[Stats]
H 70(270)
S 125(400)
A 125
E 100(160)
S.s 1.1

[Abilities]

Passive
-Critical chance increases with how zoomed in you are from your weapon. (More weapons zoom more crit chance) Minimum critical chance bonus of 30%.

1)Focus lens

• Create a circular barrier in front of you with a diameter of 5m.
  • blocks all damage
  • turns all projectiles hit through the barrier into hit scan whether ability or from weapon.
  • Aiming down sights when looking through the barrier will increase your zoom.
    • Multiple can be put up and stack with each other to further increase zoom.
  • Allies who use this gain the benefits from your passive.

2)Photon flash

• In a 110* cone (increases with power range) burn targets for 500 heat damage within 5m, blind enemies within 10m, and slow enemies within 20m of the flash for 10s.
    • All of these can be inflicted onto enemies all at once.
  • If used in front of a Focus lens barrier, the light will condense turning the focus lens into a beam dealing 2000 heat damage with 100% status chance.
    • Beam has a diameter of 5.
    • This beam can bonce from one Focus lens to another.
  • If shot through Focus lens that have been stacked on top of each other. It will multiply its damage by 2 per Focus lens barrier and increase its diameter by 1 per focus lens.

3)Condensation

• Combine 20 rounds or your entire magazine into one shot.
    • If the magazine is lower than 2, instead deal 200% damage onto your next shot.
  • Refills your magazine to full on cast.

4)Magnify

• Empowers your next ability cast for 10s.
  • Casting Focus Lens will create 3 Focus lens that will follow you behind your back.
    • While aiming down sights, pressing right click again will bring a focus lens in front of you.
    • Pressing it again will bring another Focus Lens. so they can stack together.
  • Casting Photon Flash will create a continuous flash orb beside you. Which will auto cast Photon Flash around you every 2s.
  • Casting Condensation will make your next shot implode and deal twice its damage within 10m. 

To start off,

TL;DR I. Freakin. Love. This.

The idea seems to revolve around the frame being some what of a sharpshooter using magnifying glasses as scopes. Very cool. Love the synergy between the abilities. I've personally been mulling over the idea that there should be a clear delineation between if a frame is going to have a ult in the traditional sense as the game changer/oh S#&$ or it being part of the combo of a kit where you should be using it actively. I love how Magnify empowers the abilities in a way that grants the frame itself more power, flexibility and survival making the standard casts mobile for Luximus' benefit.

there have been ideas for a "light frame", there have been ideas for a "sniper" frame

this mashup is honestly a great sounding concept, also the fact that you didn't go with an exalted sniper is great

On 2021-09-26 at 12:48 AM, weeaboopotato said:

turns all projectiles hit through the barrier into hit scan whether ability or from weapon.

that's awesome,

theres been the concept of shooting through novas teleport for awhile, this is easily way better, and more combat viable,

especially if the lens has a magnified visual distortion, that zooms when you scope, and other players can see/shoot through it as well

also there's already "focus lenses" in the game so i have a suggestion for a rename of this ability, thought "augmented optics" but there's already neuroptics so i thought palantir like the viewing orbs in lord of the rings would be a cool name for the magnifying glass/volt shield ability.

• If used in front of a Focus lens barrier, the light will condense turning the focus lens into a beam dealing 2000 heat damage with 100% status chance.
    • Beam has a diameter of 5.
  • If shot through Focus lens that have been stacked on top of each other. It will multiply its damage by 2 per Focus lens barrier and increase its diameter by 1 per focus lens.

just make this all "if cast on" (1)lens ability, so one open cast, and a 2+1 synergy, (kind of like khoras whip on ensnare or strangledome)

This beam can bonce from one Focus lens to another.

that's a bit excessive and fiddly, like the nova teleport bullets thing, id scratch that

• Combine 20 rounds or your entire magazine into one shot.
    • If the magazine is lower than 2, instead deal 200% damage onto your next shot.
  • Refills your magazine to full on cast.

not sure about this part tbh, sounds like "every gun is a tenet tetra" and while you did say "or your entire magazine" (assuming less than 20), i think this is way too overpowered considering the damage output of most commonly used projectile weapons and there would be lunatics with magazine cap rivens breaking the engine almost instantly, which would result in a hard nerf... id suggest replacing this ability

4)Magnify

flawless.

the idea of the 4th ability trasmuting the other 3 abilities into a mobile death combo,

a revenant-meets-vegetas-final flash orbiting photon flash shell made me smile honestly,

i had to read it over like three times but once i visualized it... damn son where'd you find these?

would be great if the frame went transparent so allies could still shoot straight through the frame and lens stacks as well

with the exception of the 3rd ability, I love this idea,

i also recently put up a post about an aesthetic for a gara skin or a "light" based frame based off the artwork of Robert Venosa i think a visual like this would fit nicely

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1281194-aesthetic-for-light-frame-or-gara-deluxe-skin-robert-venosa-inspired/

14 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

not sure about this part tbh, sounds like "every gun is a tenet tetra" and while you did say "or your entire magazine" (assuming less than 20), i think this is way too overpowered considering the damage output of most commonly used projectile weapons and there would be lunatics with magazine cap rivens breaking the engine almost instantly, which would result in a hard nerf... id suggest replacing this ability

Not really, it just means it won't be as effective and it combines all those shots into one bullet. So it won't have any problems with the engine per say, but more of potential damage computation problem.  It's not really overpowered imo considering its a one time only shot. It is practically useless in bows and weapons with only 1 ammo in the magazine like the vectis. Cause unlike other buffs, it can only give 200% increased damage for 1 shot. Which is less than Mirage and chroma's weapon dps. Only automatic weapons and semi auto weapons could really take advantage of this ability. 

10 hours ago, weeaboopotato said:

Cause unlike other buffs, it can only give 200% increased damage for 1 shot.

thats damage mods + crit multipliers x multishot x 20(potentially) x 200% thats broken as f

10 hours ago, weeaboopotato said:

Only automatic weapons and semi auto weapons could really take advantage of this ability. 

kuva chakkurr, kuva ogris, drakgoon just for three examples... semi auto weapons would be the main problem

the flightspeed override hitscan thing seems viable

but basically applying the angstrums alt fire to any weapon, with a 200% multiplier is just excessive and way too overpowered

also next to the other abilities, it seems like the choice for a subsume option, so the second mirage gets it DEs servers would catch fire

also its not a 'one time only shot' its a re-castable abilty.

On 2021-09-29 at 3:35 AM, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

thats damage mods + crit multipliers x multishot x 20(potentially) x 200% thats broken as f

there is no x20 if the mag is lower than 1. it's only a 200% increase which means only x2. Plus this is still nothing compared to other one time buff frames.  

On 2021-09-29 at 3:35 AM, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

kuva chakkurr, kuva ogris, drakgoon just for three examples... semi auto weapons would be the main problem

but basically applying the angstrums alt fire to any weapon, with a 200% multiplier is just excessive and way too overpowered

there is no 200% damage increase if the magazine count is higher than 1. Even if it was recastable, it's only going to be used for mostly boss dps since energy cost still hasn't been put into the equation. So rather than just constantly having to recast the ability, it's still more practical to just get a straight up buff. It doesn't increase multi shot, and it doesn't increase crit. It only makes your shot deal as much damage as how much it would do if there were to shoot 20x. Meaning whatever the damage of your first shot is, it will multiply the damage of only 1 of the projectiles by 20x. Then the rest of the split shot from multishot won't have a damage increase. It's simply only to burst bosses down. It's not as broken as you think, compared to other frames. 

On 2021-10-02 at 9:54 PM, weeaboopotato said:

there is no x20 if the mag is lower than 1

oh im sorry i didn't realize you could shoot half a bullet lol jk (im assuming you meant "not higher than 1")

ok i think i get what your saying, the damage is additive (up to x20) rather than actually firing multiple (up to 20) rounds?

technically that's still stacking multishot and crit buffs for each of the potential shots and is still broken,

the fire rate and mag cap of weapons are damage balanced based on their damage values...

still, there are guns like the komorex that has a base 20 round clip and would break this ability...

honestly, there have been "boss damage" builds many times in warframe and they've just gotten nerfed...

volt with eidolons at the moment is exactly where chroma was... pushing his luck tbh

i like your idea because it would bring alot of other guns into "meta" for boss fights like eidolon, alongside say tigris prime and rubico prime...

but there is a decent amount of balancing that goes into each weapons design and i think that;

the fact that this ability completely bypasses that balancing;

makes it really unlikely to be considered as a viable option for a new frame ability (especially if its the subsumable)

Archived