Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Console Players, Please Help with UDP Problems

(PSN)sauz6690

Question

I have this issue while playing Warframe in PlayStation 5. Normally when I play, the connection works just fine. But if I put the PS on rest mode or turn it off, next time I tried to play with it, the message regarding UDP port 4950 and 4995 came out. This way, I can't invite other players, get invited by others, my user name isn't on the chat list, or even play in any open squads. Not only by turning the console off or entering rest mode, the problem also appear whenever I log out/change to play another game. So if I play Warframe, I would do it very late because of the hassle of not being able to properly connect with the game.

I tried checking the limit for how long this problem could persist. Usually after 2-3 hours, the situation goes back to normal again (I can play with other players again, and no UDP message pops out). Surely this means the problem is quite solved, but I want to ask if any console players or anyone happen to face the same problem. I doubt if it is really about the UDP, because I can play just fine if I keep playing it without ever closing or changing into another game. Playing co-op hasn't even been an issue since I started playing Warframe last March/April, so I haven't ever configure the UDP setting until I encountered this problem later on. Even when I already done all of those solutions regarding UDP ports, the problem still appears. Please tell me if I mess up anything or I should do more tinkering with the setting if anyone ever experienced this before. 

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Sounds like your router might be the issue.

Could be lots of things: Is it new? Have you changed anything on it? Is it provided and managed by your ISP? UPNP enabled? What model? etc.

If my router is the issue, wouldn't it affect how my other games behave? Others could connect just fine. It's affecting just Warframe so far.

1 hour ago, (PSN)sauz6690 said:

If my router is the issue, wouldn't it affect how my other games behave? Others could connect just fine. It's affecting just Warframe so far.

Depends on what the other games are; Typically, you're connecting to a server. In Warframe, players a typically connecting to one another. The state on the router wont always be the same, as you connect to people with varied addresses, and routers can sometimes have issues with this. Since it clears after a certain amount of time, it sounds like your router eventually clears the state, and allows a new connection.

If warframe is off, and the console is off, what else is there?

Archived