Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't it be better if DE had started with an old war quest first?

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

Ok now I do know we've a quest already called "the old war" but do yall really consider that the old war? IMHO it would've been better lore wise if DE had formally put out an old war quest. I mean like go back in time to actually see how the orokin was, a side quest about how the zaramin ten zero happened, magulis' death, natah' infiltration of the oroking (also how the sentients were created) the beginning of the orokin's fall..etc etc you get the gist...don't get me wrong, I am glad that we're finally getting a new quest/activity but I just think they should've started by showing us what really happened or to an extent make us go through it.what do yall think?

I think that they keep the old war in some kind of mystery on purpose. It's something in the distant past and the Tenno pretty explicitly have fragmented memories of it. Sometimes, it's better to not show something, because a player's own imagination of what happened will always be better to them.

Also, we're confirmed to be getting some flashbacks in the New War if the Tennocon demonstration is anything to go by. Wouldn't shock me if more than a few took place during the Old War.

It is probably avoided since they want it to feel immersive when we do quests with our Tenno. The Old War is a vague fragmented memory of our Tenno. To put it in pen and paper rpg terms, DE avoids being the meta-GM. They wont force feed us info that our character possibly couldnt know and they dont make use of their knowledge about our character to make things impossible for us to achieve.

Archived