Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea of synergies for Yareli

--BIG--Doug-Desu

From the first moment I saw Yareli I thought it would be a very fun warframe to play with several mechanics and "jokes" to make, but when I finally finished crafting I saw how frustrating the gameplay is and I believe many had the same impression, many warframes can do what she does and better, even an Excalibur can have a full-scale CC and do tons of damage. After this outburst I come here to show my ideas for changes at Yareli that I believe would make the warframe with a much more fluid gameplay.

1- Sea Snares: It's a good first skill, does good scalable damage and reasonable crowd control, but can be easily replaced by a Vauban sucking the entire map or a Bramma destroying everything.

2- Merulina: I particularly hate this skill, the controls are very strange and forcing you to play only the secondary is terrible. First, instead of being so tall, it could be close to the ground, as if the character was surfing a small wave, secondly, taking advantage of the water (ice) theme of the character Merulina could have an aura or shoot projectiles while walking like this, having a better Controlling the surrounding map makes a lot more sense than just getting random damage reduction with a tiny HP that only works on low-level missions.

3- Aqua Blades: this is where the fun starts, i think aqua blade doesn't make any sense in the character kit, she's fragile, you don't want to be around enemies. A synergy that I find very interesting to add here is, whenever aqua blades pass close to an enemy it leaves one of the blades in the bubble thus increasing the dps and avoiding having to be so close and exposed. Along with Merulina you can apply multiple blades to different enemies!

4- Riptide: And that's Yareli's ability that should make her shine, but at the moment it just looks like an inverted raindrop in the middle of the map. Instead of causing an explosion (with mediocre damage), riptide stays on the map for a few seconds, during this time it attracts all the bubbles that have enemies (along with the blades) and then after the time runs out it explodes causing exactly as described in skill says, increasing damage to each trapped enemy.

I would appreciate if you can give feedback so that maybe in some distant dream someone from DE will read this, as I see a lot of very good ideas here and it seems they just ignore this forum. And sorry for the english, thank you google.

I think that Yareli is a fun warframe, and is currently my favorite warframe in terms of design. Sadly, no matter how much I love Yareli, I have to say that she is currently horribly designed in gameplay. She IS fun, but it does not really equate to being a good warframe, especially when there are other warframes that can do better stuff and bring benefits to other players better in a squad.

My take on her skills:

Sea Snares - I think its a really solid cc skill, its not as powerful as other cc skills but it can do its intended job very well when it actually hits an enemy (referring to its collision to environmental objects). When things get too much that Merulina can't protect Yareli anymore, I use this skill to get a breather from the damage.

Merulina - I like the idea, but this was executed VERY poorly. Merulina is a literal k-drive copy-paste into Yareli's ability set and just slapped a 75% dmg reduction on it. I haven't touched K-drives that much but I know there are mods for K-drives to equip, so why the heck does Merulina not have that freedom of customization? Merulina also uses the very same movement mechanics as K-drive, making Merulina REALLY hard to use in smaller map tile sets, which just strongly shows Merulina is indeed a K-drive launcher copy-pasted in her 2nd skill slot, although immunity to status effects while on Merulina is really nice.

Aquablades - I love this skill, this is Yareli's main damage skill (I'm sad that damage from this skill is not counted as Yareli's dmg when on Merulina). I love zipping through enemy hordes on Merulina and just slashing them along the way, leaving them there to bleed to death lol.

Riptide - Pretty solid cc, decent dmg when there are a lot of enemies sucked into the bubble burst. Although, for an ultimate ability, I expected a lot more utility other than cc.

We've had 2 Yareli buffs so far, and yet she still seems very mediocre compared to other warframes. People who invest in her (me included) can make her really powerful, but what I think most people don't like is that her kit is just plainly under baked and that she doesn't bring that much to the table in a squad other than cc. I think the best approach to reworking Yareli into a better frame is to:

1. Rework Merulina - she is definitely interesting, and I really don't like the idea of it being removed as she is basically the progenitor of K-Drivers. Improving the movement while on Merulina will drastically improve her gameplay, like for me, I want a lot of improvements on Yareli but I can wait long while for other improvements if it means Merulina movement rework will be implemented sooner. Moddable Merulina, Increased dmg reduction (either by stat change or via mods), and interactivity with her skills is also a must, but Merulina movement rework plsssssssssssssssssssss.

2. Synergy between Skills - Her skills don't really interact with one another, I mean sure Sea Snares can help Yareli clump up more enemies in Riptide, but I can just pop Riptide in the middle of a cluster and achieve the same intended results. Like, I imagine Yareli being able to drag enemies ensnared by Sea Snares while on Merulina, or Aquablades hitting enemies affected by Sea Snares deal bigger slash damage, are some pretty good synergies. I also thought that Yareli's water abilities being able to absorb singular elemental status procs and combine with the inherent cold status of Yareli's abilities would be really cool to see. This would be essentially 100% status chance, and maybe add in a little bit higher dmg multiplier as compared to combining status procs mods in weapons. That sounded broken but that seems really fun to play with so I'm just gonna leave it there.

3. Rework Passive (Only if movement in Merulina is reworked and actually comfortable to play in smaller maps) - Make her crit chance passive multiplier not affect secondary guns only, make her passive work only if she is moving while on Merulina. This is my way of saying "Please let us use primary weapons while on Merulina" lol.

This is all I have for now, and I hope as well DE will find this feedback on her and see it as useful suggestions. I really love Yareli and would really like for her bad reputation as a bad warframe to end.

Archived