Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus no mutation cost for 3 and 4

Xionor

I find it very unnecessary that Nidus has to use stacks for his 3 and 4. It just makes the early grind for the stacks take longer and has literally no downside after you've gathered some stacks. The annoying part for me is that with the strong aoe meta it becomes even more difficult to get the stacks. At lower level missions it becomes even more difficult as using your 1 is going to oneshot the enemies.

And I know people are going to say:"Well if your team is that good than your team doesn't need your 3 and 4." and I understand that but I'm playing the game to play it. I play Warframe for the Warframe abilities and not to finish the mission as fast and efficient as possible. I don't care if it's going to make a difference or not I just want to see it, that's why I chose that Warframe.

7 minutes ago, Xionor said:

I play Warframe for the Warframe abilities and not to finish the mission as fast and efficient as possible

I guess the issue is that most other people are trying to get missions done fairly quickly. So the people you join up with in public games may agree with not requiring your abilities, therefore not actually care. You getting to use your abilities shouldn’t come at the cost of three other people’s enjoyment. I get that this is where removing the stack cost would help. I don’t think the cost should be removed - it adds something different to the frame. The cost is relatively low. Perhaps having efficiency effect it could help your problem, I am not sure.

Have you tried changing your build around to see if you can get stacks quicker/more efficiently? It might just be the people I play with, but I don’t usually encounter too many issues getting stacks. It probably helps that I have no reliance at all of the three or four. 

Spoiler

Your title is a little misleading. It sounds like you have a bug where the abilities cost nothing.

It's more about consistency. I don't have problems getting the stacks in any mission it's more that it is sometimes more annoying to get them depending on the team and the mission difficulty.

Also for example on a boss mission I would like to place the 4 but for that I would have to gather them first while everyone else rushes to the boss.

It is a very unnecessary complaint of me but on the other hand I find the cost too very unnecessary. The fact that he gets revived should be reason enough to gather stacks. Also if the 3 and 4 wouldn't cost stacks I could swap his 1 for a helminth ability.

I don't mind an extra ressource that affects a warframe ability but that you can't use an ability at all without having that ressource is just dumb, it is an unnecessary forced synegy.

The upside of all of this is that you don't have to care about energy efficiency at all. His 3 and 4 cost 0 energy, instead of 75 and 100. His 1 also returns energy based on the number of enemies hit.

So basically, you're complaining about the fact that his builds actually have room for freedom and choice.

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

So basically, you're complaining about the fact that his builds actually have room for freedom and choice.

He doesn't has freedom of choice because his 3 and 4 cost no energy. You just can care less about enegry efficiency which are 2 mods from which you always only chose 1. So you have 1 more slot than the other frames. And oh god what a GREAT benefit that is. I mean all the poor Saryn players that can't non stop spam their 4 because energy is such a gigantic problem in Warframe. It's not so that every veteran has Arcane Energize or Zenurik fouc tree. So thank god for that immense benefit.

I do understand that it is a tiny complaint that his 3 and 4 cost stacks but it is such a terrible design choice. Look at Atlas or Ember which also have a unique ressource yet can spam all 4 of their attacks as much as they want and can remove an ability without the whole kit falling apart.

55 minutes ago, Xionor said:

He doesn't has freedom of choice because his 3 and 4 cost no energy. You just can care less about enegry efficiency which are 2 mods from which you always only chose 1. So you have 1 more slot than the other frames. And oh god what a GREAT benefit that is. I mean all the poor Saryn players that can't non stop spam their 4 because energy is such a gigantic problem in Warframe. It's not so that every veteran has Arcane Energize or Zenurik fouc tree. So thank god for that immense benefit.

I do understand that it is a tiny complaint that his 3 and 4 cost stacks but it is such a terrible design choice. Look at Atlas or Ember which also have a unique ressource yet can spam all 4 of their attacks as much as they want and can remove an ability without the whole kit falling apart.

You don't have to use a single mod towards his energy pool or efficiency. You get infinite energy with his 1.

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You don't have to use a single mod towards his energy pool or efficiency. You get infinite energy with his 1.

Yes exactly. But that is not a freedom of choice because you would've either way only used fleeting expertise or streamline. So I don't understand how it is such a great benefit to not have to equip one of those 2 mods. My anwser was about that you're trying to oversell that point even though it isn't a great point.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s so you can use blind rage without worrying about your energy consumption becoming insane with casting all the abilities.

That is true but as his 1 already gives you energy back so that wouldn't matter at all and his 3 has to be cast very rarely as it has an insane duration. That would still be less energy per minute than what a Saryn would use in that time with her 1 and 4.

But that could also be solved to just sacrifice health if you don't have stacks and add a short cooldown as a motivation to get stacks as the better way.

5 minutes ago, Xionor said:

Yes exactly. But that is not a freedom of choice because you would've either way only used fleeting expertise or streamline. So I don't understand how it is such a great benefit to not have to equip one of those 2 mods. My anwser was about that you're trying to oversell that point even though it isn't a great point.

You either have no clue how to mod warframes or your Nidus build in specific is bland as hell. A single extra mod slot huge, especially on Nidus.

14 minutes ago, Xionor said:

That is true but as his 1 already gives you energy back so that wouldn't matter at all and his 3 has to be cast very rarely as it has an insane duration. That would still be less energy per minute than what a Saryn would use in that time with her 1 and 4.

But that could also be solved to just sacrifice health if you don't have stacks and add a short cooldown as a motivation to get stacks as the better way.

Or we just don’t touch Nidus.

Don’t fix what ain’t broken.

On 2021-09-17 at 10:12 AM, Xionor said:

I find it very unnecessary that Nidus has to use stacks for his 3 and 4.

Nidus using Stacks is much like Baruuk using his Restraint: It bypasses Energy.

You can get procs that remove energy, whether that's Status or Aura or anything else, but Nidus when he's up on Stacks can still use his Passive, his Survivability and his team Healing.

It's like having those guns with the Battery charge instead of the ammo count. It can lead to slower reload speeds, but it removes ammo pickups as a consideration.

I dont understand this complaint at all.   They recently made it so even if other players kill the guys in your meatball you build stacks.  

I find Nidus abilities pretty sluggish...  Casting 2 and then trying to cast 1 right away is pretty difficult.  Sometimes casting 2 is hard to actually cast (im assuming the previous larva is still active but sometimes it feels like I definately should be able to cast it and cant).

However I have no problems building stacks.  My build has very little strength and has to spam 2-3 1's before I build up 3 stacks for my healing.  But most times I never use 1.  I only spam 2 to pull in enemies and murder them.   By the time anyone needs healing I have more than enough stacks.   If I do use 1 during fights I can easily max out my stacks to 100 lol  .    Does your build have Negative strength or something ???  I cant fathom how you could not be building stacks if you are trying at all.  

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!! to see Nidus's stack count affect his abilities........ 

• 10-25 = x bonuses
  • 26-50 = y bonuses
  • 51-75 = z bonuses
  • 76-100 stacks = omg bonuses...  

aka.  Width of 1.  Range of 2(or ignore walls/doors/obstacles lol).  ?? of 3.   4's range and healing. 

------------

My Build:

• Umbra x3
  • Over-Extended + Stretch + cunning drift(exilus slot)...  (augur reach after the others only adds 3.4meters so I ditched it)
  • Hunter Adrenaline
  • Adaptation
  • Streamline (Fleeting Expert is very tempting.... but the way I play..I only build stacks by killing meatball... so if it only lasted 2.? seconds I would have a harder time.  right now it lasts 7 seconds.   The other reason to have a little more duration is for your 4 to stick around awhile.   At 100% duration it lasts for a good 22+ seconds which is nice)

It ends up being:

• 100% Duration
  • 130% effeciency
  • 250-265% range
  • 125%+ strength 

1700 HP and with the armor his STARTING DR is 80%+ not to mention adaptation.   And again you dont need 1 for energy because of Hunter Adrenaline.   

---------------------

I dont get the point of using a high strength nidus for big heals and energy regen with a 2 that cant pull anything.   Your just a super lame healing frame ?? lol.....   Or you just focus on casting 4 and exploding it? (with no range)... 

On 2021-09-17 at 4:12 AM, Xionor said:

I play Warframe for the Warframe abilities and not to finish the mission as fast and efficient as possible. 

That's like saying you play baseball because you enjoy running. I agree the abilities are really fun and cool, but they're only a small aspect of the game.

As for Nidus, the real management for him is still energy. Yeah, once you get stacks up, his 3 and 4 are inconsequential to cast. The real trick is managing his energy to balance his 1. I've seen players run low efficiency because a portion of the energy spent is refunded on hit for each enemy it hits, and it frees up space for strength. Nidus is kind of a boring frame in my opinion, but there are 46 other frames currently in the game. If you don't like Nidus, maybe try Grendel if you want more management.

Archived