Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich Weapons RNG is strange

CrimsonDarkLord

I was able to get all the Kuva weapons I wanted with cycling 10-20 Cassini rounds each.

Since my girlfriend hates grinding, she logged in to her own computer and I played on her behalf to try and get her the Kuva Bramma too while only expecting to spend no more than an hour on Cassini.

I’m not exaggerating when I say I ended up spending 3 hours on running Cassini (average 1.5 minutes per run). At that stage, it was no longer about getting Kuva Bramma but more to satisfy my obsession to disprove my disbelief that it just wouldn’t appear for me. I had cycled through EVERY Kuva weapon over 10 times each and still no Bramma.

Then after she was getting annoyed by me not going to bed, I turned on a different computer and said it would be my last 3 attempts.

On the second attempt there, it FINALLY popped up. First Kuva Bramma for her account with 55% Toxin.

I’m done with Lich weapons for a while.

7 minutes ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

I’m not exaggerating when I say I ended up spending 3 hours on running Cassini (average 1.5 minutes per run). At that stage, it was no longer about getting Kuva Bramma but more to satisfy my obsession to disprove my disbelief that it just wouldn’t appear for me. I had cycled through EVERY Kuva weapon over 10 times each and still no Bramma.

That's bad thing about this system. Every login (?) you are guaranteed to get 1 new kuva weapon. If you don't want all weapons then sometimes things like this could happen. I've run lot of Cassini as well.

14 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

It's not weird, it's just what rng is, random.

Just for fun, we actually did some mathematical calculations on the probability of me getting Kuva Bramma ONCE based on the drop table and number of 100+ runs I did.

During my 3-hour painful grind, the rate of me NOT getting the Bramma ONCE was about 0.02% so that means I had a 99.98% chance of getting it by the time I gave up. Talk about some bad luck there.

Then again, a 55% weapon bonus roll on the very first Kuva weapon is quite impressive.

il y a 27 minutes, CrimsonDarkLord a dit :

Just for fun, we actually did some mathematical calculations on the probability of me getting Kuva Bramma ONCE based on the drop table and number of 100+ runs I did.

During my 3-hour painful grind, the rate of me NOT getting the Bramma ONCE was about 0.02% so that means I had a 99.98% chance of getting it by the time I gave up. Talk about some bad luck there.

Then again, a 55% weapon bonus roll on the very first Kuva weapon is quite impressive.

The best way I found is just to give up. From my experience, the instant you stop actively hoping for that one drop, the instant you start thinking about something else, it'll fall into your arms. Works 100% of the time, sometimes.

Good luck with that tenno !

22 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Watch what you put in your posts
1 person who dont like you or which is bored enough to report you and both accs get nice juicy ban

I was thinking the exact same thing who starts off their post admitting to a terms of service violation.

Follow up thread would be "I have know idea why my account was banned"

6 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing who starts off their post admitting to a terms of service violation.

Follow up thread would be "I have know idea why my account was banned"

NO NO NO!!!!!!

It will be "is there any way to appeal for account ban?"

Yeah the randomness around lich drops is horrible. It took me over a year finish my Kuva Quartakk to the 60% buff. By the end of it, I was getting paranoid about what the drop system might be preventing me from rolling, based on the previous mechanics preventing things like back to back drops, and not knowing if the spawning node mattered, or the frame used for spawning twice in a row mattered.

Of course, by the time I was finished getting it to 60%, Kuva Quartakks spawning regularly as soon as I stopped needing them... Spawning back to back sometimes too, so that theory seems to be out the window.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Give us the token system already, DE

Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they finally updated liches after months (if not over a year?) and STILL we are stuck with this weird cassini circus. 

I just dont understand WHY its done like this instead of just giving us tokens to buy the weapon with, currently its just utter waste of time. Not fun, not challenging, just a mindless task. 

Go to cassini - > find larva - > wrong weapon - > abort - > repeat 30 times or more

6 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

I’m not exaggerating when I say I ended up spending 3 hours on running Cassini (average 1.5 minutes per run).

I know you're not exaggerating.... Because that's how long it took me to get my first Bramma.... 😝

6 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

No Surprise here... 

31 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

I just dont understand WHY its done like this instead of just giving us tokens to buy the weapon with, currently its just utter waste of time. Not fun, not challenging, just a mindless task. 

Ofcourse you understand.... The idea is to make Suffer enough to buy Platinum so you can Skip The Grind... 😝 This isn't news to you... 

46 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Ofcourse you understand.... The idea is to make Suffer enough to buy Platinum so you can Skip The Grind... 😝 This isn't news to you... 

You can't buy Lich weapons directly from DE, and DE very much does not value the player-run market (despite conspiracy theories from the Riven traders) so no, that can't be it

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Watch what you put in your posts
1 person who dont like you or which is bored enough to report you and both accs get nice juicy ban

Is it really that easy to get someone banned without any proper investigation?

Actually I should’ve clarified properly.

We live in the same house together and own a total of 3 computers - my personal one, her personal one and one in the Livingroom.

We only play our own accounts on our personal computers but both of us sometimes use the Livingroom one for an Xbox style experience.

By “playing on her account”, I actually meant she was logged in to her own personal computer as if she was playing normally, but I was just the one behind the keyboard.

Hope that clears things up.

19 minutes ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

Is it really that easy to get someone banned without any proper investigation?

Actually I should’ve clarified properly.

We live in the same house together and own a total of 3 computers - my personal one, her personal one and one in the Livingroom.

We only play our own accounts on our personal computers but both of us sometimes use the Livingroom one for an Xbox style experience.

By “playing on her account”, I actually meant she was logged in to her own personal computer as if she was playing normally, but I was just the one behind the keyboard.

Hope that clears things up.

Dont explain yourself to me im not gonna report you

Its more like imagine i call you idiot here and someone reports me and i get warning for insulting you or even i will get banned from forums
Even if we could prove we are brothers show our IDs to moderators and explain that we call each others "idiot" all the time instead of addressing ourselves with our names

It would still be terms of service or eula or whatever violation
And playing on someones account is still account sharing

What if you idk sell all her crap for credits and give away all her plat because you two get into a fight
And she comes to support explaining what happened and ask can they rollback all damage you have done

She would get instaban

Because thats why there is "NO ACCOUNT SHARING ALLOWED" so crap like that could not happen

But ehh now you know ;)

1. i strongly recommend to never brute farm anything in warframe.
just make a wishlist and do it couple of times a day. if it doesn't show up, just do the next thing on your list, and try it again tomorrow.
i survived some of the most brutal farms in warframe with the least battlescars.
we hear people devastated everyday because of ivara, trinity, nidus, khora, etc. i did all of them at the same time, 5 to 10 attempts per frame, it took a couple of days, but i got them all without the psychological trauma.

2. i'm starting to suspect that probability math is a lie.
those "number of guaranteed runs"? they're all lies. years ago my teacher told me that if i flip a coin, i will have a chance to get tail once in two attempts. but we all know that i can still get head 10 attempts in a row. right now i'm just an old man who believe that they're just empty numbers made to rationalize something that cannot be rationalized: luck.

Yep I can relate. Though I consider the Lich/Sister RNG normal/standard, and such results typical (even if outliers/bad or good luck). 

Took around 3 hours for me to get the Zarr when I wanted it, but I also got the Hek on the first go, when I went for it. I didn't really care about the Grattler, so picked it up after around 7 attempts to get the Zarr when it popped up instead. Brute forcing a specific individual Sister/Lich weapon never feels great when its the only goal you have, so is always nice to try and do something else at the same time, level up, practice a different Warframe, etc and if there is nothing in game you can do, then listen to a podcast. Thankfully right now Cassini is easy to run and to get a Candidate which somewhat balances out that there are so many Kuva weapons, VS Sister weapons reduced drop pool, but more time consuming process... 

Which is to say I am dreading when they eventually add more Sister weapons, because I will definitely want them, but really hope they introduce some sort of way to be more selective/get more choice. 

13 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

You can't buy Lich weapons directly from DE, and DE very much does not value the player-run market (despite conspiracy theories from the Riven traders) so no, that can't be it

You can buy Liches from Other Players and then  one way or another that platinum will eventually be spent in the market which removes it from the Economy....

21 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

I was able to get all the Kuva weapons I wanted with cycling 10-20 Cassini rounds each.

Since my girlfriend hates grinding, she logged in to her own computer and I played on her behalf to try and get her the Kuva Bramma too while only expecting to spend no more than an hour on Cassini.

Then after she was getting annoyed by me not going to bed, I turned on a different computer and said it would be my last 3 attempts.

On the second attempt there, it FINALLY popped up. First Kuva Bramma for her account with 55% Toxin.

Happened to me as well some months ago:

Archived