Useless Warframes

(PSN)Beluga_0

Technically, there is no completely useless ones. But here are some, that are close to that.

Hydroid - no scaling, no damage, mediocre CC, no reasonable survivability. Without his augment he can only reliably be used on lowlevel missions only, cause in all other scenraios he will be dead.

Yarely - completely a gimmik frame, wasn't supposed to be top-tier, and not really good outside of normal starchart.

Other "bad" frames have their niche usage, and they are kinda even good at that. Nyx is a good option for SP with her armor strip and tile-wide CC, Grendel is not bad there either with built-in heals and pretty strong CC. Even Zephyr has it's use as a great riven unveiler, also pretty fun to play with.

• Like 17

If you go by pure dps I think it's basically 4 frames that aren't "less optimal".

You can also rank by purpose, loot frame, tank, spy etc where there will be at least one frame per role, if nothing else.

Others might have a cool skin.

Then you have frames like grimdeal, that aren't fun, serve no purpose and don't look good.

Who here would like to be obese in their power fantasy and yes yareli right along with it. You'd be hard pressed to find an explanation of the reasoning, so yes useless I always like to ask what the point was.

Cooldowns on lavos.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Beluga_0 said:

Hey, what do you think are useless Warframes right now? Just thought it would be interesting what other players think.

For me, "useless" isn't a terribly accurate descriptor, as this game isn't very challenging and any frame with almost any loadout can compete on most or all game modes.  I would say "irrelevant" is better, or "obsolete," because some frames are completely outclassed and bring nothing particularly noteworthy to the table.

Hydroid and Yareli are the two that immediately leap to mind, even with Hydroid's bevy of augments and Yareli's recent changes.  These two have been discussed and debated to death here, but I'll just repeat the general gist:

• Hydroid was always bad, but when Khora's Pilfering Strangledome augment dropped, it was the final nail in the coffin.  He does have scaling damage, but using it is an absolute pain.  In short, other frames do everything Hydroid does but better or in a more approachable way.
  • Yareli's closest analogs are probably Nezha and Grendel.  All three are frames with a mix of damage, CC, and built in mobility.  All three have broken from the norms in terms of their appearance as well, though in different ways.  Nezha and Grendel both offer better "fun" mobility, better tanking, better utility/support, better damage, and better CC than Yareli.
  • Like 1

Just now, V2lkyr said:

I think Loki is worse than Hydroid

...I hear a stampede of angry Loki fans coming because of that, I don't think Loki is worse than Hydroid, but they really should make Switch Teleport a hold cast on Decoy and give him a real 3rd ability.

Otherwise he's fine, mildly boring because most of his schtick is the A.I. going idiot-mode because of invisibility, but fine for what he his and Radial Disarm is still solid, augment or no.

...But Switch Teleport has no right being a full ability slot in the current state of Warframe.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...I hear a stampede of angry Loki fans coming because of that, I don't think Loki is worse than Hydroid, but they really should make Switch Teleport a hold cast on Decoy and give him a real 3rd ability.

Otherwise he's fine, mildly boring because most of his schtick is the A.I. going idiot-mode because of invisibility, but fine for what he his and Radial Disarm is still solid, augment or no.

...But Switch Teleport has no right being a full ability slot in the current state of Warframe.

I dunno, Loki needs some help :/ Just as much or more than Hydroid tbh, Hydroid can at least loot things (even if he's been overshadowed in that regard by Khora). Loki's got a big radial CC/disarm in a game that no longer prioritizes wide range CC, a decoy which doesn't do anything useful, a teleport which is only useful in niches like Plague Star, and his invisibility which is good but no Octavia. Like, there's basically zero reason to play Loki over Octavia, who has better invisibility and better CC within the contexts CC is still useful and the ability to actually kill things really well. What's Loki got going for him anymore?

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

What's Loki got going for him anymore?

Pretty much just how broken invisibility is and not-the-worst-CC-in-the-game.

I'm convinced Loki's number one problem is Loki players these days, but I do think he isn't quite as much of a mess as Hydroid simply because I can see the concept of what Loki is supposed to do even if he's painfully outdated. I also believe that Decoy could be better just with a few adjustments to make it not made of toilet paper (and as I've said, putting Switch Teleport as a hold-cast and giving him a new 3rd ability).

Hydroid is just a mess though, his 1 is in the running for worst damage ability in the game by virtue of random accuracy (the augment sucks too) his 2 is a worse Slash Dash that costs more, his 3 is agonizingly slow and doesn't fit Warframe's gameplay at all, and his 4 is a mediocre CC used only because of the loot augment and because it is the best of his clownfest of a kit.

To me useless is "does not serve the purpose of having fun"

Most useless warframes include Inaros, Octavia, Ember, Nidus, Revenant, Mesa, a few others.. There are a bunch of Warframes in this game that just basically bring no joy to play, whether they're powerful or not, and to me that's really useless ^^;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Beluga_0 said:

Hey, what do you think are useless Warframes right now?

"Useless" is a pretty relative aspect, i mained Zephyr for years when people used to deem her useless and awful yet i was often topping the damage/kill score in mission summaries with her long before her reworks. Its not always a matter of how the abilities work, its also a matter if the player manages to learn how to properly use that frame's kit and take the most advantage of it.

I dont deem any Warframe useless because of that.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Pretty much just how broken invisibility is and not-the-worst-CC-in-the-game.

I'm convinced Loki's number one problem is Loki players these days

Press a button and ai become as threatening as an angry hamster with boxing gloves, invisibility being broken is loki's one saving grace.

I would totally play the invis frames and xaku if the fashion you spent hours to do doesn't disappear when you do

• Like 1

There are no useless frames just by themselves , there are definitely useless players in a squad though.

It is also very much subject to the mission ,

eg. Hildryn during no shield nightmare missions is rather useless.

And the build will also make a difference.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I had a dream that I took loki into a mission and had to apologize for being useless.

I once did a Steel Path Corpus defence solo with Loki, worked a treat, no apologies given. :devil:

>Nyx 

>Inaros 

>Hydroid 

>Trinity 

These warframescare useless or close to be. Some have been deemed as outdated compared to newers or simply they have no reason to exist.