Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PRESERVATION is super insufferable with enemies trying to attack you

RedZeroInferno

When I'm in the mood for preservation, I don't mind it. I enjoy the different pace. When I'm rushing last minute to catch up on old NW tasks, it's my worst enemy. Especially with the scat locations and how inconvenient they can be at times and the random patrols that happen to be right there next to the scat pile in the middle of nowhere. Coincidence, I think not. 

34 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

The main problem here is these activities are utterly boring and annoying but DE forces us to do them time and again. They are like bad mobile games. So every little thing adds to that annoyance by tenfold. 

For example, Im hunting animals which I already hate to do, I kill off most enemies then out of nowhere a MOA jumps next to me, creates shockwave and I fall in the water losing energy and the animal gets alerted by it. Its super annoying when you are already annoyed to start with. Even with Equinox/Loki/Ivara it would sometimes fail for the stupidest reasons. 

Sure, nightwave can be skipped, but look at Deimos. Whole faction revolved around these stupid mini-games and they lessened them only after countless of complaints that ITS NOT FUN. Thats not really a part of the game you can just ignore, since its required to advance in a lot of other content. 

Just because you can take steps to make it slightly less annoying doesn't mean it cant be improved. 

If you're playing the game under duress you need to find a way to break free and call the police. No one should be forcing you to play a game against your will. 

Maybe ask your captors if they can force you to play a game that doesn't have conservation.

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I kill off most enemies

that's where you failed. and you know it.

for best condition to capture animals, you need ALL enemies around you to die, not "most" enemies.
and there are tools that you can use to achieve it instead of just relying your eyes. i've mentioned these tools earlier.

=================

when daigo umehara perfectly parried all 15 of justin wong's chunli super in what's probably one -if not THE BEST MOMENT in all of gaming history: "evo moment 37", he commanded every muscle in his body to execute every commands accordingly to the mechanics of street fighter as a videogame.
he doesn't just do 14 parries and went "nah i don't feel like doing the last one" but still expect to get good results. he did all of them flawlessly as the game's mechanics demands. that is peak gaming. and it made daigo umehara a god among men.

sure, warframe have a lot of flaws. street fighter too, daigo complains about new mechanics all the time. but he never suck.
he didn't whine. he's always smarter than the bad mechanics, regardless if he believe that it can be improved.

and that what sets aside gamers from casuals.
casuals: this mechanic suck i won't play it.
gamers: this mechanic suck imma beat it so hard it won't be able to trouble me ever again.

Spoiler

evo moment 37 for people who doesn't know about it:
daigo is using ken, justin is chunli.
notice the "parry" mechanic in street fighter where you can completely dissipate damage, with the risk of taking all of the damage instead if you fail, in contrast to the safe "blocking" mechanic that's safer but will still chip off your health by a bit..
and listen to crowd's reaction as the moment starts. how they went through all 27 human emotions in 10 seconds.

still give me chills everytime i see it.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If you're playing the game under duress you need to find a way to break free and call the police. No one should be forcing you to play a game against your will. 

Maybe ask your captors if they can force you to play a game that doesn't have conservation.

Ah my favourite argument "dont play the game then". 

Im sure everyone here at the forums who complain about anything still like the game overall, that doesnt mean there can't be improvements to be made. 

6 hours ago, Soy77 said:

and that what sets aside gamers from casuals.
casuals: this mechanic suck i won't play it.
gamers: this mechanic suck imma beat it so hard it won't be able to trouble me ever again.

What? A game has a bad mechanic and if you complain about it you are a noob, but true "gamers" just put up with it? Weirdest logic Ive seen here yet. 

39 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Im sure everyone here at the forums who complain about anything still like the game overall, that doesnt mean there can't be improvements to be made. 

What? A game has a bad mechanic and if you complain about it you are a noob, but true "gamers" just put up with it? Weirdest logic Ive seen here yet. 

a good chef make good food even in bad kitchen situations. a good athlete wins even when against the odds. good employees put up and do their job. good parents raise their kids even when going gets though. that's how our world works, and i don't see why gamers need to be different. great people don't complain, they adapt.

since it's such a strange concept for your logic, now i wonder from what planet are you? some kind of a karen planet where complaining is considered as good and everybody just complains about everything?

28swgp.jpg

46 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Conservation can be buggy so it definitely has its problems. But your post in particular is complaining about stuff that's in your control lol. 

I didn't see any mention of the avichea bird problems or tracking poop having no prompt at all.

10 hours ago, xombob89 said:

The main problem here is these activities are utterly boring and annoying but DE forces us to do them time and again. They are like bad mobile games. So every little thing adds to that annoyance by tenfold. 

For example, Im hunting animals which I already hate to do, I kill off most enemies then out of nowhere a MOA jumps next to me, creates shockwave and I fall in the water losing energy and the animal gets alerted by it. Its super annoying when you are already annoyed to start with. Even with Equinox/Loki/Ivara it would sometimes fail for the stupidest reasons. 

Sure, nightwave can be skipped, but look at Deimos. Whole faction revolved around these stupid mini-games and they lessened them only after countless of complaints that ITS NOT FUN. Thats not really a part of the game you can just ignore, since its required to advance in a lot of other content. 

Just because you can take steps to make it slightly less annoying doesn't mean it cant be improved. 

Enjoyment is subjective and you're not ever forced to do conservation. You need a total of sixteen tags in the entire game which is six for Entrati rank ups and ten for the two Helminth Segments. Of those tags six can be gotten for free due to Infested downing randomly spawned Predasites while the other ten can be gotten in a total of four captures or purchased from Son.

Conservation can not be more optional. Anyone who hates it and does it anyways is doing it entirely of their own volition.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-09-19 at 4:26 PM, xombob89 said:

This whole activity is dreadful anyway, wether the enemies are there or not. 

If they insist on us doing it, at least make it fun and less of a pain in the butt. The fact that nightwave also requires 6 DIFFERENT animals and all PERFECT captures is too much, it should be any animals at any grade so those who dont like doing it can at least get it done a little faster and then hopefully not see that task again that year... 

And yes Im aware of all the "tricks" to get perfects every time but that only makes this whole thing more silly. 

THISTHISTHISTHIS

Even if I use all of the "tricks" to get perfect captures and even if I'm using a stealth frame.. it doesn't make it fun.. I hate that DE puts so much S#&$ behind unfun forced content, like the whole preservation thing is supposed to be optional isn't it? but like.. forcing us into it by making it nightwave or content blocked is kindy screwy especially when the content locked stuff isn't even related to the required task? like what?

1 hour ago, RedZeroInferno said:

THISTHISTHISTHIS

Even if I use all of the "tricks" to get perfect captures and even if I'm using a stealth frame.. it doesn't make it fun.. I hate that DE puts so much S#&$ behind unfun forced content, like the whole preservation thing is supposed to be optional isn't it? but like.. forcing us into it by making it nightwave or content blocked is kindy screwy especially when the content locked stuff isn't even related to the required task? like what?

If you hate it so much don't do it, you do not need it to get to the end of Nightwave I've been there for awhile now and skipping things left right and centre.

On 2021-09-20 at 6:35 PM, Soy77 said:

when daigo umehara perfectly parried all 15 of justin wong's chunli super in what's probably one -if not THE BEST MOMENT in all of gaming history

It's funny Hearing about this in a Warframe Forum of all Places 😲!!!

he commanded every muscle in his body to execute every commands accordingly to the mechanics of street fighter as a videogame.
he doesn't just do 14 parries and went "nah i don't feel like doing the last one" but still expect to get good results. he did all of them flawlessly as the game's mechanics demands. that is peak gaming. and it made daigo umehara a god among men

I think he might have Survived Getting hit by the final Attack of Chun-Li's Super.... It's not like he was in Magic Pixel Mode.... But I guess he thought to himself "I already Parried the first 14 Perfectly... I may aswell do the last one perfectly too.".... I like how he Jumped too so he could get the max damage Punish 🤣 !!!

sure, warframe have a lot of flaws. street fighter too, daigo complains about new mechanics all the time. but he never suck.
he didn't whine. he's always smarter than the bad mechanics, regardless if he believe that it can be improved

Yeah I feel differently about Daigo... That dude is an enigma and he gets extreme mileage out of that When he Streams.... I think what makes Daigo interesting is that he's perfectly fine letting people think what they want even if it maybe incorrect.... Remember when everyone thought he was going to Use Kage in Tournaments ? Yeah that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about....anybody who took him seriously only had themselves to blame... LoL... Daigo competing with Kage.... If only 🤣...

On 2021-09-21 at 1:49 AM, Soy77 said:

and i don't see why gamers need to be different. great people don't complain, they adapt

That's the last thing I want in a Video Game... For it to have the same Boring Logic as Real Life. 😐

I do plenty of Adapting in real life... It would be nice to be an Unstoppable God for a Change....

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

If you hate it so much don't do it, you do not need it to get to the end of Nightwave I've been there for awhile now and skipping things left right and centre.

But Nightwave doesn't just end at 30... It goes on and I actually had more use for the Prestige Rewards than I did for most of the Pre Rank 30 Rewards 😮

Meaning Completing Every Single Challenge is Mandatory 

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

But Nightwave doesn't just end at 30... It goes on and I actually had more use for the Prestige Rewards than I did for most of the Pre Rank 30 Rewards 😮

Meaning Completing Every Single Challenge is Mandatory 

If DE leave it at a capped level like the last nightwave then it's futile to get as high as you can with no extension to levels in sight, I lost a lot of mission creds because it didn't get extended last time, I wish DE knew what they are doing themselves, give us an end date and stick to it or let us know it will be extended so we have a goal.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

If DE leave it at a capped level like the last nightwave then it's futile to get as high as you can with no extension to levels in sight, I lost a lot of mission creds because it didn't get extended last time, I wish DE knew what they are doing themselves, give us an end date and stick to it or let us know it will be extended so we have a goal.

Wow really.... That Sucks....

Archived