Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma & Mastery Rank Dev Workshop

Marcooose

11 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

In principle, I would agree with you, however that would make polarities redundant,. DE also needs to make money, hence the forma for sale. That said, I could see them perhaps offering an omni forma to say Legendary rank players. This would help drive people to go for Legendary rank, and still make the moola on the journey to it.

I could also see allowing fully formed frames (Health, energy and Shield) to the legendary players as well, again an insensitive to play the game and make Legendary rank. They could also allow Legendary ranks to do Sorties (and other rank locked mission types) on R0 formaed frames.

what if leveling with forma increased the base stats by 10? up to 5 times. 1 per forma.

+10 health/armor/shields/energy and 10% power strength. seems overpowered

4 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Tenno,

Quando introduzimos o Forma anos atrás, Warframe era um jogo muito menor. Tínhamos menos armas, menos Warframes e muito menos Mods. Conforme os jogadores continuam sua jornada no Forma, sempre há discussões sobre como fazer um passe de Qualidade de Vida (QOL) para a forma como as coisas funcionam com nosso Golden Puzzle Piece favorito. Temos algumas mudanças de qualidade de vida em desenvolvimento, e este workshop detalha como o Forma funcionará em breve em Warframes, Archwings e Necramechs. 

Queremos que seu Nível de Maestria seja considerado ao usar o Forma para estabelecer um nível de poder básico para seus personagens jogáveis!

O que isso significa?

Se um jogador de Mastery Rank 30 usar um Forma, ele não terá que desbloquear quaisquer Habilidades (ou seus Ranks) em um determinado item! Sim, eles ainda precisarão nivelar o próprio equipamento para aplicar outro Forma, mas as Habilidades não estão mais bloqueadas dependendo do seu Nível de Maestria! Isso atinge nosso objetivo de manter o Forma essencial para construir customização, mas permitindo aos jogadores com ranks de Mastery mais altos uma experiência mais conveniente. 

No momento, usar um Forma em um Warframe (ou Archwing / Necramech) requer que você comece do 0 quando se trata de habilidades que você pode usar. Além disso, você obtém apenas o primeiro Nível de sua primeira habilidade. Veja Valkyr, por exemplo. Você instala um Forma e volta a lançar Ripline não classificado!

Nossa mudança fará com que seu Mastery Rank tenha impacto sobre o quanto você desbloqueou por padrão no uso do Forma.

Por exemplo, um jogador de Mastery Rank 10 teria todas as habilidades desbloqueadas, embora não com sua força total! 

Este processo de classificação é algo que os jogadores já experimentam no jogo - você sabe que no momento em que nivelou seu Valkyr em Hydron para 10, você desbloqueou Hysteria. Estamos fazendo com que o seu Mastery Rank 'combine' esses marcos, por assim dizer, com o objetivo final sendo um jogador do Mastery Rank 30 poder usar o Forma sem nunca ter que ficar sem Habilidades. Simplificando, quanto maior for o seu Mastery Rank, maior será a linha de base do seu equipamento ao usar o Forma. 

Espere essa mudança em uma atualização futura. 

Great

If you're going to be looking at formas and levels, I have a small(not really, heh) suggestion for primary and secondaries: please consider turning the exilus slot into the equivalent of an aura or stance slot.

At the moment non-kuva guns suffer from a lower capacity limit than melee options, which is one thing that makes melee stronger than ranged. If you could turn your Trick Mag into bonus capacity, suddenly players have more of a reason to invest in exilus adapters and more builds open up.

You'd probably need to standardize exilus capacity costs which makes this unattractive from a development standpoint, but you could make weapon specific mods fit in the exilus slot and have a higher capacity bonus as an encouragement to use those weapons and their mods.

Not quite on topic I realize, hope it's thought provoking at least.

2 hours ago, ChangelingRain said:

This change should come coupled with the ability to see the stats for lower ranks of an ability, so people who update the wiki don't have to get the frame a second time to check lower ranks.

You can go to the abilities menu while level 15 and it will show the current stats. 

And are you referring to this? 

"Excalibur dashes between enemies within a cone 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters long and cuts them down with his Exalted Blade. Each strike inflicts 100 / 125 / 200 / 250 base damage."

The numbers with the slashes denote the ability at different ranks.

11 hours ago, BR31 said:

And an active player easily spends 10-20x weekly .

This is an issue only if you're still mastering tenet or kuva weapons, or dojo weapons; most of the players have a decent enough stack of forma once they've gone through those weapons; it's a matter of how frequently you decide to spend your forma. I had more rhan enough forma to remaster all kuva and tenet weapons twice after already doing it,  with still some to spare, even before plague star came. You just gotta be more careful with it.

On a side note, a good QOL change, would be to make simulacrum used forma be of any use; at this moment if you spend a forma in simulacrum, it behaves exactly the same way as a forma used anywhere else, which begs the question, why have the polarising challenge in NW specify : not in simulacrum?

I would like to be able to use as much forma as I want, in simulacrum, in order to preview builds without actually consuming any forma. This would prevent a lot of polarisation mistakes.

11 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

For instance, a Mastery Rank 10 player would have all abilities unlocked, albeit not at their full strength! 

Umbra forma still affects all 3+ Configurations on the same frame.   That means if you have Umbra build in Config A,  B and C will also get a very inconvenient Umbra slot.

Same with all other Forma btw.

Would be really good if we could select what Config Forma will affect....Much like with Helminth Ability infusions, where we can select what Config Infusion is installed into.

OR simply remove increased cost penalty if Polarities do not match.

12 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Tenno,

When we first introduced Forma years ago, Warframe was a much smaller game. We had fewer weapons, fewer Warframes, and way fewer Mods. As players continue their Forma journey, there’s often discussions on doing a Quality of Life (QOL) pass to the way things work with our favourite Golden Puzzle Piece. We’ve a bit of QOL changes in development, and this workshop details out how Forma will soon work on Warframes, Archwings, and Necramechs. 

We want your Mastery Rank to be considered when using Forma to establish a baseline power level for your playable characters!

What does that mean?

If a Mastery Rank 30 player uses a Forma, they won’t have to re-unlock any Abilities (or their Ranks) on a given item! Yes, they’ll still need to level the gear itself to apply another Forma, but the Abilities are no longer locked depending on your Mastery Rank! This achieves our goal of keeping Forma essential to build customization, but allowing players with higher Mastery Ranks a more convenient experience. 

Right now using a Forma on a Warframe (or Archwing/Necramech) requires you to start from 0 when it comes to Abilities you can use. Furthermore, you only get the first Rank of your First ability. Take Valkyr for instance. You install a Forma, and you’re back to only casting unranked Ripline!

Our change will make it so your Mastery Rank impacts how much you have unlocked by default on Forma use.

For instance, a Mastery Rank 10 player would have all abilities unlocked, albeit not at their full strength! 

This ranking process is something players already experience in game - you know by the time you’ve levelled your Valkyr on Hydron to 10, you unlock Hysteria. We are making your Mastery Rank ‘match’ those milestones, so to speak, with the end goal being a Mastery Rank 30 player can use Forma without ever having to be locked out of Abilities. Simply put, the higher your Mastery Rank, the higher the baseline of your gear when using Forma. 

Expect this change in a future Update. 

This is a nice change, but, I would much prefer if at MR30 you started your forma'd weapons/necramechs at ranks 30/32/34/36/38 depending on how many you've stuck on them, as it would make grinding out Kuva Weapon MR, Tenet Weapon MR and Necramechs much more bearable.

Just give us a much rarer universal forma that takes 46h to construct, all these multiple polarities in a slot suggestions are literally worse than universal polarity both to use and to implement because that complicates UI and the database a lot

10 hours ago, ChangelingRain said:

This change should come coupled with the ability to see the stats for lower ranks of an ability, so people who update the wiki don't have to get the frame a second time to check lower ranks.

I cant disagree more. Every time you link a frame it only shows lvl 0 abilities, we need a toggle to preview max rank stats and abilities for linked frame type items.

7 hours ago, kingpt said:

As a high MR player, sure this change is welcome but I can't stop thinking about the newer players who don't have as many resources nor places to level and still get kicked in the nuts whenever they want to forma something.

What I'm worried about, I am only MR 21, last time I checked and I don't know if a certrin level of players are going to be punished for not wanting to bother with the MR Tests or as you said: New Players.

Although to be fair the change itself is nothing, I rather have my Gear not "un-rank" each time. that will be a better QOL, not a yet another beat around the bush or bandaid fix.

This is a welcome change, however those are still only baby-steps.

15 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Why are ability ranks a thing in 2021? As soon as an abiltiy is unlocked, it should be at its full power.

It made sense back in the day when abilities were mod cards and their rank was directly tied to capacity. Today ability ranks have no purpose, neither for gameplay, nor player's QoL. As an example: Trinity's Link when unlocked has 6 seconds base duration. Why would anyone cast or mod for such a low uptime?
Furthermore, the lvling process is only a short perioud in a frame's lifecycle, as players spend more time with the fully ranked variants while palying. All the information on the intermediate ability ranks creates pointless distraction, confusion and data baggage.
It also doesn't make sense for players to "learn" a Frame while they lvl it, precisely because all abilities start with terrible base stats. In reality an unranked frame is only little more than a weapon platform, while players expect space wizzards. I guarantee you more positiv player reception, if abilities were at their max power when unlocked. This would be such a simple yet extensive QoL improvement.

Please considder this change right now, becasue if You do not update it now, You won't touch or even think about this issue for years.

This is really good. It's one of the few changes that I can wholeheartedly agree with and doesn't leave a sour taste with monkey paw shenanigans.

EDIT: but this would definitely be good. I've never liked the whole ability opening system. If I don't have the abilities available when I first get a frame, I obviously can't try them out. And on the brief occasion when I do get to try them out during the 20 or 40 waves of Hydron it takes to get a frame to 30, they're pretty crappy. So the net result is that I leave with the impression that this frame has no useful functions at all. I haven't cared for any new frame for a long time now and this is a pretty big reason why.

42 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

This is a welcome change, however those are still only baby-steps.

Why are ability ranks a thing in 2021? As soon as an abiltiy is unlocked, it should be at its full power.

It made sense back in the day when abilities were mod cards and their rank was directly tied to capacity. Today ability ranks have no purpose, neither for gameplay, nor player's QoL. As an example: Trinity's Link when unlocked has 6 seconds base duration. Why would anyone cast or mod for such a low uptime?
Furthermore, the lvling process is only a short perioud in a frame's lifecycle, as players spend more time with the fully ranked variants while palying. All the information on the intermediate ability ranks creates pointless distraction, confusion and data baggage.
It also doesn't make sense for players to "learn" a Frame while they lvl it, precisely because all abilities start with terrible base stats. In reality an unranked frame is only little more than a weapon platform, while players expect space wizzards. I guarantee you more positiv player reception, if abilities were at their max power when unlocked. This would be such a simple yet extensive QoL improvement.

Please considder this change right now, becasue if You do not update it now, You won't touch or even think about this issue for years.

Sounds like a half assed change so that abilities are not completely useless anymore while leveling, but thats about it.

A build is usually not working properly until you grinded through multiple formas. So whats the point of using the abilities in the first place, if the the gear item sucks without maxed mods? And if health, energy and so on are still tied to the level, you're most probably still better off to just get levelled up by others efficiently at the usual places than trying to do it yourself.

Archived