Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you have any interest in actually playing Warframe mobile?

Tesseract7777

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Only for doing time-sensitive tasks like visiting Baro or something when I'm away from my powerful PC...

Really says a lot about Warframe. I hear they also have a mobile app for managing for foundry... speaks volumes about how terrible the foundry is. It's so terrible, an app to manage it is a QoL improvement.

its not just for foundry lol its a companion app 

For me?  No.  God no.  If I have to sit and wait somewhere and have nothing to do but screw around on my phone and every other app is absolutely bone dry on anything even remotely interesting I can see me sitting in my dojo and trading on mobile.  That's about it.  I would never attempt to play the actual game on mobile.

But two things:

One:  Money.  Someone in or over DE is making things worse because of greed. Layered RNG with multiple failure points. Worsening drop rates.  Grind with more steps to stretch it out even further.  Time between actual content drops that aren't just the exact same missions with a new reward is getting longer.  Actually NEW content feels like it's getting shorter.  All that to say this:  If they think it will pull in more money or better engagement numbers they're going to do it no matter how pointless it seems to their core base.  We're going to see more crap like this in the future because it is entirely about money for them at this point.

Two:  Complete and total disconnect with some of the devs.  Playing warframe like we play it?  No.  A mobile phone isn't going to do that.  My old xbox is barely running the game at this point, I'm getting actual graphical loss frequently now and it's not happening with other games that weren't patched to be on next gen consoles.  Blasting through missions at high speed, spamming abilities and weapons with insane particle effects, needing to load in and out quickly and repeatedly while you fight the garbage drop rates.  No.  But there are devs that very firmly believe they didn't make that game.  They genuinely believe they made a slow, methodical cover based stealth shooter where abilities are sparingly used trump cards.  I know this because I've seen some of them play this game on streams and that is exactly how they play it.  It's also a good bit how Warframe was at its initial release and how Dark Sector was.  That's the game some of these devs think they're putting on mobile.  That game would be playable to a certain degree on mobile.  The insanely fast paced game we have now though?  Not a chance.  Not the way it gets played by most of us.  Imagine doing the 90 second capture challenge on mobile.  It's super easy on console/PC.  From every other game I've played on mobile this would be a nightmare.

15 minutes ago, BonkEyePrime said:

its not just for foundry lol its a companion app 

It's a companion app that won't let you log into it while in the game and has almost zero utility outside the foundry and I guess doing extractors (totally a big deal.  /s) considering everything else outside of like checking your inventory for no reason is more easily accessible through literally any web browser.  I logged into it just to make sure there's not something I missed about the app, just for this comment.

News is more easily accessible through web browsers.  I don't need to know what any of the activities are unless I'm playing and then I can't log in to the app anyway.  This was sort of useful back when we had alerts but we really don't anymore.  What fissures are up, world cycles, etc all useful if you're in the game but you can't log in to the app while you're in the game.  

If you could use the app while playing it would be great.  It's almost entirely pointless though outside of the foundry.

I've already played Warframe using my phone, so it wouldn't be new to me. It's really only useful to me when I'm not home for extended periods and my phone is my only non-desktop device.

Realistically, having Warframe on mobile devices is more so for other regions where mobile games are far more popular than PC/Console compared to Western countries.

I don't think its about how many people will switch, i think its more about how many people play mobile games due to money constraints, convenience, etc. The market for mobile games right now is crazy large, it doesn't matter if nobody even uses the mobile, with how many people that do play mobile games DE is gonna see an increase regardless.

Probably not the actual missions ,

Maybe trades and stuff if it mirrors my main account.

And In the rare ocassion that I cannot log in for an event I may use it,

not sure how effective the controls will be and what can actually be ported over though.

I use a keyboard and mouse and I am bewildered how console players manage to play the game with so few buttons. Mobile (with touchscreen) will only be worse.

I personally couldn't think of anything worse. Even the crappy chess game on my phone drains the battery like there's no tomorrow, how much more would a full on shooter? Then there's the controls... <shudder>

My gut feeling is that this is a push from the new owners of DE to make more money out of their IP. Unfortunately, I can see this changing Warframe from Free-to-Play to Pay-To-Win, and that's the last thing I want to see. Those development resources would put to better use fixing the bugs and making QoL changes in the existing game.

Sure, mobile may be an untapped market, but at what cost?

6 minutes ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

I personally couldn't think of anything worse. Even the crappy chess game on my phone drains the battery like there's no tomorrow, how much more would a full on shooter? Then there's the controls... <shudder>

My gut feeling is that this is a push from the new owners of DE to make more money out of their IP. Unfortunately, I can see this changing Warframe from Free-to-Play to Pay-To-Win, and that's the last thing I want to see. Those development resources would put to better use fixing the bugs and making QoL changes in the existing game.

Sure, mobile may be an untapped market, but at what cost?

Warframe is not a competitive game so it can’t be really changed to pay to win.However we might see more time gating,RNG layers and a mixture of those ( invigorations are a good example) to make you pay or grind Harrow/Nidus levels of rng.

I’d rather have an updated companion app to have more access to basic functions like riven reroll,access to shop etc.

Meanwhile i’ll wait for the mobile version to drop just to see the trolls blinding mobile users with Vauban or Mirage.

Duviri paradox will be available on samsung fridge😂

We're supposed to be looking forward to technology that we mere mortals can't even comprehend yet. Maybe WF boffins know of something about mobile technology on the horizon we don't?

One day, we might be able to activate an entire Star Trek holosuite built into a fingernail. 3000 years away, but worth hoping for (if we're still alive).

Until then, if something becomes available and affordable enough to play Warframe to a decent competency than is currently available, let's do it and see how it goes!

Most people who are "worried" about performance totally forget that warframe runs on switch.

Many smartphones right now can wipe the floor with switch.

But from what i understand this might be influenced by some regional circumstances. People on the west don't generally use their phones for anything other than texting or calling, probably light gaming or time-wasting apps at best. While people from the east... Let's say we generally carry our PCs in our pockets.

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Probably not the actual missions ,

Maybe trades and stuff if it mirrors my main account.

And In the rare ocassion that I cannot log in for an event I may use it,

not sure how effective the controls will be and what can actually be ported over though.

I use a keyboard and mouse and I am bewildered how console players manage to play the game with so few buttons. Mobile (with touchscreen) will only be worse.

I could see myself using mobile to do some trades while I'm away from home. Good idea. 

Genuinely looking forward to playing warframe on mobile as it would better help me maintain a healthier and more active lifestyle while also keeping in touch with content I enjoy. Would be handy during train commutes, while on a trip, while cooking up a soup at a campsite lol. I no longer have the patience to spend hour(s) sitting at PC. Feels like my body is going to fossilize and I'm only in my mid 20s.

We'll see. When I'm at uni I'm away from my pc, so it'd be nice to keep the grind going. 

However, I don't expect my phone to be able to run it, nor do I expect its complex controls to be usable, let alone comfortable for any serious playing. 

So, I might give it a go but my hopes ain't high. 

Archived