Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Parazon Finishers give energy/health.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Honestly that still wouldn't be enough to make most people use Parazon finishers. 

There are already dozens of quick and easy methods to gain energy and health, parazon finishers would be one of the absolute slowest and therefore least efficient.

I would much rather have parazon finishers activate short QOL buffs like increased reload speed, ammo efficiency, holster speed, etc... That might make it worthwhile for certain playstyles. 

for end game players sure parazon feels slow and what not.. but i do perform them myself since it's animation is so damn good. can't wait for more animation to be added in to the mix. 

for your health energy idea, we do got mods for that which has some % drop chance for it. but we just have 3 mod slots for parazon, so choose wisely if you really want that. there are lot of good mods to choose from. check codex for mod list or wiki it

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I just think that there's not enough incentive to use the finishers. Forgive me if there's already a mod that does this. 

there is already a mod that does this for health ammo and energy...

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_For_Ammo

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_For_Energy

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_For_Life

hace 3 horas, (PSN)Spider_Enigma dijo:

In any case, DE should buff them, for example, to heal percentages and not just give health orbs. Or that they give energy 100% of the time and not only 50%, sincerely I have not seen anyone using it, or recommending it, or looking for it. 

And something like that but more empowered would give a better utility to the Parazón and that is not an attempt to "haha I killed you in a cool way while all my companions killed 50 more enemies during the animation"

3 hours ago, AJAL8000 said:

In any case, DE should buff them, for example, to heal percentages and not just give health orbs. Or that they give energy 100% of the time and not only 50%, sincerely I have not seen anyone using it, or recommending it, or looking for it. 

And something like that but more empowered would give a better utility to the Parazón and that is not an attempt to "haha I killed you in a cool way while all my companions killed 50 more enemies during the animation"

Ah I see blood for energy. 50% seems like a reasonable percentage. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

The energy one being something that should probably be moved a lot further forward in the starchart, so that early game players can have a decent improvement to their energy economy instead of the mod coming at a point you're probably already swimming in energy.

Parazon animation is slow (it was awesome when melee attack speed buffs increased its speed, but it got "fixed") and clunky, as the camera is randomly zoomed and focused on "mostly" the warframe, so half of the action is not seen by default, because the enemy isn't even on the screen and/or is inside a random texture.

I only use blood for energy from the finisher mods, because it's great for early energy boost on thralls/hounds, however the 50% energy drop chance rng makes some distaste, but there is just no better mod. I don't use the new mercy kill speed mod, because I rather just skip mercy killing if I can and keep the 50% energy rng start on first mercy kill in the mission gamble instead.

The animations really shouldn't be more than 1-1,5 second and we lose all focus and momentum because of the excessive zoom and random camera movement.

Edit: Oh well, instead of using the parazon on a single enemy, simply killing multiple enemies are much easier, comfortable and efficient. The enemies we are supposed to mercy kill should be much more special.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Doesn't matter since you only would use it on heavy units. I use it pretty often after about 3 hours on steel path MOT.

I don't play many hour survivals, however I played Doom 2016/Eternal and that game keeps the glory kills fluid even in first-person, while mercy kills disconnect me from the game.

There are actually quite a few mods for parazon that make it worth it 

I personally run blood for energy, power drain and auto breach on my default loadout.

Acceptable power boost and the energy to use it for my channeling frames.

Also if you didn't know they trigger any effects that need finishers , pairs very nicely with a few arcanes.

On 2021-09-25 at 1:07 AM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I just think that there's not enough incentive to use the finishers. Forgive me if there's already a mod that does this. 

There are mods that already do this. Blood for Life is a 37% drop from Vay Hek and has a 100% chance to drop a health orb on mercy, Blood for Energy is a ~1% drop from Ambulas spawns in normal missions on Pluto and has a 50% chance to drop an energy orb on mercy.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Parazon_Mods

Archived