Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you have any interest in actually playing Warframe mobile?

Tesseract7777

10 hours ago, EaEnkiNoEnlil said:

I don't think I'll ever get used to play it on mobile. When I sold my PS4 to buy my PC it took a really long time to get used to the keyboard. Imagine playing in this little screen with this little buttons…

The mobile version isn’t trying to win over people who already play warframe, the mobile version is for people who were never going to play to warframe otherwise.

If you aren’t interested in a product, it’s not some revolutionary thing that makes you different. It’s normal 🤷 

Basic daily maintainence. A few leech missions. Sortie carrys. Eh... I can find use for it. Will I devote an hours or two on it? Hell NO! I will however dump in 5 to 10 minutes at most? Of course. It's not a sit my ass, hunker down, get ready to waste some time type deal. It's more of a squeeze a few minutes while I wait thing.

Le 18/09/2021 à 05:59, Tesseract7777 a dit :

I personally have tried to play Warframe on Switch, and while it is useable enough on a big screen while docked, it is quite frustrating (entirely in my personal opinion and experience) to try to play undocked on such a small screen

I play on the Switch and I agree. No problem when on dock mode, but I'not able to read in game text boxes or even see pinpoints while on portable mode (undocked). Nevertheless, it's very nice to play where you want, when you want, and mobile will make it possible for almost everybody : play Warframe while traveling, as an exemple.

if they can find a way to downgrade and optimize WF mobile to the point where I can get MINIMUM 60fps and battery drain that isn't too excessive, yes. 

arduous task tbh, considering how big warframe is currently. the only game I can think of that is/will be as big as warframe in terms of content and file size, is Genshin Impact (once all seven regions have been released).

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

if they can find a way to downgrade and optimize WF mobile to the point where I can get MINIMUM 60fps and battery drain that isn't too excessive, yes. 

arduous task tbh, considering how big warframe is currently. the only game I can think of that is/will be as big as warframe in terms of content and file size, is Genshin Impact (once all seven regions have been released).

I play both WF and Genshin heavily, and only, on portable devices - Switch and iPhone. I can fairly say that Genshin runs extremely well on mobile because it is not a complex game.

In terms of interface in Genshin each character has 1 skill, 1 ult, movement, jump, attack (hold for charged attack), and only some aiming required for bow characters. Phones are perfectly capable to run that.

In WF however you need buttons/controls for 4 skills, crouch, slide, melee/fire, aim + aim glide, jump, probably a dedicate button for bullet jump (gliding + jumping while aiming & moving? You are out of fingers), weapon swap, toggling skill mode (like Wisp's Reservoir). Even you can hold a button to do alternative things the screen are already cramped with buttons, and don't forget other things like menus and chatboxes. Those interfaces can't be ported to mobile easily without some significant curtailing.   

On 2021-10-14 at 7:46 AM, (NSW)ArvinZupreme said:

I play both WF and Genshin heavily, and only, on portable devices - Switch and iPhone. I can fairly say that Genshin runs extremely well on mobile because it is not a complex game.

In terms of interface in Genshin each character has 1 skill, 1 ult, movement, jump, attack (hold for charged attack), and only some aiming required for bow characters. Phones are perfectly capable to run that.

In WF however you need buttons/controls for 4 skills, crouch, slide, melee/fire, aim + aim glide, jump, probably a dedicate button for bullet jump (gliding + jumping while aiming & moving? You are out of fingers), weapon swap, toggling skill mode (like Wisp's Reservoir). Even you can hold a button to do alternative things the screen are already cramped with buttons, and don't forget other things like menus and chatboxes. Those interfaces can't be ported to mobile easily without some significant curtailing.   

Yeah, I honestly don't see how they're gonna implement so many controls on one touchscreen without mismanaging clutter.

Unless what they mean when they say "wf is coming to mobile" is that it'll be cloud gaming (and you'll still need an external input device like an xbox controller).

People will play Warframe on Mobile.

Genshin Impact is a 20GB game with what I would expect from Warframe in terms of Mobile Performances. Despite PC having most advantages on paper, the largest populace in GI are mobile players.

Small Touch Screen? Just use a Controller.

Small view? You can just project it.

People have tried it. People have done it. It works.

Only two issues would be storage space and Battery Life. Playing on Mobile simply means you are in a state where you don't have access to something better. Nothing wrong with it, everyone's faced a time where they can't play on PC or Consoles. So you would only play for a few minutes before logging off and going back to your business,

People in this Forum are PC or console players and so by default many here cannot relate to mobile. So of course people would say its not likely they would play. It'll mostly bring in new players, and give existing players another way to login to the game

В 18.10.2021 в 16:56, Aadi880 сказал:

People will play Warframe on Mobile.

Genshin Impact is a 20GB game with what I would expect from Warframe in terms of Mobile Performances. Despite PC having most advantages on paper, the largest populace in GI are mobile players.

Small Touch Screen? Just use a Controller.

Small view? You can just project it.

People have tried it. People have done it. It works.

Only two issues would be storage space and Battery Life. Playing on Mobile simply means you are in a state where you don't have access to something better. Nothing wrong with it, everyone's faced a time where they can't play on PC or Consoles. So you would only play for a few minutes before logging off and going back to your business,

People in this Forum are PC or console players and so by default many here cannot relate to mobile. So of course people would say its not likely they would play. It'll mostly bring in new players, and give existing players another way to login to the game

I read a lot of opinions about playing on the phone and I am grateful to players like you who can understand the potential and possibilities of the game, not limited to the usual platform.  I wanted to say the same thing, but you got ahead of me.  I'm looking forward to playing on my phone and hoping to get into the beta test (if there is one).  Written through a translator and I hope that my words will be understood correctly

Archived