Making the game easier for handicap

(XBOX)trevonator007

I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and love Warframe but some things are harder to do. 1 thing i think can be difficult is melee it is a lot easier after I made it so RT melees after I hit B but the repetitive tapping of either button/trigger starts to hurt my fingers so if you could make a setting to where you just hold the trigger that would help so so much.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, (XBOX)trevonator007 said:

I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and love Warframe but some things are harder to do. 1 thing i think can be difficult is melee it is a lot easier after I made it so RT melees after I hit B but the repetitive tapping of either button/trigger starts to hurt my fingers so if you could make a setting to where you just hold the trigger that would help so so much.

we already asked for semi autos to auto fire but if u pressed the triggers rapidly ud fire faster, but with how fire rate mods work and such i dont htink they want people using them as smgs, and we already have a few of those (grakatas r rifle size u cant tell me other wise)

a few games do this already to alive ate strain from button mashing nd it ould be welcome, but they dont want us auto meleeing or auto shooting semi autos, even tho they got rid off all the pause and hold combos...

• 1 month later...
On 2021-09-25 at 8:12 AM, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

we already asked for semi autos to auto fire but if u pressed the triggers rapidly ud fire faster, but with how fire rate mods work and such i dont htink they want people using them as smgs, and we already have a few of those (grakatas r rifle size u cant tell me other wise)

a few games do this already to alive ate strain from button mashing nd it ould be welcome, but they dont want us auto meleeing or auto shooting semi autos, even tho they got rid off all the pause and hold combos...

Understandable but for a game that requires a ton of pressing of the button/trigger for melee it makes it a ton harder for people with disabilities I know people will abuse it but just sucks for handicap people to suffer because of it

• Like 1

On 2021-09-25 at 11:47 AM, Lutesque said:

Are we allowed to say "Handicap" I don't think we are ? 😱

I'd argue that while the term in general is best to avoid as an abled person, due to its negative connotations, in this particular case it's completely fine for the OP to say given that they're discussing their own disability and how it impacts their gameplay.

On-topic, I also agree that Warframe could certainly improve its accessibility options: I don't think it's really necessary to balance or gameplay for players to be required to spam the same button at a rapid pace throughout combat, and if an option allowed us to hold the button for continuous attacks, it would improve the experience of anyone who struggles with or dislikes rapid, repetitive movements. Everyone wins in this respect.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, (XBOX)trevonator007 said:

Understandable but for a game that requires a ton of pressing of the button/trigger for melee it makes it a ton harder for people with disabilities I know people will abuse it but just sucks for handicap people to suffer because of it

i agree, id rather have the option of auto fire myself

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (XBOX)trevonator007 said:

That's really true. Pressing EEEEEE for melee can really sore my hand/fingers!

I also have a muscle issue where it makes repeat clicking an issue. I really wish there was an option to enable hold to fire/melee for all semi auto behaviour weapons. For now there isn't one so I've had to rely on macro's on pc to alleviate the issue. It's not an ideal solution but I'm sure there are xbox controllers that have a turbo mode and that might be the best solution for you for now.

• Like 1

On 2021-10-28 at 4:47 AM, (XBOX)trevonator007 said:

I also think this already had to be in the game from a long time ago, not only for people with "needs" (its hard to find a good word when you speak/write a language that is not your first) but also for the others. Because making a lot repetitive movements can easily bring problems down the line, and some weapons put this problem to the spotlight (hello fast melees and Dual Toxocyst...). so having an option on game configurations that would be off by default is a good thing in my view. Some people may say that will be "abused" by players to do more DPS and all that stuff, so a little "debuff" to fire rate if this option is active (something like 10% to 20% less fire rate maybe...) could do the trick and sound like a good tradeoff.

Edited by Kadesfy
  • Like 2