Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Isolation Vault - Success and still Mission Failure

LillyRaccune

Feedback type: Negative.

I just spent an hour running a solo isolation vault with a little mining. The necramechs were a real pain and ate all but my last life. My smeeta kept running to her death. I completed the bounty with the additional vault loot at the end. Lots of good rewards.

I'm heading for extraction and a face-grabber drone one-shots me. That was my last life, I lost everything. Frowny face :sad:.

This has happened before. This is what I get for bringing Protea and Ogris and Hirudo, not the meta-build. It's just discouraging.

That is unfortunate, for sure.  You have my sympathy as a fellow player who's lost important stuff to a mission failure (Mantis part.... I'll see you in the future, maybe).

🤔 Someone not too long ago made a suggestion post about granting partial rewards for mission failure. I thought it was a pretty nice idea since everyone's too afraid to fail and lose it all, and maybe this would make it a little easier to not bring meta-builds, but they got shot down by players who thought the idea wasn't worth implementing since no-one fails missions

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

This is what I get for bringing Protea and Ogris and Hirudo, not the meta-build. It's just discouraging.

Personally I'd say that's an incorrect conclusion but it is making it harder nonetheless.

Best way to deal with the mechs is a mech, I don't find it a super engaging fight so don't mind mostly skipping it with voidrig.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Someone not too long ago made a suggestion post about granting partial rewards for mission failure. I thought it was a pretty nice idea since everyone's too afraid to fail and lose it all, and maybe this would make it a little easier to not bring meta-builds, but they got shot down by players who thought the idea wasn't worth implementing since no-one fails missions

Failure can provide one of the few learning points in warframe.

With pets, operators, weapons, warframes and arcanes all intertwined into a final result the difference between success and failure can be very small. 

Risk of failure also forces players to choose between gambling or playing it safe, again not a bad thing. I've actually fail the last 2/3 tricaps on the last synovia of the hydrolyst now while these were both unusual circumstances I already know where small refinements are needed on my build. 

9 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Failure can provide one of the few learning points in warframe.

With pets, operators, weapons, warframes and arcanes all intertwined into a final result the difference between success and failure can be very small. 

Risk of failure also forces players to choose between gambling or playing it safe, again not a bad thing. I've actually fail the last 2/3 tricaps on the last synovia of the hydrolyst now while these were both unusual circumstances I already know where small refinements are needed on my build. 

You're preaching to the choir 😋. I'm one of the players who goes looking for a fight, which means that if I don't fight well, I'll fail (again, bye-bye Mantis part I lost doing the standard Ambulas boss fight).

That said, it's not like it's not understandable when players want to take it chill; I'm just glad Warframe lets me get the fight I'm looking for

19 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

did you check your inventory after? Your rewards are saved after completing stages of, and bounties themselves in open worlds. The end mission screen has never reflected this if you abort and I'm wondering if it also doesn't on death.

Yes I did receive the bounty stage rewards. They were listed in the mission fail screen. Orokin Orientation Matrix and Residual Boils arcane :vomit:. It was the Damaged Mech component, Necrathene, Scintinant, and Biotic Filters that I actually desired 😿.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

That is unfortunate, for sure.  You have my sympathy as a fellow player who's lost important stuff to a mission failure

Thanks for understanding.

1 hour ago, Flannoit said:

There's already a system in place for liches to steal your crap, why not utilize something similar?

I like this idea. Even if it is only for certain missions.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

voidrig is good to kill the enemy necramechs 

Appearantly Bonewidow isn't suited to the job. It didn't really help in my fight.

19 minutes ago, L3512 said:

the difference between success and failure can be very small. 

Yeah this is basically it. I'm not screaming that DE should change anything, but it just feels like there is no difficulty "curve". It feels like a cliff.

• Average mission: easy.
  • Sortie missions: things are in control.
  • Steel Path: bullet hell, but managable.
  • Isolation Vault: fluster kuck with eximuses, knockdowns, AOE Slash attacks, AOE Toxin clouds with 100% status chance, anti-magic robots with agility greater than most warframes.
  • Void Storms in Veil Proxima: instant death by Void Stink explosion, instant death by multiple eximus spawn, instant death by mysterious "shock" damage.

In a different thread, a certain player told me that I simply shouldn't be playing this warframe content because I'm not good enough. That hurt my feels because I actually respect them for their contributions to the community. With the exception of getting nearly-instant-killed by the mechs and face grabber drone, I was having fun playing the mission with Protea.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your support.

30 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Yes I did receive the bounty stage rewards. They were listed in the mission fail screen. Orokin Orientation Matrix and Residual Boils arcane :vomit:. It was the Damaged Mech component, Necrathene, Scintinant, and Biotic Filters that I actually desired 😿.

Appearantly Bonewidow isn't suited to the job. It didn't really help in my fight.

Yeah this is basically it. I'm not screaming that DE should change anything, but it just feels like there is no difficulty "curve". It feels like a cliff.

• Isolation Vault: fluster kuck with eximuses, knockdowns, AOE Slash attacks, AOE Toxin clouds with 100% status chance, anti-magic robots with agility greater than most warframes.
  • Void Storms in Veil Proxima: instant death by Void Stink explosion, instant death by multiple eximus spawn, instant death by mysterious "shock" damage.

In a different thread, a certain player told me that I simply shouldn't be playing this warframe content because I'm not good enough. That hurt my feels because I actually respect them for their contributions to the community. With the exception of getting nearly-instant-killed by the mechs and face grabber drone, I was having fun playing the mission with Protea.

All things considered, it sounded like you did alright in the fight (follower AI aside). That last face-grabber though, oof. C’est la vie, but that must have been like “Oh for… mmmmmmmmmph!!!” with a side of throwing of hands into the air and staring at the screen briefly before picking oneself back up.

🤔 Honestly I’d say you did pretty damn well, @LillyRaccune, the more I think about it.

I love that edge-of-losing-everything because I’m kind of stupid and overestimate myself all the time, so anyone who fights like that, win or lose, gets my respect, because that must have been a hard fight. Shame about the rewards, though

well there would be a possiblity to avoid something like that if you dont go on full solo but instead of invite oder friends only if you come to a situation like it just invite someone that can walk to the exit

i helped players being stuck in the fishing paces and something likewise in the past

15 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

As far as I was aware those should be saved too because you completed the bounty. So either DE's being inconsistent again or that's a bug. Mining and fishing is also supposed to save on completion.

Bonewidow will not work for the fight unless you already built your archgun explicitly for fighting mechs. Normally you use voidrig's arquebex to burn them down quickly. Unfortunately Bonewidow's ironbride can't properly hit the weakpoints because it's hit box is too big and normally gets nulled by striking the undamageable parts. I hate the mechs and their absolutely obnoxious tiny weakpoints coupled with their stupidly high turn and move speed. The entire fight is bull.

Ogris sucks vs mechs.  You need something with precision to rip the arms off.    The hirudo I dont even...u trying to gain HP when you melee infested?  Protea is a gun nut...thanx to her 3rd you have infinite health, energy, AMMO.....including archwing gun ammo....   You could use grattler or imp vandal or cortege (cortege is what I use on my mech to fight other mechs)

Protea + shield mod + adaptation + arcane barrier = awesome  

Archived