Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

this is what an hours worth of hepit speed runs looks like

cha0sWyrM

im not going to claim to draw any conclusions about drop rates or anything... you guys can do that, this is just for information. ive been farming nidus prime....and so far it feels like drop rates arent right. i have everything i need except the chassis....so off to hepit for me, shoudlnt be too bad.... right?

wrong. ive been at this for 3 days. ive done over 100 hepit runs and got exactly 4 n7s. so today i decided to keep track of mission results....and here they are. one thing to note....whenever the mission got switched to exterminate...i immediately aborted. anyway...heres how exactly 1 hour went:

total runs - 28 (would have been a few more...but i needed a potty break)

mission results:

K7 -  ||||  |||

B4 -  ||

A4 - |

N8 - ||||

T7 - ||||

G4 - ||||

N7 - ZERO

"Change of plans" - |||| (abort...no relic)

total relics - 24

these results are typical of what ive been experiencing over past week. a lot of n8s and especially k7s.

i would like to point out again...im making no assumptions or conclusions...this is just raw data in case it interests anyone.

10 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

"Change of plans" - |||| (abort...no relic)

How stupid you need to be to leave if you see change of plans? I always do the same +1 for that

Btw big F***ing salut to you for proving RNG is RNG and it exist. Like ya know having a chance to get something does not mean you gonna get it

well one hour after the pa i had 33 lith n7
well i am happy that i do not longer farm relics in missions like a maniac
and i can be happy that others that play with me do the same so every pa i have people with relics to spare

so if you dont have fun farming something there is no wonder you cant find it enjoyable
and all of you post bascily crys out that you maybe need a break

Even i was farming nidus relics in usual relic nodes on day one, but..

as someone said, why not do plague star? even if you not planning on doing long runs with that, a simple 3-4 runs should easily give you enough N7s. those toxins aren't anything resource heavy anyway for couple of runs. do that, if you still need the relic.

In all honesty you would have been better of just doing plague star from the start. The drop chance for the relics are good enough there so you get plenty of each, and you dont get a bunch of pointless relics doing so, instead you get 1 forma per run and 4 chances iirc to get nidus relics. And a run takes between 8-12 minutes depending on what you bring and how used you are to the event.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

How stupid you need to be to leave if you see change of plans? I always do the same +1 for that

Btw big F***ing salut to you for proving RNG is RNG and it exist. Like ya know having a chance to get something does not mean you gonna get it

its a speed run....it would be stupid to finish the mission after it changes. by the time you finish it...you could have done 2 or 3 more runs.

whats with the aggro broseph? i clearly stated i was making no conclusions or anything and that this was purely for information purposes.

for all of you asking why not do plague star....

i HAVE been doing plague star.

in the past week alone ive done close to 50 plague star runs...and ive got...let me look at my notes here.....yes...here it is....i got exactly NO nidus relics...not a single one from plague star...zero...zilch...nada...bupkis. all my nidus relics have been from normal mission farming....ALL of them.

1 hour ago, Keiyadan said:

so if you dont have fun farming something there is no wonder you cant find it enjoyable
and all of you post bascily crys out that you maybe need a break

what are you on about? who said i wasnt having fun or didnt find it enjoyable...or that i need a break?

all i did was list stats and facts. man you people project a lot, how many times do i need to say i posted for information purposes ONLY?

this post is for people who are interested in these kinds of stats...if thats not you...just move along.

Hepit capture is very diluted with relics, you can waste hours there not getting what you want, depending on how much sacrifice you've done to RNGesus.

When i was farming for lith relics i used to do mars disruption which has smaller selection of relics, ofcourse plague star is here and is more reliable.

10 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

its a speed run....it would be stupid to finish the mission after it changes. by the time you finish it...you could have done 2 or 3 more runs.

whats with the aggro broseph? i clearly stated i was making no conclusions or anything and that this was purely for information purposes.

Id say its stupid to stay in a mission when change of plans happen since you join mission X to do mission X and not to do mission Y cause if you would want to do mission Y then you would pick mission Y

Not to mention in most cases its just stalling your progress and restarting mission would be faster

And about ur speed run well u did it for a reason and well you came here for us to take some conclusion out of it
My conclusion is you just proved that thing called RNG exist which many of us suffering from anyway so like you shown us nothing we didnt know

If you think i have something against you then you clearly misunderstood me

51 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

for all of you asking why not do plague star....

i HAVE been doing plague star.

in the past week alone ive done close to 50 plague star runs...and ive got...let me look at my notes here.....yes...here it is....i got exactly NO nidus relics...not a single one from plague star...zero...zilch...nada...bupkis. all my nidus relics have been from normal mission farming....ALL of them.

Then you've had some seriously bad luck or you've just done runs with zero hemocytes.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Ok, but did you also use that standing from your sigil to buy relic packs from syndicates as well?

what? what does that have to do with anything?

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Oh and try this:

Disruption Mars A, B 14.29%, 14.29%

also what? i dont understand what youre talking about. this post is specifically about hepit speed runs.

i didnt ask for help, or advice....or anything at all. i posted information...for those who are interested.

i dont want or need any help. im good. i do speed runs for fun...because i like to do them....in this particular case, since i need the n7, i figured id do hepit...my best time there is 36 seconds....i like to try to beat it. so i did hepit for an hour....didnt even come close to my best time....my fastet that time was 42 seconds, but i kept track of the results and posted them...for others to see.

thats it.

im not a new player, i dont need or want any advice or help with anything. im simply sharing information.

why is this such a difficult concept for people to grasp?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Then you've had some seriously bad luck or you've just done runs with zero hemocytes.

well.....considering i just built a gold hemocyte trophy for my solo player ghost clan....which requires 100 (non tradable) cystoliths, i think its safe to say i have indeed been getting hemocytes. also...you cant even do a zero hemocyte run as far as i can tell...that would just be a failed mission.

so...im going with "bad luck" for this one.

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Well you came here to rant...so

no i didnt.

for like the 800th time...i came here to post information. i didnt rant...at all. please do point to the "rant" portion of my post....ill wait.

seems people need a refresher course in reading comprehension around here.

From a mathematical view, I think you need to run the whole mission 100-200 times for an accurate median measurement. Thanks for sharing how many "change of plans" missions you experienced, what if they are the ones that grant the N7's? But to be fair, there have been times when DE says "this is the drop table" and players need to provide hard evidence to say "no your drop table is wrong". The easiest example I can remember is this:

Spoiler

I'm pretty mad at the peanut gallery comments. I don't see any ranting, just chill. ChaosWyrm is doing exactly what the Devs have told us on the forums. "Check yourself"

5 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Unfortunately you're more often better off cutting your losses. Even with a big AOE weapon, you can easily have enemies that the game expects you to backtrack something dumb like 1000 m to reach. Not always of course... but yeah, if you're going for efficiency, you should abort on change of plans.

8 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

no i didnt.

for like the 800th time...i came here to post information. i didnt rant...at all. please do point to the "rant" portion of my post....ill wait.

seems people need a refresher course in reading comprehension around here.

Your erratic grammar and syntax.

Trying to feign ignorance by using phrasing like "I'm not going to claim...."

Basically making odd declarative passive aggressive statements lol. 

Just because you think you're trying to convey something in a certain manner, doesn't mean people don't actually see what you're doing lol.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb cha0sWyrM:

what are you on about? who said i wasnt having fun or didnt find it enjoyable...or that i need a break?

all i did was list stats and facts. man you people project a lot, how many times do i need to say i posted for information purposes ONLY?

this post is for people who are interested in these kinds of stats...if thats not you...just move along.

good to know i just was thinking maybe i should share some of my non needed relics
i mean i already know that farming relics in missions is most likely pointless there are other ways that are more rewarding in the same time with a bigger range on things you can get

15 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

well.....considering i just built a gold hemocyte trophy for my solo player ghost clan....which requires 100 (non tradable) cystoliths, i think its safe to say i have indeed been getting hemocytes. also...you cant even do a zero hemocyte run as far as i can tell...that would just be a failed mission.

so...im going with "bad luck" for this one.

50 runs and not a single Nidus relic is extremely unbelievable since that would be zero Nidus relics after killing 200(!) Hemocytes.

And you get zero cytes if you use neither of the consumables, the quest is completed when the drone reaches the boil.

FYI, considering 24 runs, and the fact there's an equal probability for each of the 8 relics to drop, there are 593775 combinations for a set of 24 drops that contain only 7 of the 8 listed relics. The total number of combinations for 24 drops and 8 possible relics is 2629575 (I calculated both of them with the binomial coefficient n+k-1 over k). The ratio, meaning the probability of getting one of the "only 7 of the 8 relics" runs is 22.58%. So yeah, perfectly within the realm of possibility, if my math is right. 

Archived