Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Warframes

(PSN)Beluga_0

On 2021-09-29 at 9:51 AM, pwnSacrifice said:

Yareli actually is one of the better lich/sister hunters. Sea Snares can CC those suckers. Slap on or use your armor stripping tool of choice (seeking shuriken/pillage/shattering impact gunblade, whatever) and voila! A dead lich/sister. And this is something only she can do. That's a pretty nice little niche if you ask me.  You could also even mix and match with stuff like rest and rage (particularly rage) or Roar or Xata's whisper to get even more results. It doesn't fix her issues, but she definitely has a place in the game at this point.

On Inaros: While he might not offer the same kind of raw tankiness of some other frames, he does have some pretty considerable advantages. First and foremost, He's super accessible early on, which is important because he is tanky where pretty much no other frame is: when our abilities get shut off. Inaros doesn't care if that's a nullifier.  No shield gating to worry about, simple mechanics to get him / keep him going.  And he's no slouch in CCing, which again, is something some of the tougher frames than him lack. I think he's boring personally, but when he's good he's god. 

No frame is useless, but some require more creativity to get going than others. And honestly, some are just weak. Never useless though. 

There are many ways to handle sisters, most of the good ones are vaporize, the difference is every other method doesn't come with the option to break your mobility and struggle with some shoehorned feature. Yareli has zero optimal cases and a majority of content doesn't work correctly with her defensive feature. 

She's a mistake. 

27 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

There are many ways to handle sisters, most of the good ones are vaporize, the difference is every other method doesn't come with the option to break your mobility and struggle with some shoehorned feature. Yareli has zero optimal cases and a majority of content doesn't work correctly with her defensive feature. 

She's a mistake. 

Agreed.  Even her niche of "20 kills on a k drive" is in question because quite frequently kills from her powers just don't count.

I think the recent mobility update for her was helpful, but she still feels absolutely terrible to use.  She's dumpster tier, and I won't be using her until she gets more changes.  Which might be never.

Ivara's a good frame so much hate lol

9 hours ago, Reitrix said:

It's like to differentiate it from Ash and Loki invisibilities. 
Ash's is short duration, requiring constant recasts. 
Loki has a longer duration but he doesn't do anything special while invisible. 
Ivara's provides headshot multipliers for a damage buff AND a built-in pilfer mechanic at the cost of mobility. 

However, if you use her Infiltrate Augment with good power strength and take advantage of rolling, She can cover a lot of ground quite quickly. Especially if you use Motus Leap on her. You can build a decent amount of momentum and go into an aim glide to get around as well. 

For sure, its less mobile than Ash and Loki, But it also uniquely offers that headshot multiplier, making it a dual offensive and defensive buff. That's probably their justification in the penalty. 

Also, dunno why you'd think Artemis Bow is weak. With Concentrated Arrow augment and 295 Strength, My zero forma thrown together trash build one shots level 155 Heavy Gunners. 
Admittedly, i dont play her in Steel Path for damage purposes, so I'm unsure how well it'll scale outside of testing. 

Yep Ivara's not as fast as other invisibile frames but I like what she can do for her being her.

I only have 195% to 210% Strength 48% to 52% speed and I use a jump roll done right straight after each other you can get around fairly fast, you don't need to be invisible all the time even in Steel Path.

I'm not fussed about being a bit slower but I'm also not speed running missions.

Artemis bow is far from weak, I have used Ivara in Steel Path with only 195% strength and Concentrated Arrow deletes SP enemies.

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Ivara's a good frame so much hate lol

Yep Ivara's not as fast as other invisibile frames but I like what she can do for her being her.

I only have 195% to 210% Strength 48% to 52% speed and I use a jump roll done right straight after each other you can get around fairly fast, you don't need to be invisible all the time even in Steel Path.

I'm not fussed about being a bit slower but I'm also not speed running missions.

Artemis bow is far from weak, I have used Ivara in Steel Path with only 195% strength and Concentrated Arrow deletes SP enemies.

Yeah.

Whoever thinks Ivara is bad hasn't played her beyond Hydron or suboptimal attempts at clearing spy missions. She brings so much to the table. It's just that you actually have to play her-as in utilize her kits well for her to work, not just press one button and clear the whole room. 

Artemis bow is quite possibly the second or third most powerful exalted weapon in the game right now, with the strongest being Arquebex and the close contender being Baruuk's Desert Wind.

On 2021-10-01 at 5:34 AM, Enialyx said:

Inaros: Beefed up sandstorm is one of the best stationary CC abilities.

Lol nothing that takes you out of the game to be used is remotely close to best. Its about as S#&$ as Banshee's 4. The only worthwhile ability on him is his 1 and that's just a worse Radial Blind that anyone can infuse on their frame.

16 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I think this might be an argument of semantics, though, at least in regards to two words: excel and useless.  Ivara is not useless, so she shouldn't have come up in this thread at all.  And Ivara does excel at the things I mentioned in my original post, if we take excel to mean "be exceptionally good at or proficient in an activity or subject."

Oh I think that might be it yeah. And I 100% agree, Ivara is not useless, I just dont see her excelling at anything either. Like I said in the post above yours, she isnt bad or useless, but she isnt really good either. But that may very well also be a "cup of tea" thing.

18 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

The appeal to her mining isn't speed, admittedly.  It's in not getting bothered.  Same for fishing.

That (no stupid thumper spawning every. single. time. by the sea fishing spot on Cetus), and insanely convenient angles when fishing from a net of ziplines across the water body. Fishing with any other frame feels like extra effort to me now.

I wouldn't say this warframe is useless but he needs a revisit but unfortunately ppl can`t see why.

Ash needs a revisit and it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks, stats and ppl`s actions proves he needs a revisit.

I say Ash needs a revisit and ppl say "he`s perfect" and get upset with me but he`s not, Ash has issues most ppl don`t know about.

The reason being because;

• People use two of his augment 24/7 to the point where they completely ignore the issues of the abilities and act like they are ok.
  • The way people use him and talk about him ("oh he can use seeking shuriken to strip armour and can kill lvl 100+ with bs) they can`t see his issues in a general sense.

Two worlds, two characters; Warframe, Ninja Gaiden, Ash and Ryu. If you take Ash and put him in Ninja Gaiden, he would be great in fact even better than Ryu because of how his abilities work and structure of the game however if you take Ryu and put him in warframe he won`t be able to survive because he has no way of dealing with hoards of enemies. The point is Ash cannot deal with hoards of enemies efficiently, sometimes damage is not enough, that`s why he needs a revisit.

Here is a post going into detail. Before you read the 1st page I recommend you go to page 16 by pressing CTRL + F them type stats and you will the reason why he needs a revisit.

22 hours ago, FishMcCool said:

That (no stupid thumper spawning every. single. time. by the sea fishing spot on Cetus), and insanely convenient angles when fishing from a net of ziplines across the water body. Fishing with any other frame feels like extra effort to me now.

Have they fixed her clunky and slowed down spear throw when on the dashwire? That is one of the main reasons I stopped bringing her as a fisher(wo)man.

22 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Excal becomes pretty useless as soon as you get a better frame (which is, well, most of them) and a good melee.

Excal gets alot of hate since its almost everyone's first frame, and since it is excal has the stink of noob on it.  Excal is a pretty solid frame though.  Exaulted blade can do quite alot of damage aoe blind is great cc that opens finishers.  He probly isn't one of the best frames in the game but certainly not at the bottom he is a bit above avg overall.

10 minutes ago, Eluminary said:

Excal is a pretty solid frame though.

Background: i have ~22% usage rate between normal and umbra.

His 1 and 3 are worthless. His 4 costs energy and effectively takes away an ability slot from you that could've been otherwise occupied by a good ability - all that to give you a melee weapon that can be matched or even outperformed by good normal melees. Don't know about you, but i can't call a frame that has more than half of its kit being underwhelming "solid" under any circumstances other than when a remaining ability is an absolute game-changer, and blind just isn't that.Right now, he's in a state similar to valkyr - only one good ability that happens to be their subsume, so you better slap it on an actually good frame instead of trying to salvage their unsalvageable kits.

If i had to describe current state of excal in two words, that'd probably be "crap baruuk". He and valkyr both need reworks.

On 2021-10-02 at 1:34 AM, AzureScion said:

Artemis bow is quite possibly the second or third most powerful exalted weapon in the game right now, with the strongest being Arquebex and the close contender being Baruuk's Desert Wind.

Id say top 3 exalted weapons would be (im not counting arquebex cause its not a frame) desert wind, peacemakers and then artemis bow, by a long shot. Somewhere between the heavenly trio and the hellish duo of Primal fury/hysteria lies exalted blade, dex pixia and whatever hildyrns pistol is called.

actually Ill say dex pixia are underrated and rather good, but I dont think they are top 3 good. 

5 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Background: i have ~22% usage rate between normal and umbra.

His 1 and 3 are worthless. His 4 costs energy and effectively takes away an ability slot from you that could've been otherwise occupied by a good ability - all that to give you a melee weapon that can be matched or even outperformed by good normal melees. Don't know about you, but i can't call a frame that has more than half of its kit being underwhelming "solid" under any circumstances other than when a remaining ability is an absolute game-changer, and blind just isn't that.Right now, he's in a state similar to valkyr - only one good ability that happens to be their subsume, so you better slap it on an actually good frame instead of trying to salvage their unsalvageable kits.

If i had to describe current state of excal in two words, that'd probably be "crap baruuk". He and valkyr both need reworks.

I feel this is a bit harsh if only because exalted blade does at least have a range advantage on normal melees. 

Ironic tho how before baruuk released (and for a good bit after) people claimed baruuk was a crap excal, and then baruuk got his augment xD

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Have they fixed her clunky and slowed down spear throw when on the dashwire? That is one of the main reasons I stopped bringing her as a fisher(wo)man.

That was fixed a while ago.

Update 24.6 (2019-04-04) patch notes

• Fixed animation issues while attempting to fish from a zip-line. Also fixes a delay when launching the Fishing Spear from a zip-line.

That fix was specifically geared towards Ivara's dashwires. Something they didn't bother mentioning was that the fix also enables one to throw bait and dye from the dashwire too, albeit you can only throw the bait/dye while aiming with the fishing spear at the same time. You cannot change fishing spears though, while on the dashwire (you have to get off of it first).

I show throwing bait/dye off of the dashwire at around 1:03

On 2021-09-25 at 11:12 AM, Aldain said:

...I hear a stampede of angry Loki fans coming because of that, I don't think Loki is worse than Hydroid, but they really should make Switch Teleport a hold cast on Decoy and give him a real 3rd ability.

Otherwise he's fine, mildly boring because most of his schtick is the A.I. going idiot-mode because of invisibility, but fine for what he his and Radial Disarm is still solid, augment or no.

...But Switch Teleport has no right being a full ability slot in the current state of Warframe.

I actually made a build solely based around his passive, can confirm i enjoyed it more than a normal loki build…this was in jan and i’m still surprised at how viable it was/is…all i need is a wall and my frame and weapons have their boosts to…well everything, some for a duration after hanging and others…until i stop hanging

13 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I feel this is a bit harsh if only because exalted blade does at least have a range advantage on normal melees. 

I wouldn't say so, considering excal waves are so slow you can outrun them, and enemies that are at even half the max range can literally sidestep them. Yes, AI is not smart enough to do it often, but it happens more often than i'd like to.

Compare it to baruuk's exalted, which has half the range but hits any target within that range instantly minus the attack startup (unlike EB, it doesn't actually fire waves in most of its combos - it just has a hitbox size of a train, and waves are just a visual effect attached to it), has no falloff, covers an area of 10x10 meters (EB can barely cover 2m wide area at most, an even that happens not that often because the hitbox of a projectile is true to its visual representation to a fault, meaning that diagonal wave will have lower width, and therefore cover less horizontal space and clip less enemies), and if that wasn't enough, also does more damage. Now that's a worthy exalted. EB pales in comparison.

As for normal melees, as long as there's stuff like glaives, stropha, or even quassus (which, i remind you, cost no energy, take no ability slot, and can be equipped on a frame with more than one good ability), using EB's range as an argument in its favor is questionable at best. I don't think i need to explain why.

13 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

people claimed baruuk was a crap excal

And for a good reason: he was indeed very underwhelming at higher levels. Then EHP scaling was toned down, umbral crit mod was buffed severely, glad mods started to scale off stat sticks, and he got a better chromatic blade. This combined (not only CB) made him actually good. He still has underwhelming 1 (now salvageable with helminth) and only ok 2 (underwhelming compared to many instant AoE CC like stomp or even blind for example, but is essential for him as it generates the most meter when you have increased spawns active), but atleast his 3 is a good DR button, and his 4 is a powerhouse.

14 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Id say top 3 exalted weapons would be (im not counting arquebex cause its not a frame) desert wind, peacemakers and then artemis bow, by a long shot. Somewhere between the heavenly trio and the hellish duo of Primal fury/hysteria lies exalted blade, dex pixia and whatever hildyrns pistol is called.

actually Ill say dex pixia are underrated and rather good, but I dont think they are top 3 good. 

I'd still say Artemis Bow and Desert Wind are still leagues above Regulators, but yes, Regulators do make the top 3 if we're not counting Arquebex. But then again I haven't touched Mesa for a while now, and I heard she can jack up her Regulators to an even higher level with subsumed Eclipse and all that jazz. Might need to take another look at her.

Oh and Primal Fury.. man oh man. I really want to like this weapon, and it does deal respectable damage, but the attack combos are just... awkward. I really don't like the "Slamming weapon to the ground" trope, it's boring, doesn't make sense, and is especially useless in Warframe.

Dex Pixia.. Oh man, this is one underrated one. With 200+ power strength she becomes a monster that drenches everything in status procs. Love this thing. 

Oh and quick tip for those who can't appreciate Ivara: Get Concentrated Arrow, switch to your sleep quiver, and spam the sleep arrows with your middle-mouse-button while you have your Artemis on. You can land headshots easier which can give you explosions that top even Bramma or Zarr, on top of having great CC potentials if you slap a lot of range on your Ivara. The catch is you still have to take your time to aim at their heads, so this is definitely not for the "I SPAM EXPLODE" kind of player.

30 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

I'd still say Artemis Bow and Desert Wind are still leagues above Regulators

A pair of machine pistols capable of starting doing damage to anything within 50m, that spew ~50 (or even more) RPS, that literally aim for you and cannot miss (and therefore, cannot lose a single hit worth of damage) vs ... a bow that can't even splash and technically loses to bramma at most level ranges that matter, while costing energy and taking up an ability slot? Nah, this is not even a competition.

Nevermind, i didn't know it got splash augment.

1 hour ago, GREF_TM said:

A pair of machine pistols capable of starting doing damage to anything within 50m, that spew ~50 (or even more) RPS, that literally aim for you and cannot miss (and therefore, cannot lose a single hit worth of damage) vs ... a bow that can't even splash and technically loses to bramma at most level ranges that matter, while costing energy and taking up an ability slot? Nah, this is not even a competition.

Nevermind, i didn't know it got splash augment.

I'm not factoring abilities by the way, because in terms of pure DPS Mesa's 4 is clearly superior to many which makes her a top tier pick, but the guns themselves really aren't all that powerful in terms of raw power compared to DW or Artemis. Let's put it this way, if Mesa's pistols were swapped with 2 Artemis Bows which she can also rapid fire all she wants with an added aimbot, she would even be much much powerful than she currently is.

Artemis Bow with Concentrated Arrow, decent power strength, and a well landed headshot can deal millions of damage in a large AoE (with each AoE hit being in the millions, not just in total) that I would even say much much powerful than the Bramma. And with 175% efficiency the energy drain is barely noticeable, and a quick energy pad can give you a hundred more shots instantly. 

I really really encourage everyone to give Concentrated Arrow a try, at the very least to have a look at the damage potential it can dish out. Ivara is not just a spy frame, she has great CC, great utility, and amazing damage. I'm surprised she was even mentioned in this thread. The Ivara player in me is boiling right now.

18 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

but the guns themselves really aren't all that powerful in terms of raw power

Disagree on this one. You can't judge peacemaker just on regulator's stats alone, it's a package deal, "take it or leave it" kind.

18 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

That was fixed a while ago.

Update 24.6 (2019-04-04) patch notes

• Fixed animation issues while attempting to fish from a zip-line. Also fixes a delay when launching the Fishing Spear from a zip-line.

That fix was specifically geared towards Ivara's dashwires. Something they didn't bother mentioning was that the fix also enables one to throw bait and dye from the dashwire too, albeit you can only throw the bait/dye while aiming with the fishing spear at the same time. You cannot change fishing spears though, while on the dashwire (you have to get off of it first).

Thank you for the info!

3 hours ago, AzureScion said:

I'd still say Artemis Bow and Desert Wind are still leagues above Regulators, but yes, Regulators do make the top 3 if we're not counting Arquebex.

I'd say the top 3 without Arquebex would be Desert Wind, Regulators and Dex Pixia. And depending on the content Dex Pixia would range from spot 1 to 3. Artemis is in the end a bow and in order to give it good room clearing potential you need to invest in a mod and you must hit heads. Dex Pixia can just hose down rooms instead without having to aim for any specific bodypart. 

I don't know why ppl are complaining about Exalted Blade or Hysteria, Exalted Blade double hits any enemies that aren't dying instantly, applying status quickly. And Hysteria has invulnerability... I don't know how that is being compared to any melee weapon in the slightest, all modded weapons can kill anything they can hit, and invulnerable attackers are... invulnerable. With a side of Gladiator Mods and Naramon, they destroy quite easily. This is a very first world problem. 

You no need Prime Versions

But

Recommend Umbra Mod

Inaros Prime Perfect    7K Health  with smeta 1h/Adarza 2h10 min   

clean Arbitration/

3h Steel Path Inaros Prime 9K Health  with smeta 13K health

>Hydroid Prime with Smeta Kavat is perfect for survival solo /squad for Uranus Survival/Stephano-Polymers Bundle  around 40-50 min solo 45k/Squad  150-200k is perfect loot( give very rare) before long eyars before nerfed get around 500k

Loki is the top Spy Uranus/Neptune /Deimos use 4 Dragon keys in solo

Disruption- Round 1- 13 with kitgun (Catchmon) on Corrosive for Demolish target

King  on Spy/Capture/Rescue/Sabotage  is Wukong/Prime on Cloud

Archived