of adjusting and tweaking that should be done. The drop tables have been due a proper audit for years. 

But there are common, uncommon and rare rewards and the commons gotta drop somewhere. 

It's like buying a pack of pokemon cards as a kid. You get a bunch of commons, some that are sort of more like uncommons, and then you get one guaranteed rare, but not a guaranteed holofoil. And your chances of Charizard? Fuggedaboudit. 

you are guaranteed to get vitality before you even reach the kuva fortress because of the junctions.

On 2021-09-17 at 10:43 AM, Zimzala said:

"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"

"I played X long so I 'deserve' Y reward."

I say Poppycock.

All these posters blaming DE for being greedy when they then post things like this.

This is just pure player impatience and greed, over virtual items in a video game of all things.

If the game is not 'rewarding' enough for you, move to one that is.

If you want to take the subjective FOMO attitude that you have to have everything in the game, that's on the player, especially if you come into the game with the attitude that it 'should take thins long', when one did not write the game, etc.

This is nothing about i deserve this, i already have everything this is about the fact that it can take years to get certain items for players who barely have enough time to play videogames. this whole post is about improving the game not the shortsighted view you seem to think I have.

On 2021-09-18 at 10:56 AM, ZeroX4 said:

And exactly the same will happen to any1 with any kind of rewards
If we get like idk 50k kuva as reward yeah it will be useful but only to some extend where we start to swim in kuva and it will become junk to us

we could get 50 million kuva and we wouldn't be swimming in it the rng for rivens is horrible from the stats i looked into it is likely that you could roll a riven a million+ times and still not get the roll you're looking for I've burnt through 10 million kuva on a single riven and it's roll is still mediocre at best.

On 2021-09-18 at 12:05 PM, ZeroX4 said:

ask what their play time is, I've been playing Warframe from since 2016 and am nearing 6000 hours of in mission playtime I know all to well how disappointing the reward system is which is the whole reason for making this post.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

This is nothing about i deserve this, i already have everything this is about the fact that it can take years to get certain items for players who barely have enough time to play videogames. this whole post is about improving the game not the shortsighted view you seem to think I have.

I don't think you understand that  'getting stuff faster' does not directly equate to 'improving the game'.

If it takes years, then it takes years, this is that kind of game, it's not a single player game to be finished in just a few hours.

If those people don't have time to play this game, then they can find games they do have time to play.

Also, there is no need in this game to 'get all the things' you only need a few to be performant.

So, this suggestion is just another in a long line that is intended to shorten the overall playtime in an effort to give players rewards faster because they are impatient.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

ask what their play time is, I've been playing Warframe from since 2016 and am nearing 6000 hours of in mission playtime I know all to well how disappointing the reward system is which is the whole reason for making this post.

let me repeat myself
I 100% understand your point and even more i do agree most crap we get as rewards feels like kick in the nuts

So by any chance dont even for a moment think i am against you

But you just proven another important thing
You are prime example why we should have next to every item info "and in that XXX as mission reward"

So like you see your idk lets say control modules and you see it like this

8,282,458 controm modules (in which 3,284,345 from mission rewards)

So you could easily calculate how much u farmed and how much you got from all your mission rewards
Which maybe would open eyes to some players why we have them

Just now, Zimzala said:

I don't think you understand that  'getting stuff faster' does not directly equate to 'improving the game'.

If it takes years, then it takes years, this is that kind of game, it's not a single player game to be finished in just a few hours.

If those people don't have time to play this game, then they can find games they do have time to play.

Also, there is no need in this game to 'get all the things' you only need a few to be performant.

So, this suggestion is just another in a long line that is intended to shorten the overall playtime in an effort to give players rewards faster because they are impatient.

it's not exactly about getting stuff faster either it's about removing bs from high level missions drop pool and putting in the low mission drop pool where it belongs. you work your way up to the higher levels and the rewards don't become anymore rewarding than the lower levels so at that point you think to yourself why am i doing this high level mission when i could do low level missions and get the same stuff. then there's that atrocity with steel path where they just copy pasted the the drop pool instead of making it any more rewarding outside of steel essence and riven slivers.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

it's not exactly about getting stuff faster either it's about removing bs from high level missions drop pool and putting in the low mission drop pool where it belongs. you work your way up to the higher levels and the rewards don't become anymore rewarding than the lower levels so at that point you think to yourself why am i doing this high level mission when i could do low level missions and get the same stuff. then there's that atrocity with steel path where they just copy pasted the the drop pool instead of making it any more rewarding outside of steel essence and riven slivers.

Which all boils down to making rewards faster and easier to obtain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Which all boils down to making rewards faster and easier to obtain.

No it boils down to be at least somewhat reasonable. at the very least they should put better stuff in the steel path drop pool. high level content should yield better rewards it's just stupid and insulting to put the same low level trash in high level missions what is even the point of doing high level missions at that point. There is no point and that's what the problem is.

Edited by (XBOX)Harbinger XK5

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

No it boils down to be at least somewhat reasonable. at the very least they should put better stuff in the steel path drop pool. high level content should yield better rewards it's just stupid and insulting to put the same low level trash in high level missions what is even the point of doing high level missions at that point. There is no point and that's what the problem is.

You are now simply trying to say what you want is reasonable and what DE provides is not - a completely subjective POV.

Have fun tilting your windmills.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

You are now simply trying to say what you want is reasonable and what DE provides is not - a completely subjective POV.

Have fun tilting your windmills.

So you're of the opinion of content should have minimum reward, the more you talk the more my head hurts. I'll tell you this much i have made it a point to ask people what they're thoughts on the drop pool for steel path are and without fail every single person I ask says they are bs I think I'm on about 5000 people asked. as far as I can tell so far almost nobody shares you silly point of view.

11 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

also it's not reasonable and when the supposed to be endgame gives the same rewards as base game it's not subjective it's flat out bs, there is no excuse for that kind of stuff it's lazy and insulting to anyone who makes it to that point in the game. it's such a shame that the forums are filled with so many DE simps.

Edited by (XBOX)Harbinger XK5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

also it's not reasonable and when the supposed to be endgame gives the same rewards as base game it's not subjective it's flat out bs, there is no excuse for that kind of stuff it's lazy and insulting to anyone who makes it to that point in the game. it's such a shame that the forums are filled with so many DE simps.

what rewards do you expect in Steel Path?

They casnt just double common rewards because that will unbalance things for newer players, while also giving vets 10x more of resources they already have tons of. SP is for farming steel essence. The common rewards are what builds up passively. As it is, i still have more resources than i know what to do with. Tripling that doesnt make sense and will just encourage newer players to rush to SP to farm. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

I think it’s an intended choice. Drops can’t always be something you want or need, because that would devalue the stuff that are actually rewarding. While it sucks to land a non-reward, fillers act as a balance to ensure that good rewards are good. 

And to be fair, if you are running 70 minutes of kuva fortress, survival I presume, kuva is then the reward you actually want. Making the activity even more lucrative to do, would defeat the purpose of the mode.

Edited by f0ba

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

what rewards do you expect in Steel Path?

They casnt just double common rewards because that will unbalance things for newer players, while also giving vets 10x more of resources they already have tons of. SP is for farming steel essence. The common rewards are what builds up passively. As it is, i still have more resources than i know what to do with. Tripling that doesnt make sense and will just encourage newer players to rush to SP to farm. 

I'm referring to the rotation based rewards. getting 15 endo on a survival rotation is insulting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

It's engame it's meant for people to test themselves is it not, so why shouldn't it be the overwhelming choice.

because the farm would become unbalanced. While i get your point about Endo, i still have tons of endo anyway. If SP became too generous with endo, then it has the reverse effect of making endo even more meaningless. Any reward that becomes common loses its value. So yeah, while the huge increase in Endo might seem great at first, it will quickly make any other Endo reward superfluous. 

• Like 1