Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The high time spent with NPC dialogue during the planet bounties is DE trying to nerf efficiency or are they just doing it wrong?

Mazzere

The high time spent with NPC dialogue during the planet bounties is DE trying to nerf efficiency or are they just doing it wrong?

I'm the type of player who still has fun grinding the game and even more fun when I can do it efficiently.

After almost 200 bounties during the plague star event it's possible to notice that the time spent with NPC's talking before the mission objectives appear is too much.

A great example is when you're going to do the first stage of the bounty, right after you finish it you need to put up with more than 30 seconds of dialog from Vay Hek, Konzu and Lotus, and only after the stage 2 objective appears and that's just this part. 

I would say that throughout the mission, a little over a minute is spent on these transitions. Which isn't much, but people repeat it over and over again. In my case more than 3 hours went into these transitions between mission objectives.

I just wanted to suggest that DE make it faster, make the objectives appear during the dialogues and if necessary just skip them.

People's time is precious and I want to have more fun trying to speedrun.

Every bounty mission is queued after the speeches and the nightwave menu skip only works for the host. If you are only a client, you won't hear them anymore, but the bounty mission will still not start until the speech is over for the host.

I also like how the game almost mutes demolyst beeps in disruption because of the minute long monologues - said no one ever.

7 hours ago, sitfesz said:

Every bounty mission is queued after the speeches and the nightwave menu skip only works for the host. If you are only a client, you won't hear them anymore, but the bounty mission will still not start until the speech is over for the host.

I also like how the game almost mutes demolyst beeps in disruption because of the minute long monologues - said no one ever.

These points need to be addressed.  I would welcome a "Transmissions 2.0" update.  Transmissions should never be playing when a demolyst is approaching.  They should never block the screen or UI in any way (Sorties, Ropalolyst mission, Ordis in the Helminth room, etc.).  They should not delay progress between bounty phases, or the spawns of certain high value enemies (acolytes being delayed by Vor speech).

This game has drop rates so low that grind is basically mandatory.  Yet the transmission system is designed as if you'll be playing a mission once and then move on with your life.  Compare it to Hades, which is a roguelike and obviously built on a certain degree of repetition.  The lines don't get old, though, because Supergiant Games wrote and recorded enough variety to keep things fresh for hundreds of hours.  On the other side is Deathloop.  In that game, the repetition makes sense because you're stuck in a timeloop.  In Warframe, although the voice direction has improved immeasurably over the years, the format and structure of transmissions have not.  I love Alad's voice acting in Jupiter Disruption, but I don't want to hear it every time I plug a key into a conduit.  It should be on a once per month basis or something, or scale whether or not to play a transmission based on the player's play time or MR.  I know the devs hate toggles (okay, that's unfair, it's just that toggles are a pain to implement), but the transmission options we currently have just aren't enough.

Archived