Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Overview: 157

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

25 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Does anyone know about the lighting fixes.. which side on the picture is before and which is after? The previous changes completely messed up the game for me so I'm kinda worried that this will just continue down the road of everything being too bright and me having to wear sunglasses to play :S

left to right

FDpAQtWPdXTEARt90LT9RJZXwpViQ847ny_PBCGxtMLJ66MtWCwaYuvlsWEDzPpEPLEBHButkoThIYjFblWRYCGkjnXLLd5xk_MMZpEeflYD604-fnE2dlB5rWkp9kno4Bg9F57X=s0

Those forma changes are amazing, glad that is going to happen.

Not convinced on the nyx changes however. Call me crazy but I dont think the damage numbers on the mind controlled target were the biggest problem, especially not when combining it with bolts. What the controlled AI needs is to be immune to knockdowns and staggers, additionally Gun wielding targets should not be baited into their clunky melee strikes by enemies. Removing restrictions on her 4 aug is good, I wish something more was done with the damage buff you get after detonating it. Currently reactivating her 4 removes it instantly and the base duration is also kinda lackluster.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

its pretty much like say your 4th skill requires the warframe to be rank 10 atm to even use the rank 1 version of it.

Now if you are MR30 you can just straight up use all 4 of your warframe skills even if the warframe is rank 0 since you are MR rank 30.

AKA easier for high MR players to level warframes.

that was just few waves in Sanctuary onslaught lol

If I understood correctly, also I wasn't around for operators introduction so I don't know exactly if there were only 2 voices then they added 2 more some time later, the recast is probably a good idea because trying to copy the performance of someone else is just not right it will lack the same impact the first one had.

They should let the voice actor do their own thing instead of trying to do the same cause in the end it can turn robotic and maybe even just bad sometimes

39 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

They said all the way back to TSD.

I didn't get a hint of attempted retconning. Geoff simply pointed out that some actors have to mimic the work done by the previous actor and it doesn't sound quite right. Look at Bayonetta 3 for example. The new actress is close, but you can tell she's no Hellena Taylor.

Sounded to me like it wasn't just about the voiceacting.

We are thinking about recasting Operators. And it's something we don't take very lightly. But we do think there's a few story reasons why we might have to do that, and so we're kind of kicking the tires on some of that old stuff that would have to be retroactive all the way to the second dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQh1izAuf4&t=3924s

They said they'd tell us more once it's decided so we'll just have to wait and see.

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If I understood correctly, also I wasn't around for operators introduction so I don't know exactly if there were only 2 voices then they added 2 more some time later, the recast is probably a good idea because trying to copy the performance of someone else is just not right it will lack the same impact the first one had.

They should let the voice actor do their own thing instead of trying to do the same cause in the end it can turn robotic and maybe even just bad sometimes

to what i recall 2 masculine and 2 feminine voice packs were available at launch, the problem is down the years they couldnt always get the original voice actors to do new lines, so some newer actors mimicking the old were done 

Just now, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

to what i recall 2 masculine and 2 feminine voice packs were available at launch, the problem is down the years they couldnt always get the original voice actors to do new lines, so some newer actors mimicking the old were done 

Oh I see that's even worse than what I thought

thanks as always Mako!

- Glad that Nyx is finally going to get some love, even though it's not the drastic rework I was hoping for. I think at the very least she might become mid-tier, but we'll wait and see.

- curious about the "Werewolf frame" or whatever theme the non-bipedal frame is gonna have; DE are finally showing that they might be willing to get us a long-desired beast frame (now people won't have to ask anymore lol),. but I wouldn't expect this frame until quite some time after New War, especially given how hard it likely is to right up an entirely new skeleton and give it proper animations without it being janky AF. how hard would it be, I'm not sure, but I'm sure if it were as easy as copying Hyena animations and slapping them on a frame, DE would have done it long ago.

- the Forma changes will definitely be welcome, though it is starting to get to a point where I wonder why we still have rank resets: if MY MR rank means thaat I still have full mod capacity, and now I'll also not have to re-level powers, then is there really any point to having it reset the rank at all? why not just let it give the polarity and keep it at rank 30?

- glad Naberus is back, definitely gonna look at getting that Bat-Wing Ephemera.

- Hildryn's deluxe is pretty interesting, it kinda looks like a more ornate version of a Vex Minotaur from Destiny. just the overall form and the colouring, she wouldn't look out of place in the Vault of Glass lol. weird Axe skin too but looks OK.

- weapon skins are also pretty weird. the top one looks like it's probably for a launcher like Tonkor or what have you; the other one gives me Zylok vibes, but it's a break action, so kinda strange lol. glad they're in the Leverian anyway, makes them easy to get and proves DE haven't forgotten about the Leverian yet.

overall, some really nice surprises here!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

Thank gawd you guys didn't ruin Nyx lol.

I need to be honest here: When Nyx came up, my heart stopped beating till I knew that they did not change her that much. That would have been awful, since Nyx is one of the most amazing Warframes for Steel Path or other hard content (sisters, liches)

7 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Nyx-some changes

Those look promising but... Idk if it'll put her on tier with everyone else. That biggest issue with mind control is also how slow they attack. Also an overwhelming lack of synergy overall with her kit. But I won't complain about buffs for one of my fav frames.

If I were to make some basic changes to Nyx I'd say targets effected by bolts before mind controlled attack more frequently.

The amount of bolts created can be increased by ability strength.

Enemies effected by bolts and Chaos can no longer hurt Nyx. But can still build up damage for absorption.

Absorption consumes less energy and spreads the effect of bolt (not the stun just v the debuff) to new enemies. 

Absorption augment should disable sprinting and parkour but no other movement penalty and keep dodge roll.

There. Some basic synergy that retains her core kit. No radical rework.

10 hours ago, RichardKam said:

I love anthropomorphic character, looking forward to the werewolf frame concept.

I want a Lizard Warframe. It can switch between bi-pedal and quadru-pedal walking modes. When on all fours, the Lizard Frame would be able to to freely travel on any surface, wall, and ceiling!

X2sbdxP.jpg

Archived