Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth naming and recommended abilities to swap

(PSN)N1ck0807

Question

22 answers to this question

just know that you can change the name anytime. 

my recommended abilities are every abilities. once you put an ability there, you can assign it to any frames infinitely, so they're good investments. you'll never know what abilities might synergize really well with what frame on future updates.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Limbo - replacing his 3 with Thermal Sunder, to gain nuking power while invincible.

NOOOOOO! 

Rift surge is sacred! It has brilliant uses and a true limbo player CANNOT survive without it.

I’ll give you names:

The Great Devourer of Gods

Tenno Eater

Tartarus

Infested Grendel

Get in my belly!

The Unfathomable Consumer

Nom nom boi

Bob.

Some of the more interesting Helminth replacements I've gone for would include ...

Banshee - replacing Silence with Pull (on a high Range 100% Sonic Fracture build),
yay yeet & yoink madness on one Frame, plus having Pull hit 5 digits damage at times thanks to Sonar is just neat.

Mesa - replacing Ballistic Battery (duh) with Spellbind, mostly for the Status immunity so Mesa gets that much more resilient
(and can use AoE goodness with reckless abandon, complementing her 4), but it's also fun to stack the visual on allies waiting at Extraction, heh.
Seeking Shuriken can also be quite nice, not least for the current Plague Star Event.

Ember / Protea - replacing her 1 / 4 respectively with Gloom, since that ability works very nicely with either Frame's passive.
Equinox similarly can replace her 1 and then fuel Gloom with Provoke (also Energy Conversion etc), to have mass CC on Day.

Xaku - replacing his 1 with Empower, to reach 100% defense removal on a high Range build
without needing to tank your Efficiency via Blind Rage.

Limbo - replacing his 3 with Thermal Sunder, to gain nuking power while invincible.

Volt - replacing his 1 with Thermal Sunder to make him The Avatar, Master Of Elements :D

Nova - replacing Wormhole with Mind Control (other good options would be e.g. Pillage or Dispensary),
your "standard" 300% Duration build is quite nice for MC, and on Speedva you even get to speed up your victim.

I named mine North Star, I think. Since my weapons are Capella, Denebola, Polaris, Pavonis, Aquarius, and then one I always forget, plus my Railjack being named First Impact. Just makes sense.

As for what abilities to unlock first, if you have a Sevagoth to chomp down on, Gloom is one of the best abilities you can get from subsuming currently, and works well on many frames. (I personally use it on my Revenant.)

Mine's named Kirby

Not all abilities are worth it imo, notable good ones are Valkyrs Warcry, rhinos roar, Nidus' larva, Nezhas firewalker, harrows... Thurible? (Energy restore ability), wisps breach surge, mesas shooting gallery, hildryns pillage, khoras ensnare, Proteas dispensary and sevagoths gloom.

Archived