Marked for Death with melee finisher?

4thBro

The "Marked for Death" ability from the Helminth; does this work with finishers? Will it do my finisher damage in an aoe?

Is cast range, as well as the aoe damage, affected by Ability Range?

Is the 75% damage strength affected by Ability Strength?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Marked_For_Death

Yes, it works with finishers, but it happens slightly after the marked enemy dies, so you need for the enemies to be stunned/asleep if you want stealth damage multipliers.

Yes, both parts are affected by range.

Yes, with two caps; The percentage cannot exceed 150% of damage (achieved with 200% Ability Strength), and the AoE damage cannot exceed the targets current health at the time that they are attacked (not when they are tagged; this is important if the enemy has a DoT statuses on them, as they cannot trigger the mark but can reduce its effectiveness by lowering the target's health).

The mark procs off the next source of damage that isn't from an ally or companion. Both values scale with range. And the damage does scale but is capped at 150% of the damage that procced it.

Something to keep in mind though that dealing a lot of overkill damage does nothing for the ability. As the AOE portion is capped at the total value of the target's current health and shield values. So if you're going to use a build for it you must use it on heavy units otherwise it'll effectively deal no damage.

Thanks for the answers, guys! My thought is to use it on Ash with max range stat.

Due to the damage cap, I may have to kill off two enemies if there's no bulky enemy... Might be annoying, but might be a cool build even still.

13 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Thanks for the answers, guys! My thought is to use it on Ash with max range stat.

Due to the damage cap, I may have to kill off two enemies if there's no bulky enemy... Might be annoying, but might be a cool build even still.

If you want to use a good combo with ash the Savage Silence from banshee and Ash's bladestorm works well. So well it'll be useful in steel path.

• Like 1