Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to mercy kill downed Hounds

HintOfMalice

As per title, sometimes when the Hounds get downed I am unable to Mercy kill them. They lie down as they normally do when their hp drops to zero and the health portion of their bar is empty but they will continue to recharge shields when not taking damage. They don't get back up, they don't do any attacks or use any abilities and they cannot be Mercy killed. Experienced it twice in the last half hour (so it isn't an especially common bug), and I've farmed at least one Sister to completion every day this week and never encountered it before. I really don't know what's causing it, unless something broke in the update that launched today. If the update didn't cause it, the only thing I can think of is it might be an interaction with Sonar or Silence. I've farmed Sisters a lot, but today is the first time I've used Banshee to kill them. The second time it occurred the Hound was finished off with a melee slide attack. I don't remember how I killed the first one that broke (probably just shot it) and I don't know if this will be significant. 

14 часов назад, IronArrow2 сказал:

I had this happen too. Both the hounds in a Disruption mission broke this way. It's probably a more general bug because I was Rhino in that mission, playing solo.

i had 3 in one mission and about 12 hounds for the whole session (~5 hours)
It happens if you don't finish it right away, and do some action on the button (resurrect a pet or something else)
Or it was downed by Octavia's Mallet
image-2021-09-10-16-42-20.png

5 hours ago, MrPierreDuck said:

It happens if you don't finish it right away

I thought this, but I've made an extended effort to put this to the test by Killing them instantly and it still occurred for me. Luckily, it only broke 2 hounds for the entire Sister I just finished but attempting to Mercy instantly doesn't seem to be a fix, at lost not in my experience.

Also, my sympathies for losing all 3 hounds in a mission to this bug. I think I would have rage quit

1 час назад, HintOfMalice сказал:

I thought this, but I've made an extended effort to put this to the test by Killing them instantly and it still occurred for me. Luckily, it only broke 2 hounds for the entire Sister I just finished but attempting to Mercy instantly doesn't seem to be a fix, at lost not in my experience.

Also, my sympathies for losing all 3 hounds in a mission to this bug. I think I would have rage quit

Well, probably instant kill was wrong version.
I had another case with downing hound by Mirage's disco ball, it bugs too, so looks like this bug triggers by downing hounds with some skills, and one of those is Octavia's Mallet, definitely

had this happen too now in 2 of the 4 first missions of my current sister.
was soloing, playing as mesa, "killing" them with the ult or at least starting to shoot at them, go out of 4, reposition, try to shoot again but they are in their undead state.

their shields regen normally and you can do damage to them, but they themself are in a deep meditative sleep... such healthy, much wow...

Warframe: Murmurs uncollectable.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1149366243

Ishtar, Venus - Survival, Corpus.
Frame:     Khora
Prime:      Rubico Prime
Sec:          5* Tenet Diplos (leveling those)

*** cache is cleared and files are verified after the update ***

1. Loaded mission on public.
2. Matchmaking makes me host as I start the mission alone.
3. Playing Normal khora - casting Strangle dome, ensnare on what it catches and whip on the dome for extra goodness.
4. Hound spawns, steal my used weapon, dies - Murmur uncollectable.
5. I have retrieved my weapon - Murmur uncollectable still.
6. Ragequit.
7. Repeat.
8. Posted vid on twitch.
9. Linked it here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1149366243
10. Went to try with another frame.
11. Murmuring in frustration.
12. Getting the idea of why it's called a murmur!

My specs:
Motherboard:        z370 aorus gaming 7
CPU:            i7-8700K 3.7GHz
RAM:            32GB DDR4 F1200 CL17 RAM Dual-Channels
GFX Card:        Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB

I can no longer collect murmurs as well, and neither can anyone I have partied with, my lich is on Ceres right now, restarting the game and clearing cache also did not work.

the prompt is there, but when I press X it just kills them as if I was doing any normal finishing attack.

10 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Are you sure it wasn't just because they were caught in the dome? Other enemies with special statuses and things like manics and prosecutors will be bound up in their invulnerable state, perhaps they were stuck under similar circumstances?

I was using Rhino Prime and had the same issue so I don't think Khora's dome was the issue

It happened twice in a row in the same mission to me. Either it is if you kill them too fast or it is during a certain ability or animation.
The only animation i saw was the attack animation. And it had this bubble thing around it as an ability, but other hounds had the same issue before without that ability.

So no clue what is going on, all  i know it is really, REALLY anoying me to no end. 
Can't wait till i am done with C.Liches, so i don't have to look at this content for the next year again, till more weapons come in.

Same thing happened to me. Killed one dog with weapons only, mercy-able.

Then while defending the target, one got hit by Vaub's Vortex and turned un-mercy-able. Earlier I used operator with Magus Lockdown with sane result, so I think if its hit by an ability that can send them ragdolling, they become invincible. ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

15 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Are you sure it wasn't just because they were caught in the dome? Other enemies with special statuses and things like manics and prosecutors will be bound up in their invulnerable state, perhaps they were stuck under similar circumstances?

Yes I am sure.
The hound ran in into the dome and right out of it, consistently, in every play-through I've played.
Hounds ignore the dome, vauban vortex and I suspect they ignore Nidus's Larva as well.

Mind you that the same issue occurred while I was playing mesa - but not in a solo match, more players were involved and it may have been one of them or right out the host that instigated the issue.

20 hours ago, AutumnBolt said:

I can no longer collect murmurs as well, and neither can anyone I have partied with, my lich is on Ceres right now, restarting the game and clearing cache also did not work.

the prompt is there, but when I press X it just kills them as if I was doing any normal finishing attack.

I can, just after posting i did with Vauban.
My Vauban has it's 1 replaced with Khora's Ensnare, so we can assume it's not ensnare as I have collected murmurs successfully with it and it's setup.

53 minutes ago, --Q--Sintharius said:

I had the same problem killing hounds with Mesa's Peacemaker in solo. Perhaps there is something tied to warframe abilities that using them in the process of killing hounds cause them to not be mercy-able.

7 hours ago, 667st said:

Then while defending the target, one got hit by Vaub's Vortex and turned un-mercy-able. Earlier I used operator with Magus Lockdown with sane result, so I think if its hit by an ability that can send them ragdolling, they become invincible.

That could like up with Rhino stomp and such too, yeah.

This has been happening to me a lot too.  I generally take Octavia in.  The hound will die, but the shields regenerate and they are un-mercy-able.  
I've also verified all the files.  Sometimes I can mercy them, sometimes I cannot.  I just tried two different missions.  Out of four hounds, I was able to mercy one.

Archived