Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker Heist not granting mission rewards.

RealPandemonium

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Raymaxe:

This is still happening. Extremely annoying. I have killed profit taker over 30 times now and still can't reach the rank of Hand because I do not have the required Atmo systems... Please fix this. It's really ridiculous

It's preventing players that don't have a standing from actually doing something with Vox Solaris. I wish to buy amps, but am stuck.

why do you even farm atmo systems in the profit taker fight ?
the second bountie takes around 3 mins with loading in and out
and most likely it is just bad rng like everytime

10 Nov 2021, PC

Bounty still bugged. It seems that if you are able to "trivialize" the encounter the bounty fails to trigger a REWARD event.

(UPDATE)
Bounty again failed to trigger reward. The issue seems to happen when an encounter phase fails to trigger in the fight (ex: encounter succeeded triggering the 4 shield pylon phase but fails on the 6 shield pylons phase). Reviewing damage gates for encounter, including special attention to damage "type" to ensure this mechanic is not also interfering with triggers (ex: a corrosive proc in addition to a viral proc allowing a slash hit to break immunity gate) may be necessary.

While, on the overall, the issue could be seen as minor since the engagement still offers drops on death. There are rewards (few) that are ONLY offered from THAT table. Advise shifting or mirroring unique rewards to a secondary activity until issues can be resolved OR known error triggers are posted publicly.

Edited by MalakED
New information, spelling issues
  • Like 1

Update: Since originally posting this, I have been able to (mostly) reliably reproduce the 'armor reset' bug that leads to the absence of mission rewards and have done extensive testing. Massive shoutout to WhenDragonsFly for helping me reproduce the bug and test whether the squad type makes a difference!

Bug Summary:

Short description: When the body is vulnerable during the armor phase, the phase can reset, leading to extra or skipped phases.
Gameplay impact: When extra phases are added, the fight can last much longer than normal. When the phases are skipped, the fight logic bugs out and no bounty rewards are given.
Reproduction (text): Take the Mausolon. Mod it for Profit-Taker. Put it on a Necramech. At the start of any armor phase, go in the Necramech and shoot Profit-Taker's limbs, then the body. After a few runs, you will find that after taking out the legs, Profit-Taker resets the armor phase while or after hitting the body and may be invulnerable despite having the health show up as vulnerable.
Reproduction (video): https://youtu.be/gVElKSIF2dQ, a run with 2 armor resets.
Reproduction variations and notes:
Squad type: Host, Client, or Solo can all trigger the armor reset bug.
Armor phase: All four armor phases can have the armor reset bug trigger them.
Abilities: The bug can be triggered on different Warframes, and even on Necramechs. Abilities do not affect the bug. Notably, the bug can be performed both with and without Toxic Lash active.
Skip vs. double: When the bug is triggered, Profit-Taker will randomly, as far as we can tell, be vulnerable or invulnerable while the health is shown as vulnerable. If the health is invulnerable, all progress on the armor phase is for nothing and it will reset. If the health is vulnerable, it can be shot at to take down a phase worth's of HP. After resetting, you will be able to do so again. This leads to phase skips down the line as Profit-Taker will have less health than the game expects, leading to an early death. In this case, no bounty rewards are given and the logs in EE.log break. They will miss a lot of phases, sometimes even the death confirmation. On average, this bug will lead to more additional phases than skipped phases, with roughly a 3 to 1 ratio. In a single armor phase, the armor reset bug can occur multiple times.
Viable weapons: Mausolon (highest chance of triggering the bug), Imperator Vandal, and presumably other high fire rate / low multishot Arch-guns.
Unviable weapons: Corvas (dozens if not hundreds of runs solo, never triggered the bug with it. Unable to reproduce the bug with Corvas after knowing how to trigger it with Mausolon).
Ground Arch-Guns: Arch-Guns used by the Warframe can also trigger the bug, but doing so is much rarer than triggering the bug on Necramechs.
Shooting accurately: So far, this does not seem to matter. If we shoot the legs, and then the body when it's vulnerable, without shooting the body before it becomes vulnerable, we can trigger the bug. If we're wildly inaccurate, we can also still trigger it.
Shooting while the body is becoming vulnerable: Early on in our testing, we suspected that it might be mandatory to shoot the body before it becomes vulnerable. Further tests showed that this is not required.
Shooting the body in the first few seconds of the armor phase: For a while, we thought that it was impossible to trigger the bug when the body isn't shot at early during the armor phase. This run proved otherwise.
Oneshotting the body: I haven't seen instances where the body is oneshot with a single pellet, and the bug is triggered. This is likely due to a selection bias - it's difficult to oneshot the body with a single pellet on a Necramech. On a Warframe, with buffs, people tend to go for Arch-Guns with less damage per pellet but a higher fire rate.
Multishot: From what we've seen, modded Multishot doesn't appear to prevent the bug from triggering. So far, I haven't seen instances where the Corvas (which has innate Multishot) is able to trigger the bug. This would suggest that either the weapon type or innate Multishot could prevent the bug from triggering.
Reproduction rates: When fighting Profit-Taker with the described setup, I get the armor reset bug to occur around two times per three runs. Sometimes it will occur on multiple armor phases in a single run, although this is rarer. To boost reproduction rates, you can bring another person with you that already has the Mausolon actively equipped on their Warframe and have them shoot Profit-Taker even sooner than you would in the solo Necramech scenario.
If all else fails: If you absolutely cannot reproduce this bug, just contact me. I can perform this bug reliably enough and would be happy to help get it fixed. 
Introduction date: September 8th, 2021 - Update 30.7: Nidus Prime & Plague Star.
Presumed cause (in-game): Not oneshotting and possibly a low pellet count. I can't explain why this would be the case.
Known cause (in-code): In update 30.3.5, the original overkill/phase skip exploit was announced to have been fixed, while in reality only pylon skip was fixed. In 30.7, it got its actual, undocumented fix. This fix led to the armor reset and this entire thread.
Presumed fix: "Try to reproduce it and good luck debugging", or, look at the commits from update 30.7 and find whatever causes the behaviour described in this post. As a nuclear option, one could undo the Profit-Taker related commits and apply a better fix to solve the original exploit (detailed below).
Workarounds: 
1. Don't play in squads where people fire at Profit-Taker (infeasible).
2. Don't fire early in the armor phase, easily achieved by playing solo and with a ground Arch-Gun that you only call once the armor phase starts.
3. Use the Corvas, which for some reason do not appear to trigger the armor reset bug.
Further research:
1. Verify whether weapons with inherent Multishot can(not) trigger the bug.
2. Guarantee a Multishot of 2 or more on weapons with an inherent Multishot of 1 using rivens and check whether it can still perform the bug.
3. Check whether it's possible to trigger the bug when enough damage is dealt to oneshot the body during the armor phase for more weapons.

The (mostly) original post below was written before I was able to reproduce the armor reset bug myself. I stand by what I've written and the suggestions made.

[Profit-Taker] Armor reset & random phase skips: The fight is a gigantic mess since Hotfix 30.7.6

Bug Summary (Contains less information than above, but was still accurate):

Short description: The fight can introduce more armor phases than necessary or skip phases.
Gameplay impact: The fight can take significantly longer or shorter than usual, disrupting the flow. Additionally, when the fight bugs out, bounty mission rewards are often not awarded, even after the 'fix' for that.
Reproduction: Still unknown (KEEP ON READING).
Squad type: The bug occurs regardless of being solo, host, or client, but appears to be more common in squads.
Introduction date: September 8th, 2021 - Update 30.7: Nidus Prime & Plague Star.
Presumed cause: In update 30.3.5, the original overkill/phase skip exploit was announced to have been fixed, while in reality only pylon skip was fixed. In 30.7, it got its actual, undocumented fix. This fix led to this entire thread and broke everything.
Presumed fix: Undo Profit-Taker related commits from update 30.7 and apply a better fix to solve the original exploit (detailed below).
Workarounds: Still unknown.

Back in december, I made reported an exploit report through support, which detailed arch-gun skip, pylon skip and the overkill/phase skip exploit.
I didn't notice when arch-gun skip was fixed, but I haven't been able to reproduce it in recent times.
Pylon skip was fixed in update 30.3.5, but made the pylon phase more unstable, leading to the Profit-Taker bounty desyncing from the fight.
The overkill/phase skip exploit was fixed in update 30.7, which broke more things about the fight, leading to further desyncs.

Here are the bug summaries that allowed the overkill exploit to function before update 30.7:

Short description: After damage is applied to the armor phase, it is not checked whether the fight should progress to the next phase.
Gameplay impact: Profit-Taker can have 0 hp remaining to go to the next phase, without proceeding to the next phase until you attack her again.
Reproduction: Copy this Velocitus build and hit Profit-Taker's body once it's vulnerable with a charge attack before update 30.7. Observe that the fight does not proceed. This phenomenon is illustrated in this video.
Squad type: The bug occurs regardless of being solo, host, or client, although it is less noticeable if teammates unknowingly trigger the workaround detailed below.
Introduction date: Presumably since Profit-Taker was first released.
Presumed cause: After applying damage, no check is made that would tell the fight to proceed if enough damage has been dealt.
Presumed fix: Apply the check that currently appears BEFORE damage is dealt, AFTER the damage is dealt.
Workarounds: Hit Profit-Taker with any damage source (Void, True, damage from an arch-gun, or the frame). Even if it deals 0 damage, the check will be made and the fight will proceed.

Short description: Saryn's Toxic Lash and Xaku's Xata's Whisper do not check whether the fight should progress before applying their damage.
Gameplay impact: If Profit-Taker is at 0 hp remaining without proceeding to the next phase due to the above bug, it can be dealt more damage than the phase would normally allow: It could be at minus <one armor phase worth of damage> hp. This way, you can do the damage of two phases in one phase, which leads to the ability to take down Profit-Taker in only 2 armor phases instead of 4.
Reproduction: Copy this Velocitus build and this Saryn build. Activate all your abilities and hit Profit-Taker with a charge attack during the armor phase before update 30.7. Repeat for the next armor phase. Observe that Profit-Taker dies in 2 armor phases instead of 4.
Presumed cause: Because no check is made after dealing enough damage on a normal shot, and no check is made at the start of the Toxic Lash/Xata's Whisper shot, the fight allows two instances of damage to be dealt without checking if the fight should proceed in between.
Presumed fix: Make Toxic Lash/Xata's Whisper apply AFTER damage is dealt, similar to the above-described fix. If both bugs are fixed, damage checks will be fully consistent and the phase skip exploit should fully disappear.
Workarounds: Don't use Toxic Lash/Xata's Whisper, or deal a lot less damage (not practical).
Note: If Toxic Lash/Xata's Whisper already check whether the fight should progress *after* applying their damage, then this shouldn't require a fix - only the previous bug has to be fixed to make everything consistent. I can't currently think of a reason to apply the check both before and after the damage is applied, but I can't see the harm either, so that could also be attempted.

I don't know what DE's current exploit fix from update 30.7 looks like, but I do know that Profit-Taker no longer stays at 0 damage without proceeding to the next phase after shooting it with the oneshot-1-multishot build, so it looks like they got that fix right.

If the fix from update 30.7 looks like what I describe here, then I don't know how to solve it. If it's different, however, I urge DE to revert the bugfix from update 30.7 and redo it based on the fixes proposed here. Doing so would hopefully revert the gigantic mess that the Profit-Taker fight became after 30.7 while also keeping a fix for the Saryn/overkill phase skip exploit.

A note to the community managers/whoever passes the bugs to the developers:
Please work with us players in bug reports. We are not your adversaries. We want the game to be better. If a proposed reproduction or fix doesn't work, let us know so we can consider new causes. Absence of communication shows only a lack of caring. Communicating only once a fix has been found is useless.
I have spent far more time on figuring out and documenting Profit-Taker related bugs than it should take the developers to fix. I don't mind it because I know DE can't afford to have developers hunt every bug in existence. However, if the community has already done that work for you to the point where it's reproducible, has a known workaround, cause, and possible fix, then what is keeping you from fixing it?

Here are some of my fully hunted yet unfixed bugs:

• Leg regen - 100% reproducibility, should be a two-line fix. Remove the code that heals in one place, and add it to another place in the code if necessary. One of the most hated Profit-Taker bugs.
  • Shield regen - 100% reproducibility, should be an easy fix. Simply shorten the timer to only regenerate 100% shields, or regenerate the shields instantly.
  • Aoe weapons haven't dealt damage in 1.5 years - 100% reproducibility, a reliable workaround that exposes a likely cause. Not an easy fix, but easily one of the largest known bugs in Profit-Taker with 100% reproducibility. Given the impact that this has for every player, it's absurd that this hasn't been fixed yet.
  • Credit blessings have double dipped since their introduction - 100% reproducibility, mathematical insight into how it currently stacks and a proposed fix: apply it only at the end of the mission, multiplicative with all other sources. I don't mind this bug since it's free extra credits, but it's still surprising that this hasn't been fixed yet.

In some instances, it would also be nice to just get a simple reply indicating that a bug is (not) considered a bug:

I would love to see a proper bug-tracker like the one from Minecraft or Satisfactory. Please make it happen.

Final note: Do not confuse the armor reset bug reported in this thread with the 'normal' leg regen bug. They have separate causes, workarounds, and projected fixes. They can occur in conjunction, but have nothing to do with each other.

Edited by Iterniam
Update findings.
  • Like 5

The only way of triggering phase skip I have found so far is during the second armor phase, down all legs and body become vuln then quad leg regen occurs. At which points you have to re-down all four legs and body and then the fight becomes over with no rewards therefore phase skipping second pylon and last shield phases.

I think the gameplay logic gets confused due the legs regenning while the body is vuln. 

If the leg regen bug gets fixed then this method of phase skipping should also be fixed since I think that is what messes up the game logic and we can worry about other profit taker bugs that are less prolific. 

Edited by XHADgaming

This bug seems to happen fairly often when using high fire rate weapons like mausolon and decurions in a fast run. the other day i was farming credits and the armor phase was resetting on over half of the runs we did, i compiled the 8 best runs we got into a playlist here: 

5 of these runs have armor phase resetting, and each spawn is featured

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been happening to me super consistently I'd say 9 times out of 10 so far since there is three chances for the bug where leg regen after body becomes vuln occurs which occurs VERY frequently for me especially when I am client, in fact this might even be the cause. If this bug occurs is breaks the game logic and grants no rewards. Can I please have the lost bounty reward from all of my bugged attempts please? Thank you.

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Still an issue post-new war, triggered leg regen after body being vuln during my first run, please please please tell me there is a fix in the works it is not only annoying that it is still here but the fact that it happened on my first run post-update. Please tell me there is a fix in the works @[DE]Momawthis is super annoying with it going many major patches with leg regen still being a thing with profit.

• Like 1

On 2021-11-11 at 3:52 AM, Iterniam said:

Update: Since originally posting this, I have been able to (mostly) reliably reproduce the 'armor reset' bug that leads to the absence of mission rewards and have done extensive testing. Massive shoutout to WhenDragonsFly for helping me reproduce the bug and test whether the squad type makes a difference!

Thank you for this,

I knew the way to trigger this bug probably had something to do hitting something outside of when it was supposed to be intended so no surprise that this expanded detailed explanation talks about that.  Also wow the amount of damage being dealt is considered negligible but only the fact you need to shoot the legs before they become vuln could play a big factor and is even the cause like you stated. If it is that simple then that is crazy, and that means any video evidence that I have/would be able to produce in public matchmaking would become near worthless if it others causing it and not me but would also explain why it is prevalent in public matchmaking due to people shooting like theres no tomorrow in that fight especially if they don't put away their archguns while I snipe down every pylon in the first pylon phase which could lead them to indirectly causing this bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I went for some more runs and managed to get a run that shows that it is not necessary to hit the armor phase quickly once the legs become vulnerable. In the run below, I wait for 10 seconds before attacking the second armor phase and still manage to trigger the armor reset bug:

As always, I've updated my comment that sums up all the findings surrounding this bug thus far:

• Like 1

Update: The Velocitus can also trigger the bug, as shown in the below run by @Tater.
This means that the previous assumption of high fire rate weapons is invalidated.
The only notable factors here seem to be that Velocitus has a Multishot of 1 (or at least didn't trigger the chance for the second), and that Profit-Taker's body wasn't oneshot.

After viewing this video, I performed similar runs with the Corvas, taking care to not oneshot the body. In 10 runs, I was unable to reproduce the armor reset bug with the Corvas when deliberately not oneshotting the body. @Tater. how many runs did it take to get the armor reset bug with the Velocitus?

If it's common for it to occur with the Velocitus when not oneshotting, I'm guessing that a Multishot of 1 (on a particular shot) may be a condition for triggering the bug.

Edited by Iterniam
  • Like 1

multishot may be a bit of a red herring as just yesterday I saw someone get armor reset with a ms velocitus build. Then again, they may have missed the body.

from what I can tell, something causes the pt's body to be at the wrong hp value after an armor phase, then it resets.

who knows, might be a rounding issue.

Edited by uumm
clarity
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the exact amount of damage you need to deal to pt's body was changed in the same update this bug was introduced:

before this update:
body 1: 93,127
body 2: 93,127
body 3: 93,127
body 4: 93,123

after the update (still true today):
body 1: 93,128
body 2: 93,126
body 3: 93,126
body 4: 93,124

interesting thing I just noticed, I doubt it actually changes anything but the timing is suspicious. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since Update 31.1.0: Echoes of War fixed the leg regen bug, I figured it'd be worth checking if the armor reset bug still exists.
While the leg regen bug is indeed gone, the armor reset bug is still here. Notice that the third armor phase (
1:08) resets at 1:18.

The PT Run analyzer did its job and showed that pretty much the entirety of phase 3 is missing in the logs (This is not always the case when this bug triggers!):

smdl1N9.png

PS. Sorry for the low FPS at times - my PC is struggling with this update for some reason.

Edited by Iterniam
  • Like 2

I did 3 runs since the update (31.1.0 - echoes of war) so far and 2 of them were bugged. I recorded one fight.

Here's a video of me shooting the shields down, the legs, and then the main body. Profit Taker should now shoot pylons. Instead it just gets back up, allowing me to shoot the legs and main body again (down to 50% hp) before shooting its first set of pylons.

I did not get a mission reward for this fight. If necessary I can upload the entire fight.

• Like 2

On 2022-01-16 at 11:58 PM, Iterniam said:

The only notable factors here seem to be that Velocitus has a Multishot of 1 (or at least didn't trigger the chance for the second), and that Profit-Taker's body wasn't oneshot.

On 2022-01-19 at 12:19 AM, uumm said:

multishot may be a bit of a red herring as just yesterday I saw someone get armor reset with a ms velocitus build. Then again, they may have missed the body.

from what I can tell, something causes the pt's body to be at the wrong hp value after an armor phase, then it resets.

It looks like both the modded Multishot theory and the multi-pellet oneshot theory are invalidated. If you pause the video at 0:16, you can see that @Tater. oneshots with a Multishot of 2, yet still triggers the bug where the armor phase resets.

What remains is the possibility for innate Multishot and single-pellet oneshots to matter, although I don't see why innate Multishot would differ from modded Multishot, suspect that we simply haven't seen the latter because of a selection bias.

Edited by Iterniam
  • Like 1

Another example of the bug in action: 

analyzer log:

Profit-Taker Run #8 by Yggdrazzil cleared in 5m 19s 427ms

From elevator to Profit-Taker took 19.631s. Fight duration: 4m 59s 795ms.

> Phase 1 [2:34]
 Shield change:  76.032s - Slash 15.814s | Heat 25.017s | Viral 15.468s | Puncture 16.299s | Impact 2.617s | Corrosive 0.817s | Magnetic ?s
 Leg break:      25.817s - 22.283s | 1.518s | 1.050s | 0.966s
 Body killed:     1.037s
 Pylons:         25.300s

> Phase 2 [2:49]
 Leg break:      11.217s - 5.983s | 1.267s | 2.067s | 1.900s
 Body killed:     1.020s

> Phase 3 [4:25]
 Shield change:  34.015s - Toxin 17.895s | Electricity 5.649s | Gas 1.966s | Blast 7.518s | Radiation 0.987s | Cold ?s
 Leg break:      18.315s - 14.480s | 1.235s | 1.299s | 1.301s
 Body killed:     9.656s
 Pylons:         34.950s
 Extra shields:            Slash

> Phase 4 [5:19]
 Shield change:  26.716s - Heat 6.715s | Viral 9.102s | Puncture 10.899s | Impact ?s
 Leg break:      24.851s - 10.785s | 1.200s | 1.205s | 1.262s | 5.584s | 1.566s | 0.998s | 2.251s
 Body killed:    10.399s

> Sum of parts [4:59]
 Shield change: 136.763s
 Leg Break:      80.200s
 Body Killed:    22.112s
 Pylons:         60.250s

• Like 1

Here's another run where I get the bug twice in one run, once during phase 2 (2:00 in the vid) and once during phase 4 (5:00 in the vid): 

From the logger:

First shield: Corrosive
Bugged run detected, no stats will be displayed. Bugs found:
No pylon phase start time was recorded in phase 3.
No pylon phase end time was recorded in phase 3.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm this still happens as of 3/7/2022

Also gives no bounty completion or reward even after downing PT

EDIT: So I have done some semi-extensive testing.

I have a 60% radiation Kuva Grattler and a couple configs which swap out only one mod: one with max average damage per shot (Config A), one with max fire rate (Config B), and one with Ammo Chain (Config C); all 7 of the other mods are the same across configs

I also use Wisp on my Profit Taker runs (I know, go ahead and laugh at me for not using Chroma or Saryn)

Whenever I use Config A with haste motes up, that almost ALWAYS triggers the bug.

Whenever I use Config B or C, with or without haste motes, I have yet to see the bug happen (again) under those circumstances, and as such receive the bounty completion and rewards as normal on those runs; needless to say, until this issue is resolved, my workaround is to just run PT with Config C from now on

My current theory is that when the fire rate AND damage together exceeds a certain threshold with its combined ratio (you can call it DPS if you want but I think it's more complex than that), this is perhaps when the bug triggers

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 1

Spent hours night yesterday getting to a suitable build and loadout, then learning the fight, finally beat her solo... no rewards other than 50k, a few debt bonds and a crisma toroid. Phase 4 not even marked off as completed. C'mon guys what is going on? Since September? REALLY? I'm on Xbox, so this is not a PC only bug either.