Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aren't we in some sense the same as the grineers?

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

4 минуты назад, (XBOX)C11H22O11 сказал:

hey can you not put people in massive debt

i can, it's basically USA in space. People that are not a part of the system are being consumed by it.

5 минут назад, (XBOX)C11H22O11 сказал:

are you expecting to sit down in the mission let them beat you to death and you're there thinking they'll listen to you saying "hey can you not put people in massive debt"

ah no i just speed-run or mass murder them all just because, the reason hardly matters because i get a candy at the end.

7 минут назад, (XBOX)C11H22O11 сказал:

These factions make people's lives miserable

what people? i don't see much people except for mutants of Cetus and cyborgs of Fortuna. Are you telling me i killed a million just for these dregs? Hardly a reason enough.

And that's a problem with the game, as it now we do not have ultimate enemy, the real bad boys to justify genocide we commit.

2 minutes ago, trst said:

They also enslave their own (Fortuna), use children as leverage (Waverider/Glast Gambit), and would choose to destroy a potential cure to the Infestation out of spite (Tubemen of Regor) among other things. Sure there may be collateral damage to other Corpus in our actions but we're not out here enslaving other Tenno or using children as shields just to make a quick Credit.

Still the lesser evil here.

There is also the Mother/Child relationship between us and the Lotus so Ordis imitating here is likely just following that thread while also being the lazy option by DE. But since Apostasy/The Sacrifice we have been seeing mission directors other than Lotus/Ordis with the Entrati on Deimos, Little Duck with Disruptions, and Cy in Railjack.

So we certainty don't require the Lotus or some facsimile of her in order to do what we do.

While I do agree on the note that we're the lesser evil since we don't attack civilian population like they do or enslave for money, but uve got to admit that we turn a blind eye on certain things when it benefit us..perfect example is the relay, when you go to the red vail, we can literally see them in the process of torturing a grineer, yet we don't intervene. 

8 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

-snip-

"TheJadrimian Asks: What is life like for normal people in the Origin System? We see a lot of individuals hanging around the relays, but are they a privileged few? What about everyone else?

Given that operators spend most of their time in hostile territory it is not unreasonable to assume that there are few 'normal' organics in the Solar System. But civilian settlements do exist, and those that keep far away from zones of conflict can live lives uninterrupted by violence. Such day-to-day tasks may be related to agriculture, scientific development, construction, or the trading of goods.

These locations are no secret, but visiting them is of no concern to us. Contact with any Tenno operative is considered an act of treason by the Grineer, and a potentially exploitable resource by a majority of the Corpus council. Those who work within Tenno relays are in fact a privileged few, but their allegiance to our cost does come at the loss of safety beyond our harbor.

The Lotus works so that no civilian need make contact with a tool of war. Warframes are no exception."

https://www.warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-29

From your answers it seems like you like role playing as evil guy, which is fine you do you, but stating that Tenno are just as bad as grineer as a fact is just wrong, it's basically focusing on bad things and ignoring all good deeds that they do

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

The Corpus, Infested, Grineer, Sentient, and Tenno all share the fact they were created by the Orokin. I'd start there. I agree we both share the general matriarchal figure that has us go commit genocide throughout the origin systems theme. I see where you're going with it.

I agreed with the OP's conclusion, then this post made me realise the Tenno have a strong resemblance to, or rather appear to be a blend of, all the other factions.

We are tools; hammers. We were even put away when the work was done, for centuries. Now they need hammers again, so out of the toolbox we come. We don't negotiate with nails, we pound them. 

We are anti-heroes. We do good by doing bad things to bad people. At least, we hope so, but having doubts just adds drama.

A good story has plenty of conflict, particularly internal conflict. I hope in The New War they are able to give us both a physical and moral standoff; a final battle with Natah to decide once and for all "who we really are."

6 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

yeah we enslave Grineer and Corpus and trade them between ourselfs only to murder them for shiny things or a new weapon.

Crimson Branch is our own slave pen and slave market.

Depending on their personality converting them ranges from making them turn against Granum/The Queens or die to them preferring to work with us willingly instead.

So sure there is room for Lichs/Sisters to be a gray area but we are dealing with super soldiers designed to bolster their own factions and are designed to kill us. Not other Tenno.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

While I do agree on the note that we're the lesser evil since we don't attack civilian population like they do or enslave for money, but uve got to admit that we turn a blind eye on certain things when it benefit us..perfect example is the relay, when you go to the red vail, we can literally see them in the process of torturing a grineer, yet we don't intervene. 

Considering the relations between the Syndicates and their shared spaces in the relay to do anything about the Veil's actions there would incite a political altercation in what's certainty a ceasefire zone. But that doesn't stop us from allying with the Syndicates who're against the Veil.

But even then we have no context of who that Grineer is or why they're on that table to begin with. Just as we don't know why we go out and capture people or what happens to them.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

also there is no reprocussuons of red veil attacking us in those defection missions we are trying to save people they are trying to kill the kavor but we dont confrunt them about this after the mission and we never speak of this again till we do another defection mission and hey its red veil trying to kill more kavor and then still we let them off the hook but grinner oh no they are trying to get into cetus (still havent yet) we must kill as many of the grinner as possible

1 минуту назад, (XBOX)C11H22O11 сказал:

but stating that Tenno are just as bad as grineer as a fact is just wrong, it's basically focusing on bad things and ignoring all good deeds that they do

just as bad? we are worse.

We take slaves and murder them because we want what they have. We go on a run not because of high ideals but because there is a reward in the end. We hunt Eidolons for sport.

And yes we kill orbs to prevent them to destroy Fortuna, that's kinda a good deed i guess.

Once you actually take a step back and stop assuming that you're the "good guy" and that the people you fight against are the "bad guys", it becomes clear that the Tenno are just another faction like the Corpus, the Grineer, and the Infested.  We do some very bad things.

We are the protagonists, but we are by no means "good".

6 минут назад, trst сказал:

Not other Tenno.

We hunt them for weapons and shiny things. We sell them to other tenno as cattle to be slaughtered.

^ this dude want to murder some human beings for shiny bitz. he want to do it twice.

Do you have slaves with a requested qualities?

7 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

We hunt them for weapons and shiny things. We sell them to other tenno as cattle to be slaughtered.

Hunting them for drops is the gameplay reason for why we go after them while the game doesn't actually give us a lore reason.

Even so if we want to assume the worst possible scenario in which we hunt them solely for their gear and converted ones are fully enslaved (despite what they say on the matter) we're again dealing with super soldiers who're designed to grow stronger by fighting us.

Not Derick from accounting who's late on his loan payment and now gets to be shipped off to Fortuna while having his lungs repossessed. Who'll also have his children abducted and sent to Fortuna should he default on any more loans.

Even if we're enslaving Lichs and Sisters we're still the lesser evil relative to what the Corpus do.

6 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

mhm. an atrocity of "lesser" scale is still an atrocity

Still less than enslaving someone over money, forcing them into continued slavery by forcing more debt onto them, encouraging them to rat out their own colleagues for money, leave them to die by repossessing their augmented organs they were forced to get and take loans out for, and threatening the same fate on their family should they die or fail to pay off all their loans.

Sure slavery and murder is slavery and murder but what we're doing to Lichs/Sisters is only faintly comparable to the Corpus with Fortuna. We're not wholly good but are, again, the lesser evil here.

1 hour ago, Kel_Silonius said:

yeah we enslave Grineer and Corpus and trade them between ourselfs only to murder them for shiny things or a new weapon.

Crimson Branch is our own slave pen and slave market.

They are converted/recruited not enslaved.One of my liches said something along the lines of ,,Those mean old queens were so angry at me for running off with you,but I don't regret it".What part of that sounds like enslavement?

Also,gameplay mechanics aren't always lore canon.

Edit: the exact voiceline is 

"Those mean old Queens were quite angry with me, running off with you like this. But it's worth it."

6 минут назад, V2lkyr сказал:

What part of that sounds like enslavement?

pretty much because these liches/sisters are your property now which you can sell for money. and when you sell them to another person, you 100% sure these liches/sisters are gonna die in a rather brutal manner.

Besides what exactly parazon does so it can convert an engineered anti-tenno "super" lol soldier into tenno simp? looks like neuro-reprogramming to me.

Funny thing with DE, they are all kinda #BLM and shhh, yet their game is endorsing slave hunt, slave pens, slave market and slave auction.

No matter how you look at it, the fact of a trade of "living" property have place in this game. One tenno can trade a sentient living being to another tenno. Like pets or cattle.

Tenno are not heroes, they are kinda... evil things to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

pretty much because these liches/sisters are your property now which you can sell for money. and when you sell them to another person, you 100% sure these liches/sisters are gonna die in a rather brutal manner.

Besides what exactly parazon does so it can convert an engineered anti-tenno "super" lol soldier into tenno simp? looks like neuro-reprogramming to me.

Funny thing with DE, they are all kinda #BLM and shhh, yet their game is endorsing slave hunt, slave pens, slave market and slave auction.

No matter how you look at it, the fact of a trade of "living" property have place in this game. One tenno can trade a sentient living being to another tenno. Like pets or cattle.

Tenno are not heroes, they are kinda... evil things to be honest.

Until DE says that lich and sister trading is lore canon I'm free to assume it's not.

I REALLY don't understand how these discussions continue to come up. No, we're not evil. No, we're not trading liches and sisters. That's just a gameplay feature to make things less dependent on RNG. Yes, the grineer are violent murdering bastards. Yes, the corpus are greedy slavers. No, we shouldn't feel bad about putting some of them down so other people can be free of their tyranny. There's no moral dilemma here. If not for the Tenno, a lot more settlements would be completely destroyed by the grineer, or colonized and enslaved by the corpus.

3 hours ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

one dialogue that prove such a thing is they'll often be saying " for the queens " but then if you pay attention to our tennos, during the missions they'll sometimes say the samething but instead of the queens they'll say " for the lotus". 

3 hours ago, FishMcCool said:

Did you know that the Grineer used to be builders? Now all they make is war.

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

Now the Grineer prey on the weak, but we prey on the Grineer.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Ballistics and archaic weapons, crude and dangerous, just like the Grineer.

"You Tenno, you fight for treasure. You are just another Corpus machine to me! Are you just mercenaries? Fighting for scraps? Where is this so-called Tenno honor?"

Archived