Whats the go with Duviri Paradox?

CorpsePuncher

Tennocon 2019: Duviri Paradox Reveal

2019-21: Void crickets...........

So basically, is it still a thing?

I know you guys at DE are working hard on the New War and i understand its a big undertaking (especially with the current world crisis setting everyone back 2 years and counting), but can we get some info in regards to the Paradox?

c8fc6ac4a177d81cde82f0f3fa959afc.png

yea i know, but im assuming there is work being done on it even tid bits.

Not everything is being dedicated to the New War (most resources are) so i was hoping for ANY info on anything in regards to Duviri, like even concept art or sound design themes even. I basically wanna know weather its been scrapped or not, it would suck if it is scrapped but i couldn't blame DE for doing that if they do.

But yeah im looking forward to playing as a grineer and corpus, not so much teshin because to me he feels more of the same. 

The only thing we got until now is the very short view of the Void's open space and the Void Dragon while Railjack is charging. Nothing more was added to the in game content since that.

As they announced, the priority is the New War, after that Croos Play and Cross Save, and perhaps after this we'll have some news on Duviri Paradox.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CorpsePuncher said:

I basically wanna know weather its been scrapped or not, it would suck if it is scrapped but i couldn't blame DE for doing that if they do.

I would say there's nothing that suggests its been scrapped, just them putting the main focus on The New War and trying to not hype up updates that aren't coming anytime soon like Duviri. Basically going by what was said at either this last Tennocon or the one before as sticking to things that are "coming up relatively soon", while not hyping up things farther down the line. I'd say don't expect to see Duviri soon but that, that in and of itself isn't to say its been scrapped. Just that it won't be talked about till its heavily underway which won't be till after TNW and possible crossplay/cross-save is done (only going by the way those were talked about in the latest Devstream).

Basically Marvel isn't going to talk about its 2040 slate, if we're only in the 2021 slate of movies/shows. Doesn't mean that there isn't said slate, translate that concept over to Duviri and DE.

Edited by CrimsonXX

Since the drama over the Railjack delays DE isn't showing things that aren't close to shipping. New War was to happen first and it got forcefully delayed due to the pandemic plus they still needed to pump out new content until it's done. And since crossplay is now a confirmed thing it was likely taking up other dev time in the background and is the next priority.

So my bet is on them having not much more than some storyboarding and a handful of assets made for Duviri. But regardless I wouldn't expect to hear anything more than "yes it'll happen eventually" until they have most of the gameplay done. And even then they may stick to full radio silence as since the reveal it may have become something entirely different.

DE realised back in 2019 that showing stuff off in the literal concept art phase that's to come after stuff also in the concept art phase was a bad idea.

It's highly unlikely it's been scrapped considering how much legwork they've put into foreshadowing it. The worm can be seen in both Railjack and Deimos and we have multiple 'entrance points' that DE can use as ways to lead into it, being both Railjack and Deimos again. We've heard of direct void exploration, seen a character (at least one remotely piloting a Necramech) leave out of the void, and gone directly into it ourselves. We've even got a potential direct reference through the Necramech syndicate lore.

Spoiler

Albrecht Entrati describes how he entered into the void, and there was a solid floor and had stuff in it. Potentially being the first visit or the genesis of the Duviri Plane.

• Like 1

it'll arrive Soon™, probably a long time after the New War. I reckon the plot sill go something like "you can only beat the sentients by goign to Duviri, reuniting with your "real" self, and coming back with insane new powers; calling it now, Duviri is basically the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ: we go in as we are now, we come out as a super void-jacked tenno that melt sentients with the flick of a wrist.

I just hope and pray to every deity in every culture that Duviri isn't going to be like the other open words and have us catching Void-fish, taming Void-Horses and mining for interdimensional void minerals..

Well, that part about recasting (and consolidating) Operator voices during the Devstream got me thinking.  Clearly I have no more information than any one else so all of this is speculation, but...  Could the Operator grow up as part of the New War storyline?  So the recast/consolidation is necessary to provide adult voices?  And since we know Duviri is about a grown up Operator losing all void powers, that would be a segue into the void open world which will be the next big release.

As well, this got me thinking: given all the weirdness around Erra that other players have noticed in the previews, could Erra actually be controlled by the Man in the Wall?  So perhaps the "real enemy" is the void entity all along, and after we defeat the Sentient threat in the New War, we go after the puppet master pulling the strings?

Again, all of this is speculation, but I believe they are possible twists that can lead us to the Duviri Paradox next...

On 2021-09-25 at 12:46 AM, CorpsePuncher said:

i was hoping for ANY info on anything in regards to Duviri, like even concept art or sound design themes.

DE made that mistake once already with Planes of Duvri (And the New War).They want to avoid that a second time. 

That's why they are silent on it. Because of the communities incessant nagging that's been going on for the past 3 years. 

Not that it isn't warranted. They did it to themselves when they showed there cards waaay to early.

Honestly: I hope they don't say a word about it. Kinda like what they did with Hearts of Deimos. I honestly hope they just do a condensed trailer and say it's "it's the next update" when it's eventually ready.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim

Duviri got postponed since The New War got postponed due to covid, which instead ment we got Deimos, content that was more aimed to be after both The New War and Duviri. This was because Deimos needed less in-studio work than the other two. And now they are working on The New War so that should mean that Duviri will come some time after that.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Duviri got postponed since The New War got postponed due to covid, which instead ment we got Deimos, content that was more aimed to be after both The New War and Duviri. This was because Deimos needed less in-studio work than the other two. And now they are working on The New War so that should mean that Duviri will come some time after that.

Duvri will likely be the big tennocon reveal (again) and we'll get it a year after New War.

That's kinda how it goes lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If I had to take a wildly speculative guess, Id say duviri is where we will go when the new war starts.  Hence all the other faction and character gameplay.  The tenno are seemingly missing in action in most of the gameplay reveal during tennocon 2021.  That leads me to believe that we will be incapacitated somehow, transported to duviri, find our escape back into the origin system and arrive too late.  After the end of the Kahl scene with Erra standing over him saying "dont be afraid"  It shows us random cut scenes, one of them being an excalibur landing in the plains of eidolon witnessing the aftermath of the sentient invasion on the plains and cetus.  Doesn't this hint at something to you?  It does to me, or maybe i just have an active imagination.  IDK  =}  cant wait.  plz dont suck.

Le 25/09/2021 à 05:15, CorpsePuncher a dit :

Tennocon 2019: Duviri Paradox Reveal

2019-21: Void crickets...........

So basically, is it still a thing?

I know you guys at DE are working hard on the New War and i understand its a big undertaking (especially with the current world crisis setting everyone back 2 years and counting), but can we get some info in regards to the Paradox?

c8fc6ac4a177d81cde82f0f3fa959afc.png

So you do know they're already hard at work on something else then... there's your answer, they busy, be patient.