The Nyx changes mentioned in the devstream!

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I'm happy that DE are tweaking nyx again! Especially mind control (Favorite ability in the game for me, yes i genuinely love it)

However! Why add base 500 damage for Mind control target? Doesn't Mind freak exist? My Mind control deals more than enough damage already WHEN it hits something.

The problem isn't the damage it's the frequency of attacking.

Why not make the MC target change their priorities to Enemies affected by psychic bolts? 

The least you can do is change Mind freak to make it add 100% speed to MC target instead of damage since it will have the equivalent of Mind freak mod installed in it already.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m wondering if the change is more for players new to Nyx, who can’t rack up crazy bonus damage or who don’t have Mind Freak (which I’m looking forward to combining with the changed damage bonus)

Hang on a sec...is it a base sperate 500 damage bonus that scale with mods, or is it base 500 damage bonus from the damage multiplier that it gets when hitting the target? 

if it's the former then that means it's literally a Mind freak mod being installed without actually using it, if it's the latter then Mind freak might still be useful i guess.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Hang on a sec...is it a base sperate 500 damage bonus that scale with mods, or is it base 500 damage bonus from the damage multiplier that it gets when hitting the target? 

if it's the former then that means it's literally a Mind freak mod being installed without actually using it, if it's the latter then Mind freak might still be useful i guess.

Picture said “Base 500% damage increase”, which yeah I interpreted as basically a Mind Freak pre-installed. Mind Freak + Mind Freak

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I’m curious to see the teleporting ally. I’m hoping it’s not too frequent and all over the place since I like running alongside my friend; makes it feel like we’re a dynamic trio when my dog’s included. It does make me wonder if it’d be easier to pull them out of their hiding spot at times

26 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m curious to see the teleporting ally. I’m hoping it’s not too frequent and all over the place since I like running alongside my friend; makes it feel like we’re a dynamic trio when my dog’s included. It does make me wonder if it’d be easier to pull them out of their hiding spot at times

it would probably be like Wukong's clone, i don't mind it all, because it makes my superpowered Mind control target constantly active

i won't have to wait for mind control ancients anymore, as well as they won't be wandering off on their own.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Why not make the MC target change their priorities to Enemies affected by psychic bolts? 

The least you can do is change Mind freak to make it add 100% speed to MC target instead of damage since it will have the equivalent of Mind freak mod installed in it already.

Yup! Mind controlled targets spend a lot of their time in cover / walking around not attacking anything. Increasing damage does nothing if the AI doesn't actually attack.

It's like buffing the sprint speed of a turret.

• Like 3

I wish they also did elemental damage similar to what we shoot them with.

The damage of enemies versus enemies was never that great.

But on the plus side , an aggro absorber near you at all times will be useful. I rarely mind control regular units , I usually use utility units like shield ospreys and ancients, makes me realise how few support units grineer have.

Grineer really should have some sort of medic unit to use better.

As annnounced on the Devstream :

1) Nyx Mind control will get a duration buff and give the target a  500% base damage multiplier : this last part is just the integration of Mind Control Aug Mod on the base ability. The question is : what will the augmentation mod become now ? And a target teleportation, just like Wukngs twin, will be added to give Nyx a better protection. Just a detail : if you hit the enem target by Mind Control while he's stunned, damage multiplier will be much greater than 500%, as the ability is now : I usually have about 1000% damage multiplier on them.

Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

il y a une heure, Sevek7 a dit :

Yup! Mind controlled targets spend a lot of their time in cover / walking around not attacking anything. Increasing damage does nothing if the AI doesn't actually attack.

That's the point ! I absolutely agree. Even with a 1000% damege multiplier, Mind controlled enemies sometimes just doesn't seem to attack at all : they are just there walking around. A funny application of this ability is controlling cameras on Corpus missions, as they will not activate while under Mind control, which is great for Spy missions.

2) Psychic bolts will stun enemis on contact : it's just like the effect of Mind Control or Chaos when they affect enemies. Tthe Aug Mod does the same, but it has a much longer duration and can stun enemis for a long time with some duration mods. Well, almost no change, but this ability is already broken and on of the most useful and precious abilities in the game : it allows to kill very fast any enemy, even bosses, kuva lich, sister of Parvos... They couldn't do better than this.

3) Nyx Absorb will have base range buff (from 100 to 15m), but a max cap range nerf (from 75m to 50m), no damage change, and it's Aug Mod will now allows rolling (which is great, but moving through weapon combo moves are much faster than rolling, as the attack speed is not affected by the speed reduction of Assimilate).

Absorb, with max range and some power strengh mods was an ability used to cestroy vary fast a defese wave (as its damage bypasses all obstacles) and at the same time protect the defense target. As its damage diminishes with distance, the max cap range nerf means also a damage nerf.

I just love Nyx and with Trinity and Banshee, she is one of my three main frames, and I really waited for a long time for some changes, mostly on her first ability. I'm pretty glad they didn't change a lot of things because I love her 2nd, 3rd and 4th abilities as they are.

The best changes I think they did are the teleportation on Mind controlled targed and to allow rolling with Assimilate.

But I don(t really like the nerf of Absorb. The reason they did it, is the same reason for some recent changes on Survival and Sabotage mission : AFK players on Defense missions, very often on Hydron, where a squad of 4 players (being AFK of course) can gain XP very fast with a Nyx using a max range Absorb. As always, they want to prevent the misuse of some frames' abilities.

• Like 2

It’s not enough. They’ve barely done anything. Again, I’m so disappointed in DE. Like I’m glad they’ve walked back from “no, we aren’t reworking anything,” but these changes just scream that they had no idea what Nyx’s problems are, what she needs or what’s holding her back.

Im so tired of seeing wasted design space and half baked ideas.

7 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

she is one of my three main frames

Currently, she's the Best Warframe for me, i love Mind control so much and take it seriously and mod for it.

i explained everything here, and even highlighted three i think are great buffs for mind control, changing the behavior of the MC target based on if they were affected by Psychic bolts or chaos.