Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HDR PS5 settings

(PSN)lego12682

Question

Been playing with my HDR settings, with HDR on from PS5 game presets/Always on. The game looks extremely bright, even with brightness around 45, contrast 60. 

With HDR set to only when supported, it turns HDR off after setting brightness and contrast back to default, every thing looks great. I'm definitely on the PS5 version,  

My question is anyone else with a ps5, how are you setup and if you would share your setting and maybe I can replicate. Thanks

9 answers to this question

Hi, I just got PS5 and made init setup yesterday. I have no issues regarding HDR so far. (And no Warframe HDR issues)

Try to make PS5 HDR settings again: Settings/Screen and Video/Adjust HDR. And be precise.. Those symbols must be "barely" visible..

NOTE: I have another issue. I sometimes get very short blackout (~20-100ms) few times per hour, usualy happens when changing loadouts.

7 hours ago, (PSN)lego12682 said:

Do you have you game preset to always on? Or only when supported? Are you set to performance or resolution?

Yes I have HDR to always on. All other display settings on automatic.

You can also try to change HDMI cable or TV settings. Modern TV should switch to 'game' mode.

I also found similar issue on ps4 pro. They started console in safe mode and set HDCP 1.4...

Am 27.9.2021 um 21:46 schrieb (PSN)CynicalkingVZL:

The game on PS5 does not have HDR, sadly. It's one of the things turning me off after migrating from PC. I cannot find any info on when they're enabling it. 

Thanks for this (truly unsatisfying) info. But I can confirm this. Unless you force the PS5 into HDR via "always on", Warframe will run in conventional SDR mode and NOT in HDR mode. So, at the moment Warframe apparently does not support HDR on PS5.

On 2021-10-29 at 7:50 AM, (PSN)Blocker-73 said:

Thanks for this (truly unsatisfying) info. But I can confirm this. Unless you force the PS5 into HDR via "always on", Warframe will run in conventional SDR mode and NOT in HDR mode. So, at the moment Warframe apparently does not support HDR on PS5.

I've searched thoroughly for any info and the only thing I found is from March 2020, the release notes for update 1.83 says "We're looking into the tech support to potentially bring the HDR Preview option to PS4 Pro", but everything about HDR on consoles has been silent from that date. I've pinged Steve a couple of times asking about it on twitter but no reply so far. 

Archived