Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression stuck after unlocking SP

SUPERSAYAme

Question

So, as the title says, I've unlocked SP by finishing all the nodes in starchart, but I don't know how to progress further. I've been using rhino and a hek throughout the entirety of the process (basically stuck to 1 frame and 1 weapon pretty much from start to now). It has been an amazing journey, but now I can't do anything else. I've been trying to get into arbritrations, SP, kuva weapon, eidolon hunting, but all of them feels too difficult and I don't know how to upgrade. Even sortie is difficult because of the final stage. Any advice on what to do and how to proceed?

https://imgur.com/a/4tleBco - rhino and hek mods

What am I missing? Better mods? Arcanes? Better weapons? If so, which? If you want to suggest a new weapon, I prefer to stick with shotguns because I don't have good mods for rifles.

I guess what I'm looking for is a general direction I should take in order to tackle all of the "end game" missions

15 answers to this question

Now's the time to start hunting eidolons to get some arcanes, as well as some newer weapons.

While the normal Hek is a great weapon, it does tend to fall off after some time, try the other Hek variants, Cedo, Corinth or Kuva Kohm.

Sticking to shotguns is fine for most stuff, but eidolons will more or less require a sniper, vectis/rubico prime.

As well as be sure to do other stuff like daily standing in fortuna for operator arcanes like magus lockdown and repair, and putting focus into your operator focus schools.

Sounds like you're at the point where you can start customizing your fights to your liking a little more, which is what you'll want to do since some equipment you may want is behind content that doesn't require so much power (you took an alternative route than someone else).

It might be worth looking into Corrupted Mods. Are you familiar with the resistances of enemies? It might also be worth working on your dodging through movement; your particular pictured Rhino build looks quite chunky indeed, and I think should be able to handle final-stage sortie as long as you keep on the move and, if possible, use Iron Skin

38 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

Now's the time to start hunting eidolons to get some arcanes, as well as some newer weapons.

While the normal Hek is a great weapon, it does tend to fall off after some time, try the other Hek variants, Cedo, Corinth or Kuva Kohm.

Sticking to shotguns is fine for most stuff, but eidolons will more or less require a sniper, vectis/rubico prime.

As well as be sure to do other stuff like daily standing in fortuna for operator arcanes like magus lockdown and repair, and putting focus into your operator focus schools.

I'll give teralyst a go, and see if the drops can help me. I'll have a look at the weapon suggestions as well

30 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Sounds like you're at the point where you can start customizing your fights to your liking a little more, which is what you'll want to do since some equipment you may want is behind content that doesn't require so much power (you took an alternative route than someone else).

It might be worth looking into Corrupted Mods. Are you familiar with the resistances of enemies? It might also be worth working on your dodging through movement; your particular pictured Rhino build looks quite chunky indeed, and I think should be able to handle final-stage sortie as long as you keep on the move and, if possible, use Iron Skin

I do have a few corrupted mods for my rhino to use, but I'm not sure if I'm ready (in terms of endo & mod capacity) to change from my hp/armor build to ability str/armor build.

To be fair, I don't know much about resistances and how to build my mods based on my enemies. So far I've been sticking to a 1 size fits all elements, which is viral + heat combo. Any suggestions on a particular resource that I should read/watch on this?

22 minutes ago, SUPERSAYAme said:

I do have a few corrupted mods for my rhino to use, but I'm not sure if I'm ready (in terms of endo & mod capacity) to change from my hp/armor build to ability str/armor build.

To be fair, I don't know much about resistances and how to build my mods based on my enemies. So far I've been sticking to a 1 size fits all elements, which is viral + heat combo. Any suggestions on a particular resource that I should read/watch on this?

Fair enough. I was thinking more for your shotgun, since your Rhino looks like it can handle itself.

No suggestions on guides or anything outside of the wiki, sorry; I'm sure someone else will have something though. I would recommend taking the Scanner into fights and getting some scans on enemies if you can. With enough study, the Codex will show you what they're weak to, and if you aim the scanner at a studied target in the future, it'll give you a little readout on the right side of your screen of the same info (what they're weak to/resistant to). I find it very handy because I'll be hitting an enemy with an element I think they're weak to and they're just not dying, and I'll have to back off and look at them through the scanner to learn I needed to use a different element that I'd brought. Matching the right element can make a massive difference, and it's not uncommon to bring different elements across primary, secondary, and melee, since most factions have a few weakness/resistances.

21 minutes ago, SUPERSAYAme said:

So far I've been sticking to a 1 size fits all elements, which is viral + heat combo. Any suggestions on a particular resource that I should read/watch on this?

Viral heat will work for all content until you do the higher level Deimos stuff, as they are immune to viral damage.

Now that you've opened up the Star Chart, Arbitration and Open World Syndicates should be your next targets. Steel Path will be more accessible a bit further down the line. There are a few difficulty bumps in the game (remember the first time you fought The Jackal?), and this is one of them.

So I would suggest that you play more Arbitrations and play more Open World Bounties at this point to collect their mods, warfame parts and weapons. Build and level more frames and other equipment (even if you end up selling the ones you do not like) to increase your Mastery Rank, as that will unlock more capacity and equipment. Crack void relics to get the prime versions - at least the prime warframes are definitely worth keeping. Use the easier missions to level equipment, and reserve your best set only for the hardest content you are tackling.

Equipment-wise, this is about as far as a vanilla Hek will take you. You really should be looking for a replacement. Your Rhino is fine as-is, but Rhino Prime is available right now so why not build and use him instead? Build-wise, you should probably forego shields and focus more on Health and Armor. Max shields (but not shield recharge) becomes much less useful once you reach the end of the Star Chart, and if you are building a tank, you should instead focus on Health, Armor and a consistent healing solution.

1 hour ago, SUPERSAYAme said:

So, as the title says, I've unlocked SP by finishing all the nodes in starchart, but I don't know how to progress further. I've been using rhino and a hek throughout the entirety of the process (basically stuck to 1 frame and 1 weapon pretty much from start to now). It has been an amazing journey, but now I can't do anything else. I've been trying to get into arbritrations, SP, kuva weapon, eidolon hunting, but all of them feels too difficult and I don't know how to upgrade. Even sortie is difficult because of the final stage.

I knew this might happen one day.... Except I thought it would occur more often... Anyway...

Any advice on what to do and how to proceed?

You're going to have to back to the regular Star Chart and Farm mods/weapons/Warframe's to round out your Arsenal....I would prioritise the mods above all else since the better your Mod Collection is the more freedom you'll have with Choice of Weapons/Warframe's.

49 minutes ago, SUPERSAYAme said:

I can only provide you with a long Outdated Resources from Sapmatic:

And since you might be tackling Eidolon's you can check this one out... It's just as Old but since Eidolons are immune to Status it's still some what Relevant... Mostly...

I would post the Profit Taker Video Tutorial aswell but that would be of no use to you until you can clear The Progression Stoppers in Fortuna...

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

Kuva nukor is very good for steel path if you got adarza kavat and arcane avenger for the extra crit . For steel path i used  chroma p for easy , boss  missions   , nova for def , hard obj missions , ivara for corpus spy  , wisp for def , loki for grineer spy ,

I use limbo for capture,spy, rescue, and Defense.

I use chroma for extermination, interception, and disruption.

I use Harrow or limbo in a team as well.

I use Sevagoth or Nekros for the rest.

Then you need to take a step back and do these following contents :

• Open World Syndicates. I recommend you start from Fortuna/Orb Vallis.. why? Because that's where most of the "late game" equipments are : Powerful kitguns, Better than Cetus operator amps, powerful operator arcanes, and Atmospheric archguns. Orb Vallis's world bosses which are the Orbs are not very strict on their gear requirements compared to Eidolons. Once you got that out of the way, then progress through Necralisk's open world syndicate, your main goal for that is getting the Voidrig Necramech, a mech that will decimate Eidolons without too much investment into builds and mods, you can try and get the Helminth segment to enchance your frame's power further. Finally after completing these goals, then you can start hunting Eidolons.
  • Arbitration.

Weapon wise, this is a good shotgun that works basically like a rifle: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Astilla

I'd also look at getting one of these: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ignis_Wraith

Other than that, the only advice i can give is to look for mods / get endo. Maybe try doing more Railjack. Arbitrations arnt that much harder than regular missions, just hit the drones. Maybe focus on farming relics and getting prime gear.

6 hours ago, SUPERSAYAme said:

What am I missing? Better mods? Arcanes? Better weapons?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Mate, you somehow managed to clear starchart without even maximizing your capacity, nor having any primed mods. It's commendable, but understandably puts you in a though spot now as you need better gear to move on to later contents.

Later starchart missions (including arbitrations and sortie) are generally won by maximizing your frame's abilities. Normally this is when new players moved on from hack n slash / run n gun, to actually understanding about warframe abilities.

SP missions are generally won by having good weapons and build them properly. This is when intermediate players learn how to incorporate their warframe knowledge to the old hack n slash. 

As others have said, this is the best time to start getting busy with some other activities in the game; syndicate, open worlds, endo farming, rhino prime is unvaulted right now so you probably want to get him asap. Keep an eye on baro and get those primed mods when he brings them.

Also, do you happen to have some extra warframe slots? If yes, may i interest you in using other frames? I was a rhino main myself, used him for the longest time. But when i start messing up with other frames, it opens up a whole new world for me.

Thank you all for the replies. They are all super helpful. I'll reflect on the information I've received here to work on my set of goals.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Mate, you somehow managed to clear starchart without even maximizing your capacity, nor having any primed mods. It's commendable, but understandably puts you in a though spot now as you need better gear to move on to later contents.

Hek + scattered justice mod is really really strong. It can pretty much one shot anyone in the starchart. Rhino (health/armor mods) + iron skin is well just made me pretty much invincible while I just run around one shotting everyone. And, I may have gotten carried on 4 nodes in the star chart (deimos final boss, ambulas, Vodyanoi and Kela de Thaym).

Thank you all for the replies. They are all super helpful. I'll reflect on the information I've received here to work on my set of goals.

Hek + scattered justice mod is really really strong. It can pretty much one shot anyone in the starchart. Rhino (health/armor mods) + iron skin is well just made me pretty much invincible while I just run around one shotting everyone. And, I may have gotten carried on 4 nodes in the star chart (deimos final boss, ambulas, Vodyanoi and Kela de Thaym).

scattered justice is indeed pretty good, as well as rhino's iron skin 👍 as a former rhino main i can attest to that.

but they're lacking some other aspects of the game, like crowd control, damage over time, or other frames special gimmicks, like shielding objects, countering, invisibility, etc.
this is what i meant when players start picking up other frames, they moved up from simply hack n slash to understanding and exploiting different mechanics in the game. winning missions is not merely about "am i strong enough?" anymore. limbo can win any mobile defense missions while being vastly under geared, loki can win spy missions even if he's not strong enough to kill anything. etc. it's about outsmarting the game's mechanics, not just passing gear checks anymore.

but yeah i always remind myself that everyone's experiences are different, there's no right or wrong here.

============

if you still want to move forward with only rhino, my best advice would be farming for rhino prime while he's still unvaulted.

his iron skin has anti-knockback feature, which makes him ideal for strong weapons with knockback mechanics -like kuva bramma or kuva zarr, without having to waste a mod slot for primed sure footed.
once you can acquire good mods and arcanes for your primary, that setup alone + roar, should get you through most nodes in SP.

if you want to stick with shotguns, you're in luck cuz two of the better weapons in the game right now happen to be shotguns: the bubonico and my personal favorite: phantasma.
with that said, they're pretty worthless out of the box and you still gonna need to do arbitrations to get those galvan mods.

best of luck, tenno.

Archived