Do you have any interest in actually playing Warframe mobile?

Tesseract7777

Nope and I honestly don't see Warframe fitting in my phone's storage even if I wanted to. I use my phone for calls and text messages so I chose a cheap one with very little storage and I have no data plan. My tablet might have enough space, but only if I deleted all other games, audio books etc. and I really don't see myself doing that either

• Like 1

On 2021-09-17 at 8:59 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I am just curious how others feel about this. I think it could have value for maintenance reasons, but I am interested in whether others have any real interest in actually playing a game with the kind of controls Warframe has on a smartphone? And if so, why and in what context? 

Since you're asking this question on the Warframe forums, the answers you're getting will be biased, because the people here already play Warframe on PC's or consoles.

If you're already playing Warframe and you like it, you are not the target demographic of the mobile version of Warframe.  The mobile version isn't worth the cost of development and maintenance unless it can bring in a whole bunch of new players.  Those players won't be on the forums right now, and hence won't be able to answer your question.

Hello everyone, 

I'm currently taking a break until cross save allow me to use my ps4 save as primary save on every platform. (Too many hours and cash on it lol)

That been said, I'm currently playing call of duty mobile and it does play well on my samsung galaxy note 20 ultra pro. I'm playing with a controller, still clunky since the game was build for mobile.

The pvp part of warframe I'm sure could play well, exploring earth for fishing could be doable. 

I would say a must would be to :

A. Reduce graphic for bigger pool of mobile, reduce impact on performance

b. Find a way for defense level 100 and heavy demanding play on performance to run smoother or cap them to a max level to prevent crash.

Warframe would be grade if it stay the game and use cross save and is a port on mobile. Since now phone are able to push great performance. Porting the game become a new market to exploit.

I would be happy if they port it on mobile to play casual and not big grindy defense/raid stuff.

I wonder if they have already figure out this challenge.

• Like 2

Honestly, unless this mobile push is targeting the Asian market, I honestly don't see this going anywhere crazy. Pretty sure the reason mobile is so big is because of games like Candy Crush (which can't be compared to Warframe at all) and the Asian mobile market.

• Like 1

Honestly I just hope they update or even overhaul the current UI when they roll out the build. Playing with the arsenal and inventory we have on mobile would be horrendous, (just look at how cluttered in game and the companion app UI is right now). 

Maintenance and companion app like functions are honestly what I am looking forward to the most.

• Like 1

In my opinion certain games good on mobile while others are not. Warframe in my opinion is not for mobile because too many buttons and functions and fast paced gameplay. They need streamline the whole control and combat to get an acceptable result. I am from South Europe (closely to east europe) but I think the mobile usage is here the similar, ocassionally playing games while travelling or just use internet, read ebook or read - maybe shot some photo. 

I prefer also the keyboard and mouse because that is what I learned to use the very first and I can get good results with it. Also more convenient because I can type with friends during or after missions. I am not against mobile and consoles but my favorite is the pc because of the conveniences. The only con is not mobile so I am restricted to be at home to do so. My main problem is I have less time to play the game.

• Like 3

On 2021-09-18 at 7:38 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Care to elaborate?

The host is on mobile on a train.  You get the gold drop from the relic.  The host goes into a tunnel.

The host is on mobile on reliable wifi.  You get the gold drop from a relic.  The host gets caught on their phone at work or school.

I've already had similar issues with hosts running on McDonald's wifi or being at work, literally on their xbox they brought with them and having an unexpected visit from their supervisor.  The amount of issues like that will almost certainly increase with the advent of crossplay plus mobile.  People will be playing places they absolutely shouldn't play and it will affect the whole team.

Cross play already has issues in many games.  Mobile already has issues with multiplayer for many games.  Putting them together in a game like this feels like a really bad idea to many people.  DE only sees dollar signs.

On 2021-09-19 at 3:43 AM, Ritens said:

Genuinely looking forward to playing warframe on mobile as it would better help me maintain a healthier and more active lifestyle while also keeping in touch with content I enjoy. Would be handy during train commutes, while on a trip, while cooking up a soup at a campsite lol. I no longer have the patience to spend hour(s) sitting at PC. Feels like my body is going to fossilize and I'm only in my mid 20s.

Cat Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

On 2021-09-19 at 1:43 AM, Ritens said:

Genuinely looking forward to playing warframe on mobile as it would better help me maintain a healthier and more active lifestyle while also keeping in touch with content I enjoy. Would be handy during train commutes, while on a trip, while cooking up a soup at a campsite lol. I no longer have the patience to spend hour(s) sitting at PC. Feels like my body is going to fossilize and I'm only in my mid 20s.

How does Warframe on mobile promote a healthier lifestyle? You're still going to require some kind of high speed internet tether and Warframe is not a "short spurts" kind of game that makes sense on a mobile device.

Much of Warframe's content requires more than 20 minutes per session. You certainly aren't going to be walking around playing Warframe like you would with Pokemon Go or something. 

If you are sedintary then get off the computer and go outside. Spoiler: The graphics are better than your PC.

• Like 1

I consider it just like how this game is on the consoles. I only found out about this game since i was looking for free games to download on the Nintendo. 

Then I switched to PC. 

So i can see that happening a lot when people see this free game on their phones. 

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

You're still going to require some kind of high speed internet tether

Not quite, Today my router took a dump and was down all day so I used my phone's hot spot to provide internet access to my computer and the game ran flawlessly.

Also there have been times where I used my hot spot to play warframe on the switch while riding passenger on long road trips and the game still ran perfectly.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Much of Warframe's content requires more than 20 minutes per session. You certainly aren't going to be walking around playing Warframe like you would with Pokemon Go or something.

I think the case for most of us will be to use Warframe mobile as a time killer, like if I'm waiting at a Doctor's office with 30 minutes to kill I might as well hop in a mission and crack some relics or do sorties.

Honestly even if I had a phone strong enough to download and play it, and the ability to hook up a mouse and keyboard to said phone (because I absolutely REFUSE to play with a controller or god forbid just the phone's touchscreen), WarFrame seems like a game where once you go into a mission you need to dedicate at least 30 minutes of freetime to it completely uninterrupted. Not a good on-the-go game at all, methinks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ENIAK_Prime said:

Honestly even if I had a phone strong enough to download and play it, and the ability to hook up a mouse and keyboard to said phone (because I absolutely REFUSE to play with a controller or god forbid just the phone's touchscreen), WarFrame seems like a game where once you go into a mission you need to dedicate at least 30 minutes of freetime to it completely uninterrupted. Not a good on-the-go game at all, methinks.

Depends on if a player’s gone in with an overtuned build; some missions can be whittled down to 5 minutes, which is what I’m thinking I’ll be doing if I give it a whirl on mobile (though I wouldn’t expect to do it often unless I wanted to real quick give RNG a shot)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Depends on if a player’s gone in with an overtuned build; some missions can be whittled down to 5 minutes, which is what I’m thinking I’ll be doing if I give it a whirl on mobile (though I wouldn’t expect to do it often unless I wanted to real quick give RNG a shot)

That's the thing, though. How many of WarFrame's millions(?)-strong playerbase do you think play at THAT level, where they have such an OP build that they're wiping out legions of enemies by pointing and clicking as they parkour around like hypersonic jets?

ESPECIALLY since mobile gaming is typically directed at the more casual audience. Seems like, at best, Warframe on the phone will be used for more upkeep purposes, like checking the forge and the markets, etc...

• Like 1

Just now, ENIAK_Prime said:

That's the thing, though. How many of WarFrame's millions(?)-strong playerbase do you think play at THAT level, where they have such an OP build that they're wiping out legions of enemies by pointing and clicking as they parkour around like hypersonic jets?

ESPECIALLY since mobile gaming is typically directed at the more casual audience. Seems like, at best, Warframe on the phone will be used for more upkeep purposes, like checking the forge and the markets, etc...

Beats me. Sometimes it feels like a lot based on videos and how players talk, but ultimately the majority have neither video nor a voice, so can’t say for sure.

That said there’ll definitely be some who I expect may find use in missions beyond Orbiter Upkeep; I mentioned earlier in this thread that I’d probably be facetanking everything, which isn’t standard fare for me, but I’m glad we can choose to do so if we have the options, because there’s no way I expect I’m going to be aiming well and dodging well on mobile 😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Beats me. Sometimes it feels like a lot based on videos and how players talk, but ultimately the majority have neither video nor a voice, so can’t say for sure.

That said there’ll definitely be some who I expect may find use in missions beyond Orbiter Upkeep; I mentioned earlier in this thread that I’d probably be facetanking everything, which isn’t standard fare for me, but I’m glad we can choose to do so if we have the options, because there’s no way I expect I’m going to be aiming well and dodging well on mobile 😋

Fer sure. I could spam quick or easy missions like survival nodes with my Vauban. All I do is set a trap in a good spot and let the free kills roll in. Pretty sure I could manage that even on a mobile device.

• Like 1