Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the Plague Star!?

Zippidydoda

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Running fissures for forma bps and selling the random stuff you get for plat to rush those bps would be faster

True- but how fast do people really need to use forma? I've been doing fine crafting 1 a day. I still have a few nemesis weapons waiting for an extra few forma for mastery. That mastery isn't going anywhere, so I don't see the need to pump 5 forma into them right away. 

But-there's no right way to play. Some may find joy in having 100 forma saved up. Just don't complain about grind if it's self imposed. 

On 2021-09-18 at 11:16 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I need the forma for whenever I bite the bullet and farm out all those tedious nemesis weapons, but I can't take more than 2 or 3 back to back runs of listening to friggin konzu.

Yea I can do sub 8 minute runs with a good team, but it drains the energy and fun out of me doing the bounty. I really have to sit down and be like , “guess this session is gonna be a forma grind” and just march through the night without looking back.

Right now I'm doing a a couple of solo double runs per day while griding steel path in between. So pretty much zone to plains, pick up bounty, finish bounty, head back to bounty tent, pick up bounty, finish bounty, go to Cetus, then orbiter and hit up Steel Path. Then I repeat that as I feel like it during the day, then at the end of my last bounty for the day I go hit up Nakak for forma.

On 2021-09-20 at 7:39 AM, RichardKam said:

If you think about it, doing one plague star run takes about like 10+ mins and gives you 3050 standing = 1 forma.

At the same time, you can do 2-3 capture void fissure mission and probably get 1-2 prime parts and forma blue print.

If you don't mind about forma build time (I don't mind), plague star is not really that rewarding, not to mention tedious. 

After getting the ghoul saw, I brough my "for fun" frame and weapons like Valkyr Oberon pathocyte etc to spice things up a bit before giving up and doing at most 1 plague star run every few days. 

I can definitely see your point and I always have forma building in my Foundary, but I must admit the ease of 10 min+ vs 24 hours does have its appeal. I have been grinding the event (not 9 to 10 hours at a time) and made almost 300 forma. That is 10 months of forma and enough for maybe 100 to 60 frames and weapons, not a bad return. And I have a ton of Nidus and Strun relics to crack.

For me the calculus is very clear, but that is just my 2 cents.

Archived