Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Sekharas are neglected, what would the community want to see if they could make new Sekharas?

Zahnny

TL;DR, this first bit just explains the Sekharas if you're not familiar. If you're already familiar the question is simply what would you like future Sekharas to be if you could make/design them?

To my knowledge, there are 5 official Sekharas in Warframe, and one which could be considered a Sekhara.

If you're unfamiliar with them, they are essentially shoulder emblems like the others, but are much more unique. Coming with 3D models or effects, rather than the flat 2D images most

I own all 5 official Sekharas but I think it's a shame they are not more widespread. In my honest opinion, they could be considered the predecessors to Ephemeras.

The current list is

Ki'Teer Sekhara, the only one that is still obtainable when Baro Ki'Teer brings it. The rest were tied to the now removed Trials.

Sevati Sekhara, obtained from Vay Hek's Law of Retribution Trial for the first time.

Aseron Sekhara, obtained from doing the harder version of Law of Retribution for the first time.

Jordas Sekhara, obtained from doing the Jordas Trial for the first time.

and the Invati Sekhara, which was given to all players who completed at least one Trial before they were removed.

P.S. While writing this I just remembered the Vitus emblem from the Arbitrations which acts similarly.

While not officially a Sekhara, the "Tethra's Doom Quantum Emblem" fits the same criteria, and could be considered an honorary Sekhara. Which was obtained from its name-sake event, which sadly was before I joined, but I'm not going to try asking for it to return.

I will however say, as someone who owns the Raid Sekharas, I wouldn't mind seeing them make a return and become obtainable if it meant DE were to start expanding upon the list of Sekharas in game.

They feel very in theme with Ephemeras, and while the Sekharas were originally intended to be awarded for great feats or etc, they are outshined by Ephemeras, sometimes literally.

So with all that in mind, I felt like making another forum brainstorming thread just to see what the community would want in what can essentially be simplified to shoulder emphemeras?

Any shoulder emblem that isn't plain white is fine by me. Even the Vitus Emblem is pretty cool, but seeing another plain white event badge is unneeded. I think adding more color/detail to existing badges or future ones would be fine (like Scarlet Spear or Conservation).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more of these things, even though the only ones I own are the Ki'teer Sekhara and the Vitus Emblem.

One thing I'd like to see is a sekhara that acts as a sort of digital extension for a shoulder pauldron. Imagine a mixture of Chroma Dynasty's shoulder pads and the Sister Ephemeras, and it could pulse or "breathe" similar to an LED keyboard.

I'm...rather surprised these aren't seen more often, either as small add-on's to Deluxe collections or just small animations added to badges for Operations. The right ones could really spruce up fashion frame in an unexpected way.

EDIT: Or for example an effect that can be added to an existing Emblem. The Glassmaker Sekhara, giving your Warframe a "glass like" sheen

Sekharas should pick up where Ephemeras were supposed to and actually be something that shows you've got a ton of dedication and have done a lot of the games harder content. a few ideas:

Steel Sekhara: a floating cube of steel essence that matches your frame's energy colour. awarded for completing the entire star chart in Steel Path.

Vitus Sekhara:  appears in the shape of a Vitus Essence, the outer edge is black and the inside Energy coloured.  awarded for havingcompleted 500 Arbitrations without getting killed (doesn't have to be 500 consecutively)

Quill's Sekhara: a Quill logo that emits a slight amount of Sentient energy. awarded for completing a solo tri-capture without being downed.

Vox Sekhara: a multicolored Solaris Logo, awarded only to those who defeat Profit Taker, Exploiter, and complete a Steel Path Orb Vallis bounty in the same session.

Requiem Sekhara: gradually changes between each of the Requiem Symbols. awarded for vanquishing or converting a total of 100 Kuva liches (also wouldn't mind an Ephemera that paints your warframe with bright Requiem Symbols, for that sweet Occult/Tribal look!)

Sister's Sekhara: a Triangular Sekhara with scrolling Corpus writing on the inside of it's edges, designed to go with the Sister's Ephemeras. awarded for vanquishing or Converting a total of 100 Sister of Parvos.

Raider's Sekhara: a light hearted Tenno version of the Jolly Roger, with an Excalibur helm and crossed Skanas instead of the usual Skull and crossbones. awarded for earning a total of 100 million credits from railjack missions.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Vox Sekhara: a multicolored Solaris Logo, awarded only to those who defeat Profit Taker, Exploiter, and complete a Steel Path Orb Vallis bounty in the same session.

Oh. I'd love to do this one. Profit Taker and Exploiter are two of my favourite bosses. Though I'll be honest in saying I'm not a big fan of Orb Vallis bounties.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Sekharas should pick up where Ephemeras were supposed to and actually be something that shows you've got a ton of dedication and have done a lot of the games harder content. a few ideas:

Steel Sekhara: a floating cube of steel essence that matches your frame's energy colour. awarded for completing the entire star chart in Steel Path.

Vitus Sekhara:  appears in the shape of a Vitus Essence, the outer edge is black and the inside Energy coloured.  awarded for havingcompleted 500 Arbitrations without getting killed (doesn't have to be 500 consecutively)

Quill's Sekhara: a Quill logo that emits a slight amount of Sentient energy. awarded for completing a solo tri-capture without being downed.

Requiem Sekhara: gradually changes between each of the Requiem Symbols. awarded for vanquishing or converting a total of 100 Kuva liches (also wouldn't mind an Ephemera that paints your warframe with bright Requiem Symbols, for that sweet Occult/Tribal look!)

Sister's Sekhara: a Triangular Sekhara with scrolling Corpus writing on the inside of it's edges, designed to go with the Sister's Ephemeras. awarded for vanquishing or Converting a total of 100 Sister of Parvos.

Raider's Sekhara: a light hearted Tenno version of the Jolly Roger, with an Excalibur helm and crossed Skanas instead of the usual Skull and crossbones. awarded for earning a total of 100 million credits from railjack missions.

I would love to see things like this, but some of these are too hardcore for Warframe and the player base won't have it. 

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I would love to see things like this, but some of these are too hardcore for Warframe and the player base won't have it. 

I mean, Warframe still has stuff like the Hema and Conclave, literal gigantic walls of grind that can take months or longer based on your luck and Clan size.

To be honest though, I'm not sure I'd personally want stuff like that. I'd rather have to do something difficult once then something easy three-hundred times. We already have plenty of ridiculously long, boring grinds as it is.

Personally? I'd keep them to being a Raid (or similarly difficult content) reward. Just have the Raids put limiters on abilities and have enemies be tougher and I'm sure it'll be plenty difficult. Just stuff like;

- Limited Uses on Abilities

- No Energy Regen

- Only Headshots Kill

- Constant Health Drain

- Elemental Vulnerability

- Enemy Damage Buffs

- Locked-In Warframes

- No Shields

Throw everything and the kitchen sink at us, lord knows even all of the nerfs I mentioned would still barely slow us down. Just actually make the content hard to complete and have us deal with some tough parkour and I'll be happy.

Archived