Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframes are you happy to see / be paired with in a mission and why?

Grizzmoe

Is there ever a time where you hop into a mission and see that a random you've just joined is playing a Warframe that you are happy to see? Either because it's rare, a good support or just synergizes well with your Warframe?

Personally, whenever I play Protea it's a joy to be paired with a Hildryn so I can keep charging their shields and watch them go to town.

I enjoy seeing people use Baruuk. I also enjoy seeing people play lesser used frames like Hydroid, Nyx, Trinity and Hildryn. Honestly most of the time I don't really care who I am playing with or what they're using as long as they know what they're doing. 

Baruuk kind of stands out to me because when I see one I typically think, "Now here's a player with come class. They probably picked Baruuk because they like the finer things in life."

Same for Nyx players.

I like seeing Hydroid just because this person strikes me like a, "To hell with THE MAN, I'm gonna do my own thing and people are just going to have to deal with it."

Hildryn is just a joy to see because her CC is amazing and she is also wildly powerful.

9 minutes ago, Harvenger76 said:

Is there ever a time where you hop into a mission and see that a random you've just joined is playing a Warframe that you are happy to see?

Only when it is one of my friends that I hadn’t realised was on. But it doesn’t matter what frame they use. 

• I do like joining people that have a decent damage output, but their frame choice tends to be irrelevant.

In general, there is no particular frame I like to be paired with. Simply because the choice other people make doesn’t have much impact on the match. My stuff is typically set up for solo play, so there is no reliance on other people.

• Its not really a frame, but I do like seeing people using a mech. Doesn’t matter which. I don’t have a specific reason, I just like them.

That's a great question! Man, I've experienced a lot of good combos recently. Here goes:

If I'm Frost or Gara, I love to see Wisp or Protea on the squad. Usually, I'll set up a safe zone bubble or glass barrier that Wisp or Protea usually drops "recharge stations" at, making the area a really effective base station for survivals.

If I'm Ember or Umbra, I love to see Baruuk, Rhino or Gara. The strength or defense buffs allow me to go extra ham. Lol! A nice return favor is radial blind gives Rhino and Gara a very reliable way to activate Arcane Ultimatum.

A new combo I like is my Yureli with a Vauban or Zephyr on the squad. I really love the controlled chaos of traps deployed and Yureli is really good at setting up zones and corridors.

I'll have to think more on this but awesome topic! Thanks!!

I'd say I'm more concerned about the player themselves and how capable they are with their frame, than the actual frame itself. in my 6 years I've seen Hydroids and Nyxes carry the team, and Mesas and Saryns that were utterly hopeless and everything in between.

obviously not every PUG group can be competent, but IMO, you should pick a frame, then "git gud" with it, then once you're confident you've mastered it, repeat the process with another frame. 

2 hours ago, Harvenger76 said:

Is there ever a time where you hop into a mission and see that a random you've just joined is playing a Warframe that you are happy to see? Either because it's rare, a good support or just synergizes well with your Warframe?

Personally, whenever I play Protea it's a joy to be paired with a Hildryn so I can keep charging their shields and watch them go to town.

Please do excuse my language:

I truly love seeing a limbo (if they understand his kit) and if they don’t, I just type them a explanation and once they know then it opens over 50 synergy opportunities. When a limbo comes you will think: HELL YEAH, RIFT WALKER IN THE HOUSE and you just won’t die because he can save you anytime with a single button and basically create a black hole, freeze people and keep them in a alternative reality indefinitely. With Limbo, the only reason you’ll need a operator is if you accidently create a black hole over the mobile Defense objective before putting in the key and for arbitration drones.

I also love seeing a Harrow, because he makes you immortal. He also opens up synergy opportunities.

1. He tanks himself up, creating over 2500+ over shields, and chains enemies, freezing them.

2. Can heal thousands of health in a instant, and buffs himself.

3. Mass energy restore (limbo does that too but I’d say Harrow is one of the best energy restorers and healers).

4. Makes you immortal then gives you tons of critical chance.

I love these traits, because if you need anything just come to Harrow, then wreck.

Nekros: (who doesn’t)

1. Soul punch, not many uses, but good for staggering/knocking away a heavily armoured or heavily offensive target. At a lower energy cost than terrify.

2. Terrify. Mass crowd control and redirects enemies.

3. Desecrate. The best farming ability and will make him immortal. Desecrate = more resources, more energy orbs and more health orbs. Would synergise well with Lavos’s universal conversion ability.

4. Shadows of the dead (I love this one) Can cover you, Crowd control, distract, divert, do some really good damage making enemies easier to kill (really good when you have a squad of heavies), provide support, and with shield augment, can also protect you.

Hydroid: He can move the hemocyte towards an Eidolon so they fight, which I always have to watch. 

His abilities are cool but damn I love it when the whole map kinda died in Mot SP when a Hydroid Prime used tentacle swarm. He’s the next frame I’m going to get.

Sevagoth: (Do I have to mention this one)? 

Passive: HES IMMORTAL, SAVES YOU THE TIME OF RISKING YOUR NECK TO REVIVE HIM.

1. Reap, doesn’t do much but does some good damage combined with sow.

2. Sow. True damage, lifesteal. Works well with reap (Fun fact: you can spam reap multiple times to create more explosions while sow is active).

3. Gloom. Can heal the team in a instant. Slows enemies, insane range, op life steal.

4. Become a reaper.

2.1 Similar to nidus 2, pull enemies together and make them easier to kill,

2.2 Heal yourself so allies don’t have to waste abilities on keeping you alive.

2.3 Extend the duration that the shadow lasts (other affects but I forgot them).

2.4 Return to your regular form with restored health. 

Sevagoth has a large amount of abilities, making him really Versatile, he can be extremely independent, can heal you really insanely, and protec you (even when he’s dead because the shadow can interact during the tombstone passive). 

Chroma.

What frame is more versatile than this boi?

He can do all 4 elemental damage types, he’s a damn dragon and has so many ways to buff you up.

Lets see..

1. Can breath any of the four elemental damage types on you

2. (The best) can buff you with a large variety of buffs depending on the selected element.

Fire: Damaging AOE, increased health (forgot the other affects), etc.

Toxic: Reload Speed, Holster Speed, etc (forgot the other affects again, lol). 

Lightning: Increased shield capacity, damage multiplier, etc (OMG I FORGOT THE OTHER SFFECTS, BUT THESE SRE THE MAIN ONES).

Ice: Damage Multiplier, Increased Armor…. (WHAT WERE THE OTHER AFFECTS)

3. Vex armor. Shields = more damage (it’s op man.) Health = more armor.

4. Deploy a sentry that can blow enemies away and destroy them with elemental damage.

His 2 and 3 are extremely useful and incredible versatile. I thank god every time a chroma joins because he helps in every situation.

These are the frames that I love seeing when they join a match.

Harrow, Mag, Garuda, Trinity, Oberon.  Why?  I don't even know really.  It's some combination of not seeing those frames a ton, them not having any abilities that are too obnoxious, and having some support capabilities. 

And an idea that these are finesse frames, and maybe somebody playing them isn't just doing it because they they yield the best Grind Per Hour.

And I always love seeing Banshee...because Banshee. 💖

7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Baruuk kind of stands out to me because when I see one I typically think, "Now here's a player with come class. They probably picked Baruuk because they like the finer things

Me, a Baruuk player; Hur hur, Baruuk go smash.

Seriously though, he is fun to play, especially if you're good at maintaining his restraint so you can slam stuff forever. 

Back to the o.p: frames I like to see, usually depends on the mission and if they're a good fit or not. That said, a Hildryn is always welcome because free sheilds, oversheilds and her better sheild gate is shes' using her 3. Bonus points for a blazing pillage set up so everything is running around flailing on fire

2 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Grendel, its a rare treat to see the spicy meatball rolling around and being goofy

Same. And I generally do play as Grendel myself. When a Grendel-bro shows up, it's party-time! We generally roll together to extraction, smashing anything out of the way.

Gauss. Can never get tired of that Redline sound. That's one of the reason I play him myself. 

Also on specific situations: Nova on Hydron or other farming missions, Wisp, Khora, and Nekros on survival missions, Saryn, Ember, Mirage, Gara, etc when I'm leveling stuff up.

But generally I'm happy to see people play Gauss. He just looks so awesome whatever people do with him.

11 hours ago, Deshiel said:

any frame that feeds your xp by mass murdering everything. I'm a vet, flex aside it also means that my days of wanting to murderize every unit I see are long gone.

Ooph I feel you on that one, it's not every day I like a weapon enough to do it the old fashioned way lol

Any speed buff (movement, melee, fire rate, reload, enemy speed) frame is welcome. Actually just don't slow the progress and it's fine.

Edit: No, not you volt with low strength and high range spamming speed to override my high strength and low range speed.

I personally like to use my collection of frames and there is no real reason what I pick because I just pick whatever I want to use. As for others there is no real prefferences, mostly because the public matches usually silent and when I play with my friends or with clan mates. 

However nice to see rarely used frames like Trinity (not the prime one), Hydroid, Nyx, Banshee, Mag, Garuda, Gara, Xaku. There are others of course what pleasant to see in team and could make a good combination but most of the time everyone just doing their own jobs. 

Most of the time I do play with Mag, Saryn.

Archived