Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you have any interest in actually playing Warframe mobile?

Tesseract7777

24 minutes ago, TaricTheAncient said:

I already play Warframe on my Iphone and it works great can do everything exept eidolons.(To much effort for those) Its makes my work day so much better.

Heres me doing some Steel Path:

https://i.imgur.com/7BMz5ui.mp4

Soz for crap filming and it being sideways but multitasking is tuff.

Cooooooool, Warframe Mobile! It's crazy to think that what's shown is so vastly different to my normal experience, but it's the same game! (also, mobile phones have come a long ways from the flipphone I used to have and the tinny music that people would play through their speakers)

edit: I'm honestly surprised by how impressed I am to see it. Must be a combination of a variety of factors

2 hours ago, Harvenger76 said:

Not quite, Today my router took a dump and was down all day so I used my phone's hot spot to provide internet access to my computer and the game ran flawlessly.

Also there have been times where I used my hot spot to play warframe on the switch while riding passenger on long road trips and the game still ran perfectly.

I think the case for most of us will be to use Warframe mobile as a time killer, like if I'm waiting at a Doctor's office with 30 minutes to kill I might as well hop in a mission and crack some relics or do sorties.

Those are some solid points for sure.

On 2021-09-18 at 11:59 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

First, I want to be clear: I think it could have some uses. Basically, with a strong enough smartphone that can support it, you would theoretically be able to do maintenance things that you wouldn't be able to do with just the app (in fact for smartphones that support it it will basically make the app obsolete). 

But what about playing ACTUAL missions? Real WF. Core Warframe, on a mobile device, on a smartphone specifically? 

Do you have ANY interest at all in doing so? 

Or would you only imagine yourself using it to do things the app cannot do? 

I personally have tried to play Warframe on Switch, and while it is useable enough on a big screen while docked, it is quite frustrating (entirely in my personal opinion and experience) to try to play undocked on such a small screen. Then toss in the fact a smartphone will have an even smaller screen, and no special physical controls (and will probably rely on touchscreen unlike a switch), can you really imagine yourself actually doing any real missions on your mobile device? 

I am just curious how others feel about this. I think it could have value for maintenance reasons, but I am interested in whether others have any real interest in actually playing a game with the kind of controls Warframe has on a smartphone? And if so, why and in what context? 

You’re thinking about this as a person who already plays warframe on a platform. Mobile warframe isn’t for PC players, it isn’t for console players. Mobile warframe is for mobile players. The people it will attract won’t have to choose between “playing warframe on my bigger screen,” because for mobile gamers, that’s where they play games.

If you aren’t interested in a product, it clearly wasn’t meant for you.

4 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

I just hope we have options to opt out of public matches with mobile players with cross play.

Hosting on mobile is not going to go well.

Hosting would probs be done in a cloud server.

I do feel bad sometimes when i join matches with randoms that im playing like a bot due to a bit wonky controls but i try not to do missions that require alot of running and jumping so its usually ok.

Well I will be the odd one out the bunch. YES! Under certain conditions.

It works well on my Samsung Galaxy S7+ tablet and xbox controller. A perfect setup I can have on my desk and play or setup in my car for breaks or lunch.

If I was on a a train for a shorter distance I would like to use my controller + smartphone holder. 

If I can do these things then for sure I would. I am not having my fingers take up most of the screen space like Geforce Now is setup. Though my smartphone handheld kit works ok just not comfortable for my big hands.

My take is that my opinion, and anyone else's opinion in a similar situation, it doesn't matter. The mobile platform is likely intended to target new players rather than give existing players the opportunity to use weaker hardware with more cumbersome controls. Because of that, people like me probably can't give any meaningful feedback on what value warframe mobile could add.

On a tablet with a bluetooth keyboard and nouse when travelling, maybe. I am going to end up using it to hit log-in bonuses on vacation probably and little else. That said, asian markets are really turning to mobile gaming (I teach kids in Korea and they're all mobile gamers), so I fully accept that this isn't for me necessarily.

On 2021-09-21 at 10:15 PM, TaricTheAncient said:

I already play Warframe on my Iphone and it works great can do everything exept eidolons.(To much effort for those) Its makes my work day so much better.

Heres me doing some Steel Path:

https://i.imgur.com/7BMz5ui.mp4

Soz for crap filming and it being sideways but multitasking is tuff.

Yesss more Khora people.

On 2021-09-21 at 11:54 PM, Leqesai said:

Nerf Khora

I kept telling DE to replace Whipclaw's once-buggy LoS with a 100% damage falloff but they wanted to double down and work on improving the LoS instead. Oh well. Khora'd be a lot more fun with the right nerf.

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

I kept telling DE to replace Whipclaw's once-buggy LoS with a 100% damage falloff but they wanted to double down and work on improving the LoS instead. Oh well. Khora'd be a lot more fun with the right nerf.

That might be true. But I was trying to insinuate Khora is too good because you can use her on a phone :P

Sure, just for novelty, I don't think any of the existing audience will prefer it. But that's mostly irrelevant, smart phones are the largest user base, there are probably more viable smartphones than all consoles and gaming PCs combine. Will it be the best Warframe experience?, no, will it be the best mobile game option though?, that's the real question.

BDO launched a mobile version, and it's outstanding compared to most other mobile game options, players will spend hundreds of dollars on garbage to play on their smart devices, selling warframe to them is a no brainer.

Are you excited about the revenue and growth the game will gain with a new platform? Are you excited about your game staying online and growing. I knew you were. 

On 2021-09-21 at 11:24 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Tactical alerts, gift of the lotus alerts, etc.

Unless you want to count Dog Days, which I kind of don't lol, we haven't had a non-holiday tactical alert since 2019.  Gifts of the Lotus are so few and far between now they barely even matter, where they used to be a decent source for getting a reactor/catalyst.  I'm also like 90% sure there is no "etc" because other than the two aforementioned alert types we don't get squat under what DE has turned into.  And both of those types are usually up for a while, 24 hours at a minimum.  They're also on a schedule with notice well in advance, so it's hard to call the app useful for being able to notify you of alerts when this is what we have.

Absolutely not! It actually makes me very worried. I'm fine with a Mobile version but PLEASE DONT MAKE IT CROSSPLAY!

The moment it becomes crossplay it will limit a lot of possibilities for Warframe in the future because they will have to make sure all content will be able to work smoothly on both phone and on pc/console! It could potentially really harm what we as pc or console players will experience in the future. Potential content could be dumbed down on purpose in order to make it run smoothly on mobile, and to satisfy the 'I have 5 minutes to play during breaktime'-players. I'm very very much against crossplay with mobile and the moment this happens I personally will most likely abandon the game forever as it will definitely not impact our pc version for the better.

Also it very much imposes a risk of a serious door to microtransactions in the game. Which may seem like you personally will not care at the start, but down the road have harmed many games. You could say Warframe already has a fair share of microtransactions and buyable buffs, but none of these really impact you as a player, the buffs are buyable by paying with your playtime and trading, and the others for real money are purely cosmetic. Mobile microtransactions however are usually INSTANT progression. Imagine new people immediately buying a fully ranked Blind Rage from the shop, or a 'boost' a frame to 30 immediately with a special 'Forma + Max Rank' bundle 'Only available for the next 2 hours!'.

I'm not saying this will happen, but it is a serious 'COULD happen'.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I kinda gave up on warframe for a year now because new content is very short story wise and I'm not really interted in new frames and weapons anymore and my favorites are powercrept to hell already. If crossave works, I'm gonna get on phone and just play with my favorites when I get the urge instead of commiting my life to the grind on PC.

Well, I'm personally actually looking forward to that, my laptop isn't the best but I've got a decent phone lately and it's probably pretty much the only way to play the game for me since it's the way too laggy on my laptop even with the lowest graphical settings. Plus if mobile version will also support unofficial controllers, it's the huge plus.

On 2021-09-18 at 12:59 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

First, I want to be clear: I think it could have some uses. Basically, with a strong enough smartphone that can support it, you would theoretically be able to do maintenance things that you wouldn't be able to do with just the app (in fact for smartphones that support it it will basically make the app obsolete). 

But what about playing ACTUAL missions? Real WF. Core Warframe, on a mobile device, on a smartphone specifically? 

Do you have ANY interest at all in doing so? 

Or would you only imagine yourself using it to do things the app cannot do? 

I personally have tried to play Warframe on Switch, and while it is useable enough on a big screen while docked, it is quite frustrating (entirely in my personal opinion and experience) to try to play undocked on such a small screen. Then toss in the fact a smartphone will have an even smaller screen, and no special physical controls (and will probably rely on touchscreen unlike a switch), can you really imagine yourself actually doing any real missions on your mobile device? 

I am just curious how others feel about this. I think it could have value for maintenance reasons, but I am interested in whether others have any real interest in actually playing a game with the kind of controls Warframe has on a smartphone? And if so, why and in what context? Unless it 

I don't think I'll ever get used to play it on mobile. When I sold my PS4 to buy my PC it took a really long time to get used to the keyboard. Imagine playing in this little screen with this little buttons…

Archived