Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PRESERVATION is super insufferable with enemies trying to attack you

RedZeroInferno

When doing the Hunting/Preservation stuff, mostly for the purpose of Nightwave, it is INSUFFERABLE that the enemies that spawn nearby can in fact kill the Preservation target.

I Suggest, that when you have actively activated a preservation tracking sequence, that all enemies in the immediate vicinity "Turn off thinking" or perhaps de-spawn or whatever.

I have lost at minimum seven different preservation targets to stray corpus laserbolts or stupid grineer bullet fire and I'm sick of it.

What I thing DE should do is reduce the range enemies can engage us from and reduce the time required to lose aggro. I would make non-combat activities much less annoying.

When they spawn nearby it is fine, what is not fine is when they notice and shoot at you from 500+ meters.

This whole activity is dreadful anyway, wether the enemies are there or not. 

If they insist on us doing it, at least make it fun and less of a pain in the butt. The fact that nightwave also requires 6 DIFFERENT animals and all PERFECT captures is too much, it should be any animals at any grade so those who dont like doing it can at least get it done a little faster and then hopefully not see that task again that year... 

And yes Im aware of all the "tricks" to get perfects every time but that only makes this whole thing more silly. 

have to admit that it is super frustrating especially for newer players.

but it can be done.

just strategize more. look around, are there enemies? listen to the music, is it slow or upbeat? wait for a bit, don't just immediately call the dam thing. obviously don't call them near a thumper or a corpus base on lv5 alerts.
i collected ALL FLOOFS with vanilla rhino, no cheese. just playing smart. so it's 100% doable.

but on the other end of the spectrum, you can also bring a nuker, ember, saryn, equinox, etc with max range. or just bring mesa and do a 360 before you call.
you can also bring one of the invisiframe, loki, ivara. with some duration, these frames just straight up cheese conservation. like the mode mechanics doesn't even exist because you'll bypass most of it.
there's also the archwing hunting. if you're not specifically looking forward to do the conservation mode -and just need to capture some animals, there's a technique where you just fly around in aw and tranq bunch on animals really quick.

as i've said, i collected all floofs with no cheese. so i totally understand how frustrating it can be.
i once tried to catch a godam mouse, then a grineer patrol found me, called a ship, which then drops a whole army on me, then a friggin thumper suddenly landed right in the middle of everything, and while i thought things couldn't have gotten any worse, nora sings "HOOOOOLLLLLD UPPP!!!". true story, i couldn't even made that up.

but it doesn't have to be.
just stop doing the same thing over and over again hoping that it'll eventually work, and start trying out different strategies.
it's frustrating for many at first due to the unnatural mechanics, but once you got it, you'll laugh at it.

good luck, mate.

37 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Fishing on land in PoE currently unbearable, because 30 seconds in infested pods start dropping. You destroy one, another one drops 100 m away, and you get rushed again by swarm of pig noises. It's just retarded.

Ah yeah forgot about that, was trying to fish for NW the other day and a mile long row of infested just waiting to beat my a** beetween every catch. 

They should honestly make separate hunting and fishing areas with no enemies. Doesnt even make sense in the first place that you would do these activities in the middle of an enemy camp basically. Its just purely annoying being interrupted all the time. Clearing one group of enemies doesnt last very long either because those ships will just drop in more every 30sec lol even unprovoked.

1 hour ago, Hayrack said:

Fishing on land in PoE currently unbearable, because 30 seconds in infested pods start dropping. You destroy one, another one drops 100 m away, and you get rushed again by swarm of pig noises. It's just retarded.

1 hour ago, xombob89 said:

Ah yeah forgot about that, was trying to fish for NW the other day and a mile long row of infested just waiting to beat my a** beetween every catch. 

They should honestly make separate hunting and fishing areas with no enemies. Doesnt even make sense in the first place that you would do these activities in the middle of an enemy camp basically. Its just purely annoying being interrupted all the time. Clearing one group of enemies doesnt last very long either because those ships will just drop in more every 30sec lol even unprovoked.

cast a specter and fish in peace.

it's called videogame because you need to look into your tools and beat the circumstances.
if you want everything to go your way, it'll be called holiday.

8 hours ago, RedZeroInferno said:

When doing the Hunting/Preservation stuff, mostly for the purpose of Nightwave, it is INSUFFERABLE that the enemies that spawn nearby can in fact kill the Preservation target.

I Suggest, that when you have actively activated a preservation tracking sequence, that all enemies in the immediate vicinity "Turn off thinking" or perhaps de-spawn or whatever.

I have lost at minimum seven different preservation targets to stray corpus laserbolts or stupid grineer bullet fire and I'm sick of it.

cCkds.gif   

Follow   2EeLE.gif guidelines and you'll never have trouble ever again.   BgOA6.gif

8 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

You're a hunter. Before you place bait, it is your job to clear the area. Kill all nearby threats first, as quietly as possible, then place the lure. 

8 hours ago, trst said:

Or just kill those enemies first. If you really can't be bothered then just take a stealth frame.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

This isn't a flaw in the game systems, it's a flaw in your strategy.  Just kill the enemies in the area before luring the critter and you'll be perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

cast a specter and fish in peace.

it's called videogame because you need to look into your tools and beat the circumstances.
if you want everything to go your way, it'll be called holiday.

I've beaten circumstances by camping on rocks in the middle of the water where stupid AI can't find the path.

12 hours ago, RedZeroInferno said:

"Turn off thinking"

CgcNLc8.jpg"Crew, avail yourselves of up to, but no more than, 5 minutes laughter."

7 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Jee... it's almost as if the game expects you to find a solution to this problem thanks to the huge collection of tools at your disposal, instead of just complaining about it at the slightest sign of resistance.

Hey I paid for this game, I want it to play itself! Is that too much to ask for? Mandatory planning and interaction is unfair.   /s

I always skip it. The bounties for NW are always on Orb Vallis and you HAVE TO USE LURES. In the other 2 open worlds, you can at least catch a few animals without having to use lures. Lures are very clunky and annoying. Catching 6 DIFFERENT animals with lures is a pain.

There's enough missions that you can do to get to level 30. It's not hard at all, since NW usually lasts forever. I just passed 30 this morning.

Why are there so many victims on this game lol.

There are 45 frames because you're eventually supposed to have a few to pick and choose from.

No enemy in an open world is actually hard....you hit them one time and go back to what you're doing. 

Before you start something....maybe have a look around.....you can only you know.....void dash to the sky and back because the game gives you the freedom to...

5 hours ago, Hayrack said:

I've beaten circumstances by camping on rocks in the middle of the water where stupid AI can't find the path.

Good job.

As you can see from the last couple of replies here, complaining won't get anyone anywhere.

Bring equinox and cast maim see everything die around you as you fish, bring wukong and let his twin bodyguards you while you fish. there are infinite ways to fish peacefully in this game, complaining just makes people who does looks stupid.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Why are there so many victims on this game lol.

There are 45 frames because you're eventually supposed to have a few to pick and choose from.

No enemy in an open world is actually hard....you hit them one time and go back to what you're doing. 

Before you start something....maybe have a look around.....you can only you know.....void dash to the sky and back because the game gives you the freedom to...

The main problem here is these activities are utterly boring and annoying but DE forces us to do them time and again. They are like bad mobile games. So every little thing adds to that annoyance by tenfold. 

For example, Im hunting animals which I already hate to do, I kill off most enemies then out of nowhere a MOA jumps next to me, creates shockwave and I fall in the water losing energy and the animal gets alerted by it. Its super annoying when you are already annoyed to start with. Even with Equinox/Loki/Ivara it would sometimes fail for the stupidest reasons. 

Sure, nightwave can be skipped, but look at Deimos. Whole faction revolved around these stupid mini-games and they lessened them only after countless of complaints that ITS NOT FUN. Thats not really a part of the game you can just ignore, since its required to advance in a lot of other content. 

Just because you can take steps to make it slightly less annoying doesn't mean it cant be improved. 

Archived