Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And the Ferrox 's Attraction Field have 4% critical chance but never critical

topryu

On 2021-09-22 at 9:12 AM, topryu said:

Ferrox 's Attraction Field have 4% critical chance but never critical, even i get the buff of the arcane avenger(+45% critical chance )

Math time:

Calculate this -> 0.04*1.45

... You can even use WinCalc for it, Microsoft will feel proud if you do.

... Now take into consideration how RNG is for stuff under 0.1%..

11 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Math time:

Calculate this -> 0.04*1.45

... You can even use WinCalc for it, Microsoft will feel proud if you do.

... Now take into consideration how RNG is for stuff under 0.1%..

Arcane Avenger is flat bonus CC. So the crit chance should've been 4% + 45% = 49%

11 minutes ago, Rasdan said:

Arcane Avenger is flat bonus CC. So the crit chance should've been 4% + 45% = 49%

What guarantee do you have that its working as you think its supposed to be working and not as DE wants it to work?

I always assume percentages apply on the base value, be it from mods or arcanes. That way, if its working like I suspect it is then I won't be surprised.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

What guarantee do you have that its working as you think its supposed to be working and not as DE wants it to work?

I always assume percentages apply on the base value, be it from mods or arcanes. That way, if its working like I suspect it is then I won't be surprised.

• Arcane Avenger stacks additively with other percentage point bonuses, such as Covenant130xDark.png Covenant, Void Stalker and Mod TT 20px.png Cat's Eye. For example, an GrineerWhip.png Atterax with a max rank Mod TT 20px.png True Steel, Mod TT 20px.png Cat's Eye, and Arcane Avenger, will have a [25% × (1 + 120%) + 60% + 45%] = 160% critical chance on attacks.
    • Highly effective with weapons with high critical damage multipliers.
    • Weapons that have 0% critical chance can crit with this enhancement, although due to their lack of a critical multiplier, their damage will not be altered unless the shot lands on the head, which yields 2x critical multiplier.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Avenger

All throw weapon aoe effects are (and have been since gun workshop) bugged so that they are unmoddable/only mods that work on them are damage mods, fire rate mods and in case of jav mag size since they pull the values off the regular shots. As such it suffers from the "either build crit primary fire only or alt fire utility only with max fire rate".

9 hours ago, Rasdan said:
  • Arcane Avenger stacks additively with other percentage point bonuses, such as Covenant130xDark.png Covenant, Void Stalker and Mod TT 20px.png Cat's Eye. For example, an GrineerWhip.png Atterax with a max rank Mod TT 20px.png True Steel, Mod TT 20px.png Cat's Eye, and Arcane Avenger, will have a [25% × (1 + 120%) + 60% + 45%] = 160% critical chance on attacks.
    • Highly effective with weapons with high critical damage multipliers.
    • Weapons that have 0% critical chance can crit with this enhancement, although due to their lack of a critical multiplier, their damage will not be altered unless the shot lands on the head, which yields 2x critical multiplier.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Avenger

I already knew you were going to link from the wiki...

... Guess what, that's not a guarantee... But you can still think its a guarantee if that makes you happy.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I already knew you were going to link from the wiki...

... Guess what, that's not a guarantee... But you can still think its a guarantee if that makes you happy.

It's how the arcane has worked for the past 6 years... Sure, theoretically DE could, at any time, suddenly decide that its a bug that needs fixing. Until then it's the expected behavior of the arcane.

Think I can confirm that the attraction field isn't critting at all.  Can anybody say if it's ever done so?  I've used the field effect a lot, but never for direct damage.

Testing:

I can actually get the weapon up to 21.7% crit with mods if the wiki's base crit number of 4% is right.  (The number is not listed in the Arsenal, so I'm not sure where it comes from.)  The attraction field creates so many damage ticks, it's very plain to see that it's not critting at that rate.  And if it's critting some lower number, I never saw it in 2-3 minutes of actual testing.  (That may not sound like a lot, but it's a ton of damage pop ups.)  Nothing but 7s, and no yellow numbers.

I added both Cat's Eye and Retaliation (both additive crit) and no  change at all.     Then I waited for one Smeeta crit charm (sets total crit chance to 200%, so automatic orange crits) and nothing.

Thinking that maybe crit multiplier is actually 1x rather than the 2x listed in the wiki,  I added Vital Sense.  No change.

So crit is not working at all that I can tell.

14 hours ago, Famecans said:

it would be awesome if this ferrox passive took effect mods from range, magazine, fire rate,

RoF mods are one of the few things that do apply to the attraction field, speeding up the tick rate and the total number inflicted.   It's the basis for the status turret build.

34 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Think I can confirm that the attraction field isn't critting at all.  Can anybody say if it's ever done so?  I've used the field effect a lot, but never for direct damage.

Testing:

I can actually get the weapon up to 21.7% crit with mods if the wiki's base crit number of 4% is right.  (The number is not listed in the Arsenal, so I'm not sure where it comes from.)  The attraction field creates so many damage ticks, it's very plain to see that it's not critting at that rate.  And if it's critting some lower number, I never saw it in 2-3 minutes of actual testing.  (That may not sound like a lot, but it's a ton of damage pop ups.)  Nothing but 7s, and no yellow numbers.

I added both Cat's Eye and Retaliation (both additive crit) and no  change at all.     Then I waited for one Smeeta crit charm (sets total crit chance to 200%, so automatic orange crits) and nothing.

Thinking that maybe crit multiplier is actually 1x rather than the 2x listed in the wiki,  I added Vital Sense.  No change.

So crit is not working at all that I can tell.

RoF mods are one of the few things that do apply to the attraction field, speeding up the tick rate and the total number inflicted.   It's the basis for the status turret build.

Yeah being a completely unlisted stat, the Wiki could be incorrect about it having crit chance at all, or it's bugged...  The prior seems more likely, but 4% is an arbitrary enough number that it would totally make sense coming from DE :P

Ok, did a couple more tests to distract myself from actual work I should be doing.

Went back to the idea that maybe the crit multiplier is actually 1x...but can't be affected by weapon mods.   So for crit damage bonus from a non-weapon source, I dashwired with Empowered Quiver Ivara. Again, no dice.  Every single damage popup stayed exactly the same, zipline or no.

Then I got a better idea and quipped Arcane Acceleration, which has a crit trigger.  But the arcane was never activated by the attraction field, even with Retaliation and/or Cat's Eye up.* 

Think there's another Ferrox bug report in my future.    Not that I'm sure it's a bug rather than a wiki error.

*I did discover that when triggered by other means, Arcane Acceleration  does affect the field like weapon RoF mods do.  And it snapshots that bonus.  Which is probably a known thing, but never occurred to me to try.  Anyway, it's a nice power up.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ok, did a couple more tests to distract myself from actual work I should be doing.

Went back to the idea that maybe the crit multiplier is actually 1x...but can't be affected by weapon mods.   So for crit damage bonus from a non-weapon source, I dashwired with Empowered Quiver Ivara. Again, no dice.  Every single damage popup stayed exactly the same, zipline or no.

Then I got a better idea and quipped Arcane Acceleration, which has a crit trigger.  But the arcane was never activated by the attraction field, even with Retaliation and/or Cat's Eye up.* 

Think there's another Ferrox bug report in my future.    Not that I'm sure it's a bug rather than a wiki error.

*I did discover that when triggered by other means, Arcane Acceleration  does affect the field like weapon RoF mods do.  And it snapshots that bonus.  Which is probably a known thing, but never occurred to me to try.  Anyway, it's a nice power up.

for future reference, If you were critting at all the numbers would be yellow. Mechanically, a crit is a crit even if your crit dam was all the way in the negatives.

5 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

for future reference, If you were critting at all the numbers would be yellow. Mechanically, a crit is a crit even if your crit dam was all the way in the negatives.

Thanks.  I wasn't sure if it worked that way.  (I actually tried testing that yesterday with a Sonicor...and discovered that either the projectile does have a >1 multiplier, or something funky was going on.)

Archived