Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech or Archgun Grind?

(XBOX)Beowulf Tyr

Question

22 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I have gravimags fitted on all my Archguns, yet not completed Profit-Taker to use them outside of AW or RJ. How? Market upgrade. So whilst I can't deploy them outside AW-related content they're all fitted with one in readiness

Um, you should already have the archgun launcher then. You don't need to fight Profit Taker to get it. You get the launcher after completing the third bounty.

You could just tell us what the mission is. It makes things easier instead of being all mysterious and vague.

Anyway, the answer is not clear as they are both grindfests. The Gravimag requires much standing with SU and then standing with VS, and these both require a lot of awkward-to-get drops. First those debt bonds, medical ones cause a lot of anguish and the rarer ones even more so (though I imagine you don't hear as much because people just give up). After that you need toroids, and lots of them to level up VS *plus* the gravimag components that are also a source of much anguish. Search the forums for "atmo systems are impossible to get" or "why do medical debt bonds never drop".

Necramechs are eaiser then, standing is easy peasy to get, you just need the part drops from dead necramechs in the iso vaults. This is not as easy as you think, though a decent build can make it very easy, for a lower level player, its hard. much hard. And then you get a chance at the drops, 3.4% for the engines and pod. You will only need to level up to level 2 to get the BP to get a mech with Necraloid, and the requirements drop from the easy level iso vaults so it's not as bad.

The mech is much more useful than the gravimag. By far. Stick a grattler on one and you can blast away on the open worlds. Gravimag is not su much fun, loading animation is slow and then you're stuck with it until you un-equip it. Its more a nuisance than a help. If you have both gravimag and mech, You will use the mech every time unless you have a very special need.

So my answer would be: Mech. If you're doing Orphix, then you need a mech anyway.

To get a mech, I used Nezha a lot with a fulmin. Do the easy vault, blast its arms off and then use the semi mode to blast its weak point. Once its arms are gone, it will headbutt you, you can run behind it while it resets itself giving you plenty of time to dakka away. Big hits are damage capped IIRC so fast fire works much better. Others say ignis wraith works as it has AoE damage effect, and of course archguns work like the grattler work well too. Slow the mech with gloom or put it to sleep with Nora's landing craft charges help too.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Whiskey69 said:

That's because Rez is giving you incorrect information.

Yes, you get the Archgun Deployer after the third mission...but that's the third HEIST mission, which you don't get access to until you're rank 5 standing with Vox Solaris.

If you're REALLY in a hurry, you can just buy Voidrig with Plat and build Bonewidow later when you feel like suffering the grind.  

Now who is spreading false information. The third Vox bounty does not require rank 5 with Vox Solaris, you have to be rank 5 with Solaris United to run the Profit bounties. Clearly, you must not have run anything with Vox yet.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

and nope, I have Gravimags installed but no Archgun Launchers

That's because Rez is giving you incorrect information.

Yes, you get the Archgun Deployer after the third mission...but that's the third HEIST mission, which you don't get access to until you're rank 5 standing with Vox Solaris.

If you're REALLY in a hurry, you can just buy Voidrig with Plat and build Bonewidow later when you feel like suffering the grind.  

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Um, you should already have the archgun launcher then. You don't need to fight Profit Taker to get it. You get the launcher after completing the third bounty.

I've never seen it, either gearwheel nor a Foundry item so I think I have to grind Solaris rep like everyone else to get the Archgun Launcher... I'll check though in case it was sneaked in whilst I was occupied trying out the Boltor Prime :p

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Beowulf Tyr said:

No, it's not for Profit Taker, that would be silly. I need to complete a Railjack mission solo with it, because Fluctus shoots through walls.

If you're talking about Orphix, then you basically need a mech regardless, so the choice seems to be clear... (Or just use a rent-a-mech, kill 3 Orphix and move on, no grind needed.)

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

What are you specifically going for here? This post is so confusing. Are you trying to get an archgun? The archgun launcher? The archgun launcher should either be obtained in the first or second bounty of Profit Taker. If you aren't max rank in Solaris United, you can't even get the launcher or a gravimag yet. You also mention Fluctus. Are you going to buy it with plat or get the parts from trading with other people in the proper syndicates? Going for a necramech has nothing to do with Fluctus either. And you don't need a gravimag'd archgun to complete a railjack mission either.

I have gravimags fitted on all my Archguns, yet not completed Profit-Taker to use them outside of AW or RJ. How? Market upgrade. So whilst I can't deploy them outside AW-related content they're all fitted with one in readiness

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Beowulf Tyr said:

I don't have any standing. The Gravimag specifically says you must complete Profit Taker to use it (get the Archgun Launcher).

So with no standing in either Entrati or Solaris, which mission would get me the Archgun use faster. 

No, it's not for Profit Taker, that would be silly. I need to complete a Railjack mission solo with it, because Fluctus shoots through walls.

What are you specifically going for here? This post is so confusing. Are you trying to get an archgun? The archgun launcher? The archgun launcher should either be obtained in the first or second bounty of Profit Taker. If you aren't max rank in Solaris United, you can't even get the launcher or a gravimag yet. You also mention Fluctus. Are you going to buy it with plat or get the parts from trading with other people in the proper syndicates? Going for a necramech has nothing to do with Fluctus either. And you don't need a gravimag'd archgun to complete a railjack mission either.

Edit: After the third Profit Taker bounty, you get the archgun launcher. Not the first or second bounty.

7 minutes ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

Fortuna, on the other hand, requires you to be Rank 5 with the Solaris United, which is 5,000 + 22,000 + 44,000 + 70,000 + 99,000 Standing, equating to 240,000 at a minimum if you do not buy anything at all. From then you can immediately access Profit-Taker's missions, requiring no further Standing farms. You do not need to build anything at all through this route, but it is far longer.

That's almost Two weeks for a High MR Player right ?

If you have absolutely 0 standing in both of them, meaning you are Neutral with no standing...

Necramech will be quicker, just from a pure Syndicate standpoint.

The Necraloid only needs you to get to Rank 2 for your first full Necramech (Voidrig) and the parts are sold by Loid for 13,000 Standing in total. Along with the 5,000 to rank up to Rank 1 and the 22,000 to rank up to Rank 2, you will only need 40,000 Standing with the Necraloid in total if you do not select any Voidrig parts as rankup bonuses and do not buy anything else. The downside to this is that you will have to build each part, which can get quite time consuming, especially so if RNGesus (or Lootcifer) doesn't like you.

Fortuna, on the other hand, requires you to be Rank 5 with the Solaris United, which is 5,000 + 22,000 + 44,000 + 70,000 + 99,000 Standing, equating to 240,000 at a minimum if you do not buy anything at all. From then you can immediately access Profit-Taker's missions, requiring no further Standing farms. You do not need to build anything at all through this route, but it is far longer.

I don't have any standing. The Gravimag specifically says you must complete Profit Taker to use it (get the Archgun Launcher).

So with no standing in either Entrati or Solaris, which mission would get me the Archgun use faster. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Beowulf Tyr said:

or I could complete Profit Taker with Solaris and carry it.

If you already have access to the Profit-Taker you don't need any standing, you automatically get a built Gravimag the first time you complete heist 3.

And I'm assuming the mission you need the archgun for is the Profit-Taker. So even if you aren't max rank with Solaris United (not Vox Solaris), why wouldn't you pick the Gravimag over the mech?

Without knowing where you're at with standing it is hard to say.

IMO the grind to Profit Taker was way more time consuming than the grind to get a Necramech. Having said that, I think the intended progression is Profit Taker prior to Necramech. 

Even if Necramech is slower I would say it may be better to get your Necramech as early as possible. Partly because it makes Profit Taker much easier and partly because you can level archweapons with it in Railjack missions.

Archived