Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma & Mastery Rank Dev Workshop

Marcooose

6 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Happy Pre-Birthday. Hope it's a good one. 

Pet Affinity is a major problem for solo players. 

I found easy Affinity for mine- Scavenger mod plus placing offense mods top left. Take Vaquaera my Smeeta, her top row is-

Pounce, Sharpened Claws, Swipe, Charm, Maul. I also gave her Hunter mods so I heal when she hits but Scavenger has her gain Affinity every attempt at opening lockers- any idea how many lockers per mission?

Oddly last I needed to do it, Kubrows always had 20 Affinity but my Kavats could gain 40 or more which made 0 sense...

5 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I found easy Affinity for mine- Scavenger mod plus placing offense mods top left. Take Vaquaera my Smeeta, her top row is-

Pounce, Sharpened Claws, Swipe, Charm, Maul. I also gave her Hunter mods so I heal when she hits but Scavenger has her gain Affinity every attempt at opening lockers- any idea how many lockers per mission?

Oddly last I needed to do it, Kubrows always had 20 Affinity but my Kavats could gain 40 or more which made 0 sense...

And it's acceptable solo players have to do this roundabout way rather than pets just earn a percent of any affinity you gain without leeching it off you? 

9 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

And it's acceptable solo players have to do this roundabout way rather than pets just earn a percent of any affinity you gain without leeching it off you? 

Scavenger all Affinity goes to pet; all others are between her and your Frame.

Affinity items iirc give most to active weapon then everything else fairly. But if cat kills enemy, only cat gets Affinity your Frame maaay get some.

This is why Spy and more modern RJ are recommended leveling methods as flawless Data theft grants whole loadout hefty Affinity and RJ is popular as an alternative to Spy

On 2021-09-24 at 8:24 PM, Synpai said:

This is so nice, but I really wish MR could be tied to starting level after forma :[

Even if it takes a special forma

This! so much this! What always kept me from using forma more was the drag of levelling anything back up. Too tiresome with the huge arsenal. On some things it won't be over with ONE forma, some things need 4. So 4 times the drag -.-

2 hours ago, Silescere said:

This! so much this! What always kept me from using forma more was the drag of levelling anything back up. Too tiresome with the huge arsenal. On some things it won't be over with ONE forma, some things need 4. So 4 times the drag -.-

you did see Nights of Naberus right? That is the update that MR affects a Forma'd frame. Thing is as has been stated, if MR conferred to weapon Rank; it would mean MR30 had a level skip- it would be just a Polarity swap/ addition instead. 

No level skip- uhh yes. If 30 is max Rank on anything (Mechs, Kuva, Tenet and Paracesis are exempt here) and you have MR30 granting 30 Ranks, plus Polarity edit and in the Warframe cases; all abilities; just on a Forma use then it definitely is a level skip which kiiinda defeats that aspect of the game and it would make MR30 the new MR16 as currently only MR16 is considered absolute essential being anything released is craftable/ usable.

On 2021-09-26 at 7:58 AM, V45H said:

also i really wish that when you formad a slot it didnt overide that polarity instead just added another one on

You know this could be the bonus for MRL1+ because nothing else is in it for us .. this would make it worth doing and give us something to do while we wait for DE to fix the missing codex enemies.. hell i re-forma a lot just because it give me something to do.. but if each forma i put on added another polarity to the mod space i'd have a plan to keep me busy for the next 12 months ... again while waiting for DE to fix the broken codex .. (if you miss the point DE, its we (MRL1+) dont have anything worthwhile to do because all you do is make things for casuals)  hows about doing just 1 thing .. just 1.. for the long term players.. but I wont hold my breath ;) 

20 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

you did see Nights of Naberus right? That is the update that MR affects a Forma'd frame. Thing is as has been stated, if MR conferred to weapon Rank; it would mean MR30 had a level skip- it would be just a Polarity swap/ addition instead. 

No level skip- uhh yes. If 30 is max Rank on anything (Mechs, Kuva, Tenet and Paracesis are exempt here) and you have MR30 granting 30 Ranks, plus Polarity edit and in the Warframe cases; all abilities; just on a Forma use then it definitely is a level skip which kiiinda defeats that aspect of the game and it would make MR30 the new MR16 as currently only MR16 is considered absolute essential being anything released is craftable/ usable.

I did see the update and am capeable of reading the patchnotes, tyvm.

Since I don't get your point with explaining to me what has been stated in the OP, I clearly said that levelling back up is a drag.  I don't mind the abilities tbh^^  And the person I quoted also didn't mean the abilities, but the frames / stuff in itself.

In addition or rather solely, I wished for a level skip (if I may use your phrasing) for wepons. There's many good weapons aside from Zaws and Kitguns that are good, if modded right, but stupidly grinding a number from 0 to 30 again has never been enjoyable to me. So I keep collecting weapons, but only equip the stronger ones which might require 1 Forma tops. Which I find a pity, even though it is my choice. Just giving some insight.

MR even with level skip wouldn't be "essential", but a huge QoL improvement. There's no "defeating the aspect of the game", you got enough grind going on. To even get to that high MR, you had your fair share of aspect alright. It was also suggested by the player I quoted, that this skipping action may even require a specific forma and I wished that was a thing.

Hope that claryfies it.

14 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

You know this could be the bonus for MRL1+ because nothing else is in it for us .. this would make it worth doing and give us something to do while we wait for DE to fix the missing codex enemies.. hell i re-forma a lot just because it give me something to do.. but if each forma i put on added another polarity to the mod space i'd have a plan to keep me busy for the next 12 months ... again while waiting for DE to fix the broken codex .. (if you miss the point DE, its we (MRL1+) dont have anything worthwhile to do because all you do is make things for casuals)  hows about doing just 1 thing .. just 1.. for the long term players.. but I wont hold my breath ;) 

MR is not indicative of time spent or skill tbh.

Example; guy starts up today, joins his friends in their Clan. Clan carry him through Star Chart, trade him Primes, Vandals, Syndicates etc. whilst farming rep. Guy hits Hydron and then MRL1 in a month - it is feasible.

Like others, I have been at the game for 3 years; MR28 when I pass the Mastery Rank Up Test.

You say he should have bonuses for being MRL1, yet he's played two months so far and has it. You also say something for longterm players which includes me but I'm not MRL1- see how they can't use MR solely?

I know players here for as long or longer than me and they stayed at MR16 as content-wise you can farm and build anything in the game, get Rivens etc. at that point- there is no incentive to progress to MRL1 as MR30 would auto-level your stuff if Forma'd if some here have their way and it offers a buff yet that's a very niche reason to grind MR.

TLDR: MR is -not- indicative of either player skill or time played in the game

I think this thread is going the way of getting an additional ranking for skills rather than number of equipment pieces owned.

Which I am totally for, doing challenges and feats à la mastery rank test and xbox badges sounds like a blast and a more interesting way to have thing to do in the game than the weekly nightwaves. Plus, flex the epicness of your style in tearing through the Solar system Tenno~

Replies in this thread are weird.

I see this change as a win. I'll be happy to have it.  As this is most of the reason I don't want to forma warframes. Other than umbra and aura forma.  The juice isn't worth the squeeze.  Starting off with all of my abilities instead of square one would have me doing it more often. 

13 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

TLDR: MR is -not- indicative of either player skill or time played in the game

It's literally just a number that Dictates how much longer you may Grind for... 😝 I wonder why people place so much value in it...

On 2021-10-12 at 11:15 AM, (PSN)Claudija said:

Personally I don't see a reason why they can't change it so MR unlocks the level of xp for an item when adding a forma, MR doesn't really mean much in game when you can just buy some things with real money to skip the whole mr restrictions that are in place... in essence there is already a 'level skip' in game, its just using real money.

And lets be honest if a player is level 30 (or anywhere near close to it) at this point in the game you have to be honest and say they've done their grind, (whether it was 'condensed' with a clan or over multiple years) they deserve a little bit of an 'easier' ride when it comes to things like adding forma and relevelling... think about how many times they'll have levelled up to get to rank 30. (489 weapons, 81 warframes, then the sentinels/companions/railjack etc....seriously it's well over 500 items),   

Not to mention when you're basically just copying over a build from a non prime weapon/frame on to a prime one, seriously this is literally the most annoying thing to do for me...  Honestly the whole process of relevelling a weapon/frame is monotonous, especially when you need to do it 7+ times...I've got a 14 (I think) forma build on titania (prime is a few less) and khora is around the same for example due to the weapons and frame/companion all needing their own forma, plenty of others things are 7+ forma due to no built in polarities (thanks DE...)... even with the most optimal approach that was a pain in the behind to do, and khora prime will come along at some point to do it all over again.

It's not really going to change much in terms of the game for them, they'll already have their 'meta' builds sorted and all a 'forma level time skip' will do is give them a bit more freedom to play around with different builds etc. 

Archived