Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did they show another open world?

WingR84

I while ago i saw a dev stream but i'm not sure anymore if the NPCs that i saw showed the infested open world or a new "alien faction"

Can someone tell me if the new war (with the tao system) will bring another faktion or if it was the infested open world faction?
I remember something like purple aliens.... or was this just the blue looking Entrati without their "plant bottom" body?

Just now, WingR84 said:

I while ago i saw a dev stream but i'm not sure anymore if the NPCs that i saw showed the infested open world or a new "alien faction"

Do you remember which DevStream that was?

Just now, WingR84 said:

Can someone tell me if the new war (with the tao system) will bring another faction or if it was the infested open world faction?

There is no way of knowing without see which stream it was but as far as i know there is no new faction planned.

As for the Tau system, i dont think its anywhere near to be implemented yet.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I'm confused.

I think the OP is mixing a combination of Duviri Paradox stuff from long ago, recent New War stuff from Tennocon, the Entrati, a fevered dream he had last night, and wishful thinking into a bizarre mish-mash of speculation and questions even though OP doesn't understand. 

23 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The Sentients come from Tau but i do remember years ago DE mentioned they wanted to add a whole new Star chart that would be in Tau.

Yeah that's what I mean. I was under the impression that New War would be introducing the Tau system (I imagine we are responding to the Sentient attack somehow... Unless New War is more of an introduction to them as an enemy faction and something like Duviri Paradox is where we actually end up going to Tau)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb motorfirebox:

You're probably thinking of the teaser they showed for The Duviri Paradox.

no, it was before this.

But if nobody remembers it then it maybe was the Entrati. The only thing that confuses me is that i remember them not to have super long arms and i think they had legs.
I remember them to be small blue humans... but i could be wrong (it was a long time ago)

Just now, Leqesai said:

Yeah that's what I mean. I was under the impression that New War would be introducing the Tau system (I imagine we are responding to the Sentient attack somehow... Unless New War is more of an introduction to them as an enemy faction and something like Duviri Paradox is where we actually end up going to Tau)

I would be surprised if we are ready for the Tau System yet, I am not even sure Duviri Paradox is going to get us there, but I could end up being wrong. 

I got the impression more that The New War update is going to be about a more permanent sentient invasion presence in OUR system, and that we will take the fight to them in a later update. We will see though. 

Just saying, it makes sense story-wise and everything. Scarlet Spear was their first attempt at a permanent presence, but it failed, then Orphix Venom was mostly beat back, but they have a decent foothold in the Proxima regions now, and that is enough forward bases to bring forward their real presence in the system. 

I think we will be taking the fight to them later, at least in any comprehensive way. I could see us sneaking into a base in the Tau System real quick for an assassination as part of the story, but I don't think the whole new map is coming yet. I would be pleasantly surprised by such a meaty update though. 

7 minutes ago, WingR84 said:

no, it was before this.

But if nobody remembers it then it maybe was the Entrati. The only thing that confuses me is that i remember them not to have super long arms and i think they had legs.
I remember them to be small blue humans... but i could be wrong (it was a long time ago)

Yup, all of that sounds like concept artwork they showed a while back for the Duviri Paradox, I swear you are describing a lot of it perfeclty. It was probably not from the trailer, but from the concept art they showed on a stream, and that is why you are not connecting the two. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

I think the OP is mixing a combination of Duviri Paradox stuff from long ago, recent New War stuff from Tennocon, the Entrati, a fevered dream he had last night, and wishful thinking into a bizarre mish-mash of speculation and questions even though OP doesn't understand. 

Half half...

What i remember was shown before the New War stuff and i thought that we're building the railjack to attack the Tau system, but then they realeased Railjack V1 and a while after that the infested open world.

I'm asking because i'm not sure if i'm thinking of conzept art of the Entrati or not, because it wouldnt be the first time that we see something 2-3 years before it's real release....

Back in the day i thought that the 3rd spider on Fortuna (the one at the star port) and the tech that we get there would be used to bring the strange box on the railjack to the Tau system with some warpdrive that we get from the coprus research on fortuna. I'm still confused about the grown up operator from the new war trailer and the horse riding guy (totally has nothing to do with game of thrones, right?)

I also wonder if we will get new Eidolons with the new war, because the Eidolonparts that you can see all over PoE are HUGE compared to those babys that walk the plains at night.
Speaking of this... i wonder when we will be able to mod our APMs and get more skills on the operator focus trees (stuff like flat more energy or HP).

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

I got the impression more that The New War update is going to be about a more permanent sentient invasion presence in OUR system, and that we will take the fight to them in a later update. We will see though. 

That is the strange part for me, because the orphix event is an deflected attack wave.... how does this work if they are always present?
Based on this i thought we would go to the Tau System and this i thought "oh, right... if we go there there has to be a base... and that would be those aliens"

But it really seems that i messed up the Entrati art with the Orphix event and linked it with "the new war will play in the Tau System". But hey.... it's been a long time ago and this is why i'm asking. It's not like you can remember the dev stream with the art to link it, because DE "takes their time".

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I would be surprised if we are ready for the Tau System yet, I am not even sure Duviri Paradox is going to get us there, but I could end up being wrong. 

Just saying, it makes sense story-wise and everything. Scarlet Spear was their first attempt at a permanent presence, but it failed, then Orphix Venom was mostly beat back, but they have a decent foothold in the Proxima regions now, and that is enough forward bases to bring forward their real presence in the system. 

I think we will be taking the fight to them later, at least in any comprehensive way. I could see us sneaking into a base in the Tau System real quick for an assassination as part of the story, but I don't think the whole new map is coming yet. I would be pleasantly surprised by such a meaty update though. 

That makes sense. I think what you've outlined is the most likely scenario.

It might be an open world... I’m kinda done with them but we at lest know it’s a new faction.

Honestly though they need to make us able to really effect an instance of an open world play through. It just feels like a bad part of Skyrim. Walking around the map after you have done everything.

I pitched a time loop of events idea the open world could have, but would be a lot of work to put in.

After watching this trailer here i noticed some things
1) A space battle with corpus and grineer ships that seem to fight against the sentients together (makes sense when we think about the gameplay, because they are both effected by the attack
2) There are new zones, one of them with a sentient ship over a open world with a waterfall. In theory this could be earth. but PoE doesnt have waterfalls or should i say... it doesnt have an area that looks like what we see in the trailer at 0:27 , but yea, maybe it's earth

At 0:28 we can see a new designed tileset that i've never seen before and cant link to anything. The the left part looks like grineer, but the glowing center and the right part is totally new to me. But also Erra speaks about "summon your devil" meaning that they want to build portals to bring hunhow to us?

Over all i just dont understand how the new, blue aliens with the would play a role here, because on the art we can see a guy that looks like he wears a Dax armor. Where would a Dax army come from in our universe? Based on that it sould be another universe.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

TBH with the size of the game, hundreds of streams, hundreds of showcases.. I'm not surprised. 

Just the ghoul saw, for example, was teased AGES ago.. and just released as something new.

So yh, this all can get very confusing :D 

Yeah I cannot blame the OP for being incredibly confused with all the stuff they've shown over the years.

Some of it will never see the light of day, and some may suddenly appear as if out of nowhere when we thought it was abandoned. 

Remember when they were going to make a Lunaro melee weapon? And then something about it kept getting stuck in the level geometry or something... I think it may have been permanently shelved, but in the past with devstream they used to tease so many things that will never see the light of day, they were too early in concept. I don't think they have been doing that so much anymore. 

3 hours ago, BDMblue said:

It might be an open world... I’m kinda done with them but we at lest know it’s a new faction.

Honestly though they need to make us able to really effect an instance of an open world play through. It just feels like a bad part of Skyrim. Walking around the map after you have done everything.

I pitched a time loop of events idea the open world could have, but would be a lot of work to put in.

So the economy of your design was awful and design should be left to designers? Wow unexpected

21 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Some of it will never see the light of day, and some may suddenly appear as if out of nowhere when we thought it was abandoned. 

This was officially confirmed in DevStream #152. They mentioned it at about the 20 minute mark when Rebecca asked about some Rathuum bosses I've never seen before.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/929319095?t=00h19m48s

I also made a 60 second clip, if you prefer that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelySincereSamosaBloodTrail-gzWiTMjK3IDFpUDx

13 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

This was officially confirmed in DevStream #152. They mentioned it at about the 20 minute mark when Rebecca asked about some Rathuum bosses I've never seen before.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/929319095?t=00h19m48s

I also made a 60 second clip, if you prefer that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelySincereSamosaBloodTrail-gzWiTMjK3IDFpUDx

Sorry this is a stupid question, lol it's been a ridiculous day at work and I'm only half functioning.

Are they referring to the Ghoul Saw here? Reb is giving them a question, but it's like they can read something I can't see, unless I'm mishearing. Idk like I said I'm a bit fried right now. I assume it was Ghoul Saw?

One thing I am curious about is whether the Arcata (the Lunaro melee weapon) was ever officially permanently shelved from the devs mouths, or if they just indefinitely shelved it due to glitches. According to wiki last time Arcata was brought up as a potential melee weapon was devstream 78. 

On 2021-09-17 at 11:31 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Sorry this is a stupid question, lol it's been a ridiculous day at work and I'm only half functioning.

No worries!

On 2021-09-17 at 11:31 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Are they referring to the Ghoul Saw here? Reb is giving them a question, but it's like they can read something I can't see, unless I'm mishearing. Idk like I said I'm a bit fried right now. 

No. They are refering to two grineer bosses that were never added to the game. *Thanks to Corvid for verifying!*

On 2021-09-19 at 4:46 AM, Corvid said:

They're the rework of Sprag and Venkra Tel, the minibosses you fight in Void/Derelict Sabotage missions, in case you were wondering.

5neahr.jpg

They do discuss the Ghoul Saw later in the stream at about the 46 minute point.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/929319095?t=00h45m58s

Archived