Coming Soon: Devstream #157!

Will the Galvanized Critical Mods'[1][2] Stacks be changed to tick-down like all the other Galvanized Mods and the Primary/Secondary Arcanes?

I really hope that this is an oversight or bug, and not a balance choice, because they're significantly harder to trigger than the others' Stacking Buffs, while also being the only ones whose non-scaling half is conditional and with their potential power increase being very weapon specific and also, debatably, the weakest of the bunch. There's seemingly always a better Mod choice, even in very Criticial and One-Shot oriented Weapons.

Edited by Petroklos
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, agodlypancake said:

Are those... dark bat wings in the background? Like the feathery angel wings we got during star days? 🤔

Eh, probably just promotional material for the poster. Photoshop is cool! ^^

I wouldn't toss the idea away so soon.

If the next Devstream involves Naberus 2021, we might see a Halloween/dark variant on the Angel wings to be thematic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)BdotRASS said:

As far a QoL goes, any chance of an option to delete hounds from the foundry and a 'hide vaulted' option for void relics?

It's just that both my (and I'm sure many others') foundry and relic screens have gotten monstrously out of hand.

This is already live on PC and should arive to PlayStation at some point.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, agodlypancake said:

Are those... dark bat wings in the background? Like the feathery angel wings we got during star days? 🤔

Eh, probably just promotional material for the poster. Photoshop is cool! ^^

Those are the real deal. Not photoshop.

gYCjhfX.png

• Like 2

I'm very excited now. The anticipation. Ooh. I always learn so much... - my boy, Tyl Regor

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

this Devstream will be focusing more on some general Quality of Life improvements and Q&A!

Anyway... I am curious about plans for any potential new ship Sumdali, since currently the only one ingame is the True Masters one, maybe we're getting a bat one from naberus?
Also if there is a chance we can get animation sets that aren't tied to any specific frame and are only obtainable from say, syndicates, quests, vendors, the market and such? Since they might be nice to have, like a 'sporty' animation set, for example.

Other than that... I have the very obvious question of: any ideas of when crossplay/crossave might be a thing?
I just wanna play with my friends on pc but can't, since my pc would probably explode if it tried to run warframe.

• Like 2

Nekros as poster boy... Devil wings... DoEs ThIs MeAn NeKrOs IS GeTtInG A rEwOrK?!?!?!?

Ok no. But as a Nekros enjoyer, this made my day.

I hope some QoL would imply nullies not completely turning off your toggle abilities. 

• Like 3

Great! Now for my question:

With the soon to be released crossplay and cross save, as well as the movile version of the game, are there any plans to revamp or re-organize the early game? There is a lot of stuff that the game doesn't tell you without asking. Not to mention, the game's story is very fractured, with many of the major plot points being reserved for Operations, wich for people that have not played them, would leave them confused; so are there any way that we can have those tid bits of story introduced in an playable- yet short way?

• Like 5

1. Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapons and maybe armor pieces and syandanas positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately? Examples:The Gazal, Hulta, Magor and Vatala and Tennocon 2018, 2019 and 2020 armor sets,Excalibur Onyx skin, Frost Emperor skin, Ember Vermillion skin.

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra.

6. Updates on Melee 3.0/rage mode and duel wielding for one handed melee weapons and one handed secondaries which was implemented for glaives and then seemingly abandoned.

7. Now that we are getting less devstreams, any chance we will get more time devoted to Q&A or an alternate source for it.

8. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators.An additional slot to separate forehead pieces from pieces that cover the mouth would be appreciated too.

9. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra/premium skin appearances on variants of the frames.Excalibur can not swap any of his sword skins, including his new premium one and primed frames with exalted weapons can't use their standard skin counterparts.

10. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps?

11. Are we ever going to get a focus dump? Once you max the schools there is nothing to do with accumulated focus.

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

13. Now that thrown weapons have a comfortable timed recall, are we ever going to get the Arcata added to PVE?

14. Can we get mod capacity removed while in the simulacrum so we can properly test builds before applying Forma?

15. Now that status immunity has been removed from Liches and Nechromecs, is there an ETA on removing it from other enemy types? Making enemies completely status immune removes a large chunk of the arsenal.

16. Any chance we can get our clan emblem as a glyph?

17. Can Nova Prime's Null Star be made colorable rather then just being gold balls? Also, Resonator is not taking on its prime form when applied to primed frames.

18. Any chance that we will get additional hotkeys on PC? Would be nice to be able to hotkey several orbiter functions like decorating or going to the foundry rather then going through menus.

19. Now that they have been nerfed can we get access to the acolyte mods on Exalted weapons?

20. You recently allowed us to buy up to three additional cosmetic and mod loadouts but it wasn't added to operators. When can we expect them to get that feature as well?

21. The prime trailers had interesting lore bits in them. Can we get their scripts added to the prime warframe's codex entries or even the videos. It would add flavor to their pretty bland text now and bring them in line with other frames that got entries like that like Excal, Rhino, Ember and Mag.

22. Kdrives are a cool toy to play around with for a bit but have no home in the actual game beyond temporary status immunity when eidelon hunting or if you really want to fall out of the Plains map. Are they going to ever get a look to increase their utility? Giving them defensive functions when you are not on them like AOE  buffs or barriers that appear at the location of dismount or even something as simple as being able to fish while on them would go a long way.

23. While we are at it, can we get custom keybinds for kdrives. Several of them are shared with standard keybinds.

24. There are a number of useless mods in the game right now. Things like Warm Coat are basically just clutter in the mod system and rarely get looked at unless they happen to be tied to some sort of major overhaul like the status changes. Is there any plans to do a wider overhaul of the mods that get no usage.Perhaps you could even provide a list of mods to the design council and have them come up with ideas for them, or open that up to the whole community a few mods at a time.

25. Can we get a "Silly Warframe" toggle that will hide holiday items like the new wings, candy cane scythes, easter egg ephemera, etc for players that don't want to see them. Would be a good opportunity to make those items permanent for those that like them too.

26. The heavy attack animation for Exalted Blade is pretty lackluster right now. Any chance it will get a look. At the very least it should get an energy wave like it standard attacks, ideally though it should generate a more impressive wave in terms of power and size,Please let me live my anime dreams

.getsuga-tenshou-gif-7.gif

• Like 4

D2R releases the day before the devstream and Nekros looks very diabolical. Probably just coincidence, but cool none the less. I hope it is a hint to a Nekros rework, but probably just fitting in connection to showing the wings. 

I dont know why, but the image also makes me wanna listen to K.I.N.G by Satyricon.

Hello! 

I was wondering if there are any plans to expand on the Nemesis  system?  Specifically For On-Call Liches/Sisters and any future additions: For instance, I would like to change to their Normal weapons to other Kuva/Tenet weapons. Another thing I would like to do, is give them some degree of fashion, armor pigment changes at least. Perhaps this can give extra uses for Kuva and Holo keys,  to give them an extra step in customization?  (Maybe as a cost for Armor Changes)

This would make Lichs/Sisters more important to convert, since their weaknesses and strengths carry over. 

Edited by Juebev

35 minutes ago, kyori said:

Previously got angel wings. Now there is demon wings.

Tldr: Everything after first chunks reply is separate but quality ideas 4 DE from xbox version player with minor quality of life complaints except last sentences which are an outright thats ridiculous who did that decision benifit please fix to improve everyones experience.

Technically we already have demon wings as guess where demons come from, and now we will have Dragon wings as the reason we think of those as demon wings is the devil taking the form of a dragon in the battle with Michael. Which makes me think its more likely angel wings are a fabrication of human flight understanding and that all angel wings are probably more like dragon ones. Which if your not religiously sensitive you should look into the dragon like descriptions in the original Hebrew texts. [there are video and audio translations] They kinda make it seem like they believed the big man to be one aswell. Truly the most weirdly not mentioned part despite being the most interesting what if? In the older texts because i dont believe the lizzard people theorys but if it were true and angels had dragon wings i imagine half dragons from D&D would not be so visibly distinct from what youd expect from the offspring, and they also never use this idea, because believing if gods real also causes them to believe humans never altered facts about him. Despite them you know controling history secretly without doing so at somepoint. Which is the reason i find theorists like that crazy. But thats what happens when you identify with a group, you loose your mind, and try to force truth to allign with shared ideas like the left is now. Somehow the goal of progressive idealogy has become censorship, and they are battling for more censorship than christians did. Is that progression or doing the same things for different causes. I grew up anti church but a believer and argued all those previous points about the original texts but they didnt ban me from churches usually. Weird side politics from not wanting to seem anti one side everyone should be anti both if they ever want real improvements. Much like this game tries to teach its not good vs evil whats important is understanding, Both aspects of any duality so you can find balance 

but feel free to point out to them in the future when they mention the lizard people, or defend cancel culture respectively. As im sure it will make them go crazy on both sides, and join forces to censor you. As i likely will be, and my bad mods but it might help someone so i have to push the button. On a more game related note i didnt see it say we have to watch 4 halloween collors or anything about them till that early comment anyone know about if thats the case im newish and those colors are very good ones and hard to match from the way to dissorganized mess that is the current pallet system. Would be great if they made entire schemes favoriteable, or even a copy paste for individually deciding what to change and what to not when copying from frame to others. ... Seperrately it would be cool to copy a weapons colors to a frame in that way we could do sort of the previous without using chat, and also could match our weapons if they are interesting or nice looking by default as opposed to trying to make them fit a frames look... could have 1 or 2 temporary held schemes that worked universaly and just stay those colors till override them instead of the frames. Would make finding the better of two variations much less work and seeing existing schemes tested on unowned fashion successfully would only encourage more purchases when they are waiting for forge to spit the new frames out or when unsure if something would look good so dont bother. Oh and u cant see energy colors applied to stance actions after purchase of stance to alter them please make preview stance start with animations or at least show them. Curently only confirm purchase has them and some are invisible there also. Thanks and great game been a good start after reaching the rest of story and endgame. Feel like player shops or colectivd clan shops with set prices while offline to supplement Bartering/ cut waiting around to try selling. Would encourage regular values and fair offers to less experienced players also greatly improve peoples overall quality of life by removing a lot of effort and wasted time while protecting newer members from predatory offers, and showing a realistic standard to them before they engage in the live bartering end...

I think that clan stores one is the best of the suggestions and the 2+ temp palates is the best option for helping with the how would it look in a different order/shade stresses, combined with the copying one color at a time or swap places thing the 3 versions have already when you change which is A,B,C. So youve shown that much could be done and it alone would be an improvement to the current methods of fine tuning a look.. I think it probably is a little less issue for pc players, but for console these 2 things take so much out of the excitement, and our overall time. I cant really feel the excitement 4 my next new frame knowing how many times ill have to go through every palette 1 at a time cause favorites doesnt hold much assemling collections of a single color 1 colour at a time 4 shade selections. Just to delete it for the next color. But when you have every pallete finding order among them is like looking at tenno 1&2 palletes and it realy just grinds my gears that no one reorganized those 2 at all in anyway in the first place as they are good selections.

Also and this is actually the biggest and most relevant to halloween colors potentially. why is black/darker colors energy invisible when you have attacks and general darkness effects in so many other places it really hurts all darker shades 4 anything with fire 2 colors or that is tied to the armor color forcing you not to chose it or loose the effects.and it cant have been cheaper or easier to progam faint amounts of energy mixed with the other energy collors than it would have been to have darker energy be consistantly the same before being too dark to distinguish from black but still consistandly there and visible. Like the stuff from nidus prime or ash primes frames that constantly eminate unrelated 2 ther energy color in ashs case i think also possibly sevogoths. Which is the way all the dark colors should have always displayed with light ones also present in sevogoths case.

Questions so far that come to mind

1. is there a timeframe for crossplay/save drop this year many players speculate NOV
  2. how will cross save work ?
  3. steve mentioned in a tweet about account merging when cross save is enabled, how will that work? 
  4. due to impending sentient army in route, has the team discussed umbra frames obtainment beyond excalibur umbra ?
  • Like 3

Got two questions for the dev team!

-While its understandable we won't be getting any reworks for a while (given the focus on New War), has the team considered adding the ability to infuse augments into warframes ala the Helminth? Currently, a few frames (Nekros and Ash as prime examples) rely heavily on 2+ augments to help them stay competitive, severely limiting builds.

-Are there any plans to address companion survivability? Currently the Vulpaphyla set of companions, as well as Djinn, are heavily used due to essentially being immortal while not disrupting mission flow due to needed to revive them. Has the team thought of ways to improve the survivability of other companions, such as making companions bleedout states a "timer till revive" or making Regen a timer based revive rather than a limit per mission.

• Like 3

I have some questions:

-Wich bosses are canonically dead? (important non-rebuildable ones meaning proxies nor infested count).

-Will we ever see a Necramech or Warframe with a Big Daddy (Bioshock series) theme?

-Will we see something new about Stalker and/or his acolytes?

-Will John Prodman ever appear outside the Index?

-Napalm launcher as Ogris skin?

Edited by VoidArkhangel
Changed 3rd question to a more subjective one, added 4th and 5th question.
  • Like 3