Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The paracesis sheath

(XBOX)Zemus7

First of all I'm mean no offence or disrespect to DE I appreciate you time and effort

it a nice thought to add it to game thank you DE but it's pointless waste of 50k standing should be like 15k to 25k and for this reason that we can't even add the wepon to it as a decoration or be able to buy a fake model version to add it makes it absolutely pointless If I was makeing that decoration  id of made a animated design where the warframe or tenno operator sheaths the wepon into the sheath and for this reason a overpriced pointless 50k gold decoration that should be orokin themed not entrati should be reduced or redone and redesigned a kid with crayons could do better put some effort it in also doesn't even sit on walls correctly your welcome have a nice day all 

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

First of all I'm mean no offence or disrespect to DE I appreciate you time and effort

it a nice thought to add it to game thank you DE but it's pointless waste of 50k standing should be like 15k to 25k and for this reason that we can even add the wepon to it as a decoration or be able to buy a fake model version to add it makes it absolutely pointless If I was makeing that decoration I'd of made a animated design where the warframe or tenno operator sheaths the wepon into the sheath and this reason a overpriced pointless 50k gold decoration that should be orokin  themed not entrati should be reduced or redone and redesigned a kid with crayons could do better put some effort it in also doesn't even sit on walls correctly your welcome have a nice day all 

So you go to shop you see lets say t-shirt you like but it costs too much and you go to shop owner to tell him "hey this t-shirt is to expensive sell it to me for 1/5 of the initial price"?

I have no funny joke here im just trying to imagine how shop owner struggle to look at u as on serious person

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

we can't even add the wepon to it as a decoration or be able to buy a fake model version to add it makes it absolutely pointless If I was makeing that decoration  id of made a animated design where the warframe or tenno operator sheaths the wepon into the sheath

No no it actually makes a lot of sense.

Just look at it. It's impossible to insert Paracesis into the sheath, the curves won't allow it.

I like to think of the sheath decoration as a failure of its craftsman to properly think over its design. He crafted it, then realized his mistake and now it's just a decoration.

0oak03tly9s11.jpg

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

I have no funny joke here im just trying to imagine how shop owner struggle to look at u as on serious person

Its called "bargain" and all smart people do that.   To buy something you like at a cheaper price is an art.

I also would love actually working Sheath instead of decoration.....or, at least, ability to put my Paracesis in it.   Otherwise its just overpriced. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7:

it a nice thought to add it to game thank you DE but it's pointless waste of 50k standing should be like 15k to 25k and for this reason that we can't even add the wepon to it as a decoration or be able to buy a fake model version to add it makes it absolutely pointless If I was makeing that decoration  id of made a animated design where the warframe or tenno operator sheaths the wepon into the sheath and for this reason a overpriced pointless 50k gold decoration that should be orokin themed not entrati should be reduced or redone and redesigned a kid with crayons could do better put some effort it in also doesn't even sit on walls correctly your welcome have a nice day all 

'I mean no discrespect...' 'a kid with crayons could do better'... yeah, sure.

If you dislike the decoration so much and find it way to expensive, just don't buy it. You sound like someone who wants to commission an artist and when the price turns out to high they go 'well, your art isn't that good anyway!'

Sometimes I think posts like these are part of the reason why DE does not respond directly to criticism and feedback.

Also, the Entrati are Orokin. We don't know what design patterns serve what purpose in Orokin culture. While the Entrati introduced the circular patterns, they could have been used in other places for all we know. 

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Its called "bargain" and all smart people do that.   To buy something you like at a cheaper price is an art.

I also would love actually working Sheath instead of decoration.....or, at least, ability to put my Paracesis in it.   Otherwise its just overpriced. 

I wish you walk into apple store with camera and try to "bargain" with seller and use camera to record expression on faces of surrounding you ppl

i wish to see how would they look at smart person like you

DE has said that the sheathe was made during the initial design of the Paracesis, because the artist forgot that heavy blades don't use sheathes.  This is why it can't be used on the weapon.  But the team thought the sheathe was so cool that they wanted to put it in the game somehow, so they made it a decoration.

Anyway, if you don't like it or don't think it's worth the price, you have the option to not buy it.  But good luck on your attempt to neg the devs into lowering the price on this item - which "a kid with crayons could do better" - that you very clearly want.

5 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

walk into apple store with camera and try to "bargain" with seller and use camera to record expression

That is the dumb way to do it, yes.....But you completely missed the point.

Have you ever been to real market?   I mean...the free one.  Where people set their own prices.  Im talking about that kind of place. 

You see, Warframe is not some "Apple store".   Its free.   And we here are free to evaluate it.   As customers, we are free to ask for a price drop if we see it unfit.

It happened many times before.   Something costs too much resources, forum asks and DE drops the price.   We basically bargain. 

15 hours ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

i think you conveniently missed a minor difference between "absolutely pointless" and "missed opportunity".

if i have to come up with an "absolutely pointless" decoration, it would be an invisible decoration. you can have it, you can place it, but nobody can see it including yourself. by entirely missing the point of decorating the look of your ship, the decoration became "absolutely pointless".

the sheath however, it exist. you can place it, people can see it, it do decorates, and it's arguably not even the worst looking decoration in warframe. just because you have some suggestions to improve it, doesn't make the thing "absolutely pointless".

if you just curb your hyperbole, went with logical arguments which would be more respectful to the intelligence of the forum members in here, instead of went out with that childish rant insults about kid with crayons -that does nothing but hurt your own credibility, probably you could've garnered more supporters.
because the sheath does have janky positioning. the rotation axis are totally off. and for some unclear reasons it refuses to stick to many walls. at the very least i myself would've support a civilize, well constructed, and respectful thread.

this kind of hyperbole disrespectful threads is what makes DE stop coming to the forum.

42 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Have you ever been to real market?   I mean...the free one.  Where people set their own prices.  Im talking about that kind of place. 

You see, Warframe is not some "Apple store".   Its free.   And we here are free to evaluate it.   As customers, we are free to ask for a price drop if we see it unfit.

It happened many times before.   Something costs too much resources, forum asks and DE drops the price.   We basically bargain. 

I guess he's never heard of countries where the vast majority of the market is based on haggling and bargaining on the spot. 

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

Warframe is run as company same as apple stores are
There is no difference

And warframe is not a market not a free one
Trading between players is and yeah if its for plat then maybe we could argue but
1 not when its for standing
and
2 not when OP asks for 1/5 of the initial price

Its not about coming there with our money and ask for worthy product for our cash
Its about asking to play less and well devs want us to play more

If it were something you need o buy often then yeah i would agree
But not when its something you buy just once

14 hours ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

gold decoration that should be orokin themed not entrati 

But entrati are orokin 

14 hours ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

It's just an optional decoration not sure why you are getting worked up over it, cause it's 50k standing? It simaris rep and 50k so it should be easily obtainable in a day if you play it right. 

hace 15 horas, Xaero dijo:

Just look at it. It's impossible to insert Paracesis into the sheath, the curves won't allow it.

I like to think of the sheath decoration as a failure of its craftsman to properly think over its design. He crafted it, then realized his mistake and now it's just a decoration.

0oak03tly9s11.jpg

Maybe it open for the blade.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

pointless waste of 50k standing should be like 15k to 25k 

A: all the other cosmetic stuff simaris sells 50k standing.

B: simaris standing is not hard to get, I can hit my daily cap in 1 mission. 50k is just as worthless as 20k.

C: cosmetics that don't cost real money don't need to be cheap, that's warframes whole model, you can farm for cosmetics and decor but they won't be cheap.

On 2021-09-19 at 7:28 AM, Xaero said:

0oak03tly9s11.jpg

I see your point it is a very nice design and it dose make a nice decoration piece but I really think they could of done something better with it or its just me overtaking as I do aways and expecting more for something so simple 

On 2021-09-19 at 7:07 AM, ZeroX4 said:

So you go to shop you see lets say t-shirt you like but it costs too much and you go to shop owner to tell him "hey this t-shirt is to expensive sell it to me for 1/5 of the initial price"?

I see your point and to answer you question no I wouldn't haggle for a t-shirt a car probably depending on iterm and condition and value I just feel like that could of done better that's all with the decoration 

10 hours ago, Miser_able said:

A: all the other cosmetic stuff simaris sells 50k standing.

B: simaris standing is not hard to get, I can hit my daily cap in 1 mission. 50k is just as worthless as 20k.

C: cosmetics that don't cost real money don't need to be cheap, that's warframes whole model, you can farm for cosmetics and decor but they won't be cheap.

Very right indeed thank you for your comment

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

I see your point and to answer you question no I wouldn't haggle for a t-shirt a car probably depending on iterm and condition and value I just feel like that could of done better that's all with the decoration 

Ow trust me i would be 1st to ask for everything that we can buy for standing be cheap so we can shove us butts with it very quickly

But you see we are supposed to play game to earn our standing and then spend it and not to play for a moment to get enough standing to buy crap we want
Since populating this game is idea behind any activity for us to do for which we cant pay with plat
Then if its item we can buy multiple times in large quantity then yeah it should be cheap
Like lets say a mod which we can sell then yeah let it be cheap affordable and rewarding
But when is decoration which most of us will buy just once and some could care to buy idk like 5 times then there is no real reason to make it cheaper

On 2021-09-19 at 2:28 PM, Xaero said:

0oak03tly9s11.jpg

Sheathes for blades like this tend to still be form fitting, but it’s opening will continue from the top along a considerable portion of the side.

That way the head of the blade would be tucked in and secured, while still making it possible to draw and sheathe the blade.

20 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Sheathes for blades like this tend to still be form fitting, but it’s opening will continue from the top along a considerable portion of the side.

That way the head of the blade would be tucked in and secured, while still making it possible to draw and sheathe the blade.

The head of the blade is too large for the neck of the sheath

Archived