Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is there any way to find out what email you used to use for your account? :/

ruffuswm

Question

before I bring this to support, does anyone know if there is a way to find out what email my account uses?
the problem is that I use steam, so all of my "emails from warframe" go to that steam email. (not the same as my account)

anyone know any tricks or techniques that I could try to find my accounts email address?

12 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, ruffuswm said:

before I bring this to support, does anyone know if there is a way to find out what email my account uses?
the problem is that I use steam, so all of my "emails from warframe" go to that steam email. (not the same as my account)

anyone know any tricks or techniques that I could try to find my accounts email address?

The only way I know of would be to check account management as it displays the email used there. The problem is you need the email to log in as far a I know. Though, if you're able to open the warframe website through steam it might work. Maybe click buy platinum in the market and it will take you to the website in steam overlay and log in automatically without the email, once logged in go to account management and scroll down

50 minutes ago, ruffuswm said:

I am not using steam. Are you login with some kind of steam account or your mail that you are looking for?

In 2nd case try locating EE.cfg file. My, on win 8.1 no steam (somewhere where your wf shortcut is):

C:\Users\<USER-NAME>\AppData\Local\Warframe

il y a 53 minutes, NecroPed a dit :

Maybe click buy platinum in the market and it will take you to the website in steam overlay and log in automatically without the email, once logged in go to account management and scroll down

interesting idea, I tried it but when It brought me to the warframe site.. I was logged out and it asked me to login :/

Citation

When you get the email, look at the header, the "To:" part? Or go to your Steam account and check the email address listed there.

the email is the email I use for steam, as with all my other emails I get from warframe, including all the "thank you for your purchase" ones :/

Citation

C:\Users\<USER-NAME>\AppData\Local\Warframe

another problem I have is that my old laptop died without warning, this is a new laptop thus no old save files or anything :/

23 minutes ago, ruffuswm said:

another problem I have is that my old laptop died without warning, this is a new laptop thus no old save files or anything :/

Died as in "self destruct" or just won't turn on?

In the second case you may rescue some files. If you are not "tech guy" just go to some pc shop/repairer. They should probably test it and sell you required stuffs. AFAIR Laptops' hdds just needs USB cable, so it's pretty cheap.

I'm not expert on new OSs (windows) but I think it should be easy for not tech guy.

ps. quote me using "quote" button that's in the post not this

''

icon, otherwise I won't be notified

10 hours ago, ruffuswm said:

motherboard died, and its long gone

as he said:

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Rip the harddrive out of it and plug into the new computer as a slave, you might be able to access info maybe.

And even your Harddrive is broken (somehow) it may be something not hard to fix. Sometimes you just need to plug your HD into another pc, write some stuffs into it (to make it simple) and HD would work and you would have most of its data.

12 hours ago, ruffuswm said:

the email is the email I use for steam,

Yes, so what is the address of that email. Type it in, that's your email address that also is used for login. You think warframe sends emails to ruffuswm@myemail.com and it magically transmutes to ruffuswm@steam.com? It doesn't. Email sent from DE to you will be the same email you have used for steam and all the other games. Go to your steam account and look at what that email address is.

Steam does not do email forwarding. And even those places that do, usually put the original recipient as part of a x-envelope header anyway.

Guys, I know my email for the website and game cause there the same but when I try to activate the thing for trading it takes me to the website and I clikc the link so send me an email but it never does send me it and I checked everywhere for it but I can't find it. Would you guys know anything about this?I get no important emails from warframe.

Archived