Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox

-IGRIS-

i don't understand people's obsession over duviri paradox.

sure it looked cool years ago, and there are lots of speculations about how it could fundamentally change how warframe is going to be played. but in the end it's just a cryptic trailer about a dude riding undead horse. we don't know if it's the operator or just some new enemy that we'll have to kill just like every other enemies.

other than some overly sophisticated sounding title, it have nothing going for it.

everyone who are still obsessed over duviri would live a happier life if they just accept that probably warframe's path has already strayed off that path DE thought 3 or 4 years ago but couldn't realize.

40 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

i don't understand people's obsession over duviri paradox.

My take is that trailers that can genuinely capture a mysterious vibe stick in our brains.  If we have questions, we hunger for answers.  And it's easy to forget that the answers to those questions are never even half as compelling as the unanswered questions themselves.  If you forget that fact, you can get stuck in a certain kind of hype.

It reminds me of the cinematic teaser trailers for Death Stranding.  Regardless of how anyone feels about the game that eventually followed, those trailers were captivating.  But they were never, ever going to translate the vibe of those trailers into the game itself, because unlike a mysterious trailer, a game needs coherent mechanics that the player can understand.

I'm also guessing that some amount of the hype is due to just how vague Duviri is.  If there's something you wish was different about Warframe, it's easy enough to think it might show up in Duviri, just because Duviri could be pretty much anything.  Is it a wise place to put your hopes?  Not at all, but people will do it all the same.

And finally, to be fair, even in its vagueness Duviri did look like it had the potential to add something new to Warframe.  What will that be?  Horsie rides?  Gun teens?  I dunno.  But seeds were planted, and I'm not surprised that people are eager to see what grows.  But for most people it's probably healthier to just forget about Duviri until it arrives.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It reminds me of the cinematic teaser trailers for Death Stranding.

ah yes. that explains everything for me.

same part of kid's brains that "surprise toys" are exploiting, because they don't know what's inside, they're hopeful for something really awesome.

anyway, i agree with everything you said.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

But for most people it's probably healthier to just forget about Duviri until it arrives.

The funny part will be is when space kid "grows up" for like 30min of story then boom right back to angry space child, how many who had their hopes up will just baby rage on the forums over that

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

I'm reasonably sure the duviri paradox idea was scrapped, and that no amount of waiting will matter.

And I don't suppose the fact that even in 2019 they said it would be a while before we got it would change your beliefs?

Honestly, I have to wonder why people are so quick to assume that if something isn't the developers' main focus it's been scrapped. Projects can be placed on the backburner, y'know, and the New War kinda takes priority given that it was promised first.

52 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Honestly, I have to wonder why people are so quick to assume that if something isn't the developers' main focus it's been scrapped. Projects can be placed on the backburner, y'know, and the New War kinda takes priority given that it was promised first.

Honestly I feel like there should be a name for this phenomenon, something like "The Object Permanence of Products in Development".  I see topics like this pop up all the time in these forums, where during a Devstream they'll say "we are working on this" and then if it's not in the game within a month people assume it was cancelled.

Archived