Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma & Mastery Rank Dev Workshop

Marcooose

To be totally real with you, DE. There's allot of gear that I just don't care about. For that reason, I'd like to get  affinity toward MR at a diminished rate after the first forma. I want the personalized badges. I want the MR to refer to mastery and not how much I can torcher myself in hydron and ESO. I don't care what the anti-everything people say, real mastery representation is better than what we have now. 

On 2021-09-24 at 8:22 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Tenno,

When we first introduced Forma years ago, Warframe was a much smaller game. We had fewer weapons, fewer Warframes, and way fewer Mods. As players continue their Forma journey, there’s often discussions on doing a Quality of Life (QOL) pass to the way things work with our favourite Golden Puzzle Piece. We’ve a bit of QOL changes in development, and this workshop details out how Forma will soon work on Warframes, Archwings, and Necramechs. 

We want your Mastery Rank to be considered when using Forma to establish a baseline power level for your playable characters!

What does that mean?

If a Mastery Rank 30 player uses a Forma, they won’t have to re-unlock any Abilities (or their Ranks) on a given item! Yes, they’ll still need to level the gear itself to apply another Forma, but the Abilities are no longer locked depending on your Mastery Rank! This achieves our goal of keeping Forma essential to build customization, but allowing players with higher Mastery Ranks a more convenient experience. 

Right now using a Forma on a Warframe (or Archwing/Necramech) requires you to start from 0 when it comes to Abilities you can use. Furthermore, you only get the first Rank of your First ability. Take Valkyr for instance. You install a Forma, and you’re back to only casting unranked Ripline!

Our change will make it so your Mastery Rank impacts how much you have unlocked by default on Forma use.

For instance, a Mastery Rank 10 player would have all abilities unlocked, albeit not at their full strength! 

This ranking process is something players already experience in game - you know by the time you’ve levelled your Valkyr on Hydron to 10, you unlock Hysteria. We are making your Mastery Rank ‘match’ those milestones, so to speak, with the end goal being a Mastery Rank 30 player can use Forma without ever having to be locked out of Abilities. Simply put, the higher your Mastery Rank, the higher the baseline of your gear when using Forma. 

Expect this change in a future Update. 

Sow basically all warframes get downgraded for players that are not mr30 And force players to use more forma to get to mr30. And players that are mr30 they typing yay or good.. I hope players will leave this game.. You can suck on it, if this is true.. just a big stupid nerf to make more money. 

19 minutes ago, DIGITALTUX said:

Sow basically all warframes get downgraded for players that are not mr30 And force players to use more forma to get to mr30. And players that are mr30 they typing yay or good.. I hope players will leave this game.. You can suck on it, if this is true.. just a big stupid nerf to make more money. 

Wrong, all frames get upgraded according to your mastery rank, it's a buff.

37 minutes ago, DIGITALTUX said:

What? It's just the higher your mastery the more ranked your abilities will be when you forma something Mr 10 everything is rank 1, Mr 20 everything rank 2 and 30 rank 3, etc.

It has nothing to do with forcing players or whatever it's just a little QOL

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

What? It's just the higher your mastery the more ranked your abilities will be when you forma something Mr 10 everything is rank 1, Mr 20 everything rank 2 and 30 rank 3, etc.

It has nothing to do with forcing players or whatever it's just a little QOL

Sow mr30 get more abilities power.. or where do they get the power from. If you are not mr30 you lose power after the update. they take away power from low rank players. you get tit back wen you level up mr to a max of 30

1 hour ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Wrong, all frames get upgraded according to your mastery rank, it's a buff.

but first they take it away if you are low rank. if you have a fully upgraded warframe that has lvl 3 abilities and 10 forma.  you lose it, if you are not mr 30. you get it back by leveling it up to mr30. 

Sow this just a stupid nerf. Because now you force players to mr30 if they want to get the max power of the abilities 

4 minutes ago, DIGITALTUX said:

Sow mr30 get more abilities power.. or where do they get the power from. If you are not mr30 you lose power after the update. they take away power from low rank players. you get tit back wen you level up mr to a max of 30

Currently if you forma anything all your abilities get reset, after this little update the more mastery you have the more abilities unlocked form an unranked Warframe you'll get. Low rank players benefit from this from as low as Mr 3 where the 2nd ability unlocks

4 minutes ago, DIGITALTUX said:

but first they take it away if you are low rank. 

Please READ the initial post; nothing will be taken away from anybody!
Its simply gives you a little QoL bonus if you get higher in the MR ranks.
It is a buff, a little one and not necessary in my opinion, but it is a buff.
Take it and say thank you DE

-c0y

1 minute ago, DIGITALTUX said:

okay.. in your perspective.. what will happen wen you are mr10 and have a fully upgraded and unlocked warframe with 10 forma. 

Your warframe turns lvl0 , but with all 4 abilities available because you are MR10

-c0y

Just now, DIGITALTUX said:

yeah..  but not at their full strength! they nerf the strength and give it back wen you grow to mr30.. !?

The full power is back at LVL30 for the warframe (like before), not MR30.
It seems you mixed it up a little.

-c0y

Just now, _COY_ said:

The full power is back at LVL30 for the warframe (like before), not MR30.
It seems you mixed it up a little.

-c0y

If this is the case. than i'm happy that i mixed up lvl 30 and mr 30. i'm trying to understand what will happen. 
Now i need to try to trust them again.. because trust is lost with game developers the last few years. 

Honestly, while this change is for the better (it's basically an extension of the mod capacity at mr), honestly I'd rather have a complete revamp of the antiquated forma system. 

Considering how many weapons we can have, not to mention when a prime/prisma/wraith comes out, the need to keep re levelling them becomes incredibly boring, especially for those of us at high MR because we've done it a LOT....  I doubt it will be changed, got to keep selling those affinity boosters but honestly I HATE having to keep relevelling stuff after a forma.

Yeah it might not take long if you're doing an approach that is focused on gaining affinity but we all know it's a royal pain for warframes which don't have any offensive abilities.

Personally, I'd use more forma, which would likely involve buying forma, if I didn't need to go through the whole levelling process each time.  Currently I only use the forma on select weapons which means I can get all I need from running a few relics, so no sales for DE.  Basically if the whole forma process was more 'disposable' I'd do it more and as such have a higher usage of said forma.... we all know DE wants to sell as many forma as possible so why not make it so we use more.....

I'd also like the forma to either just straight up half the cost of the slot or have the ability to have multiple polarities on the same slot, hell make each polarity another forma to increase the usage and keep those sales coming in.

EDIT: actually if I think about it the entire mod system could do with a spring clean.... could you maybe implement a slider on each mod, even if it's just the primed versions, so we can downgrade them rather than needing to remove/replace etc when levelling etc due to lack of capacity etc.... basically I want to keep my builds even if the capacity isn't there.

3 hours ago, DIGITALTUX said:

but first they take it away if you are low rank. if you have a fully upgraded warframe that has lvl 3 abilities and 10 forma.  you lose it, if you are not mr 30. you get it back by leveling it up to mr30. 

Sow this just a stupid nerf. Because now you force players to mr30 if they want to get the max power of the abilities 

You're not making any sense, they are GIVING players a literal hand on leveling up frames not taking anything away it's a quality of life change.

People don't read things correctly or only want to read what fits there agenda or what they choose to read..

So I'll do my best to make it very clear what others have said..

The new QOL change is a very good & welcome much needed change because it's actually a buff based on MR that allows you access to more of your abilities from the start when forming warframes...

The best way to put it is you lose absolutely nothing..

Because regardless of your MR you will still have access to all your powers even at full strength even if you forma you warframe.

The only difference is At MR 30 all abilities are unlocked & at full strength after placing a forma on them .

That means a MR 30 can put a forma on a new frame & have access to all abilities immediately even when the warframe is at Rank 0 

The same rule applies to current frames as it stands right now if you forma a warframe you reset it to level 0 & all abilities are relocked until l your warframe reaches level 10.. then you have to rank it up to 30 to be at full strength..

Now at MR 30 you put a forma Into your frame resetting it to 0 all your warframe abilities are unlocked at level 0 instead of 10 & at full strength at 0 instead of 30..

I'm currently at mr29 if I'm not at 30 when new update arrives all my abilities will be unlocked but my 4th abilities on my warframes will not be at rank 3 & full strength until I rank up my warframe to level 30.. if I chose to forma a frame 

I would still be strong like a MR30 player I just wouldn't be until my warframe level was at 30..

In summary the only advantage a mr 30 will have is all 4 of there abilities would be unlocked & at full strength at warframe level 0 instead of 30..

I hope this explains things better for those confused good luck..

Does this really need a workshop ? Seems pretty Straight Forward if you ask me....

On 2021-10-05 at 11:05 AM, DIGITALTUX said:

Uhm.... What ?

There's no Downgrade happening here... Literally everybody who is MR1 or Higher will be getting a better Leveling Experience compared to what we have now since right now even MR 30 players start with 3/4 of their Abilities locked and Unranked just like MR 0 Players....

On 2021-10-05 at 12:25 PM, DIGITALTUX said:

It's the exact opposite....

Right now If you apply Forma you lose all your Power regardless of your Mastery Rank... After the Update... Applying Forma lets you keep some power based on your Mastery Rank.

On 2021-10-05 at 12:27 PM, DIGITALTUX said:

but first they take it away if you are low rank. if you have a fully upgraded warframe that has lvl 3 abilities and 10 forma.  you lose it, if you are not mr 30. you get it back by leveling it up to mr30

Okay I give up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯... I'm sorry I was up all night so I don't have the energy to unravel whatever "this" is...

On 2021-10-05 at 1:14 PM, LSG501 said:

Honestly, while this change is for the better (it's basically an extension of the mod capacity at mr), honestly I'd rather have a complete revamp of the antiquated forma system

And Affinity Acquisition as a whole.... But I guess we'll get there eventually....one QoL change at a time 😛

On 2021-10-06 at 6:16 PM, Lance_Lionroar said:

Some of the replies on this thread have made me lose brain cells. It's laughable that some people can't wrap their head around a QoL change and are calling it a nerf.

I mean... It would be laughable if it wasn't so Shocking 😱 !!!

You know what DE should do... They should make opting in to this Change Optional.... Then we'll see just how many of them will stick to the old System....

On 2021-10-05 at 11:44 AM, DIGITALTUX said:

Now i need to try to trust them again.. because trust is lost with game developers the last few years. 

Good luck with that, as they'll just do something again that will break it. I say don't try to at this point, let the game do what it's want, if it falls apart, then well, what can you do?. 🤷‍♂️

While you're at it can you do something about Affinity Acquisition and Distribution.... Specifically when it comes to Pets and Vehicles.... Pets literally get 0 Affinity from Player Kills (Specifically when Solo) and it would be nice to be able to level Vehicles without having to Use them since there's a Finite number of places to use them.... 

Can you do this for me ? It's my Birthday next month and this would make for an Amazing Present ♥️ !!!

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

While you're at it can you do something about Affinity Acquisition and Distribution.... Specifically when it comes to Pets and Vehicles.... Pets literally get 0 Affinity from Player Kills (Specifically when Solo) and it would be nice to be able to level Vehicles without having to Use them since there's a Finite number of places to use them.... 

Can you do this for me ? It's my Birthday next month and this would make for an Amazing Present ♥️ !!!

early Happy Birthday to you :)

17 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Happy Pre-Birthday. Hope it's a good one. 

Pet Affinity is a major problem for solo players. 

Archived