Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Sisters and random

Azarit

Question

This is the first time I have encountered such a random, so I want to clarify - is my situation normal? I got one ephemera from the very first Sister. But now I have created the 33rd Sister without ephemera in a row (I am very persistent). I think something is going wrong.
Yes, I can buy or exchange them. And I swear at random, and it's stupid. But ... 33 in a row. Guys, seriously? I was hoping there is a number after which there is guaranteed to be an ephemera, but I doubt it very much.

4 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Azarit said:

I was hoping there is a number after which there is guaranteed to be an ephemera

... Guaranteed values and RNG are mutually exclusive, and were never a thing.

... There is, however, a "close enough" value but never a guaranteed value...

Spoiler

... unless, obviously, its the value of the platinum you use to trade... That, unfortunately, is always a guaranteed value...

So basically, you spawned 34 Sisters, but only got 1 Ephemera?  Given that the chance for an ephemera spawn is always 20%, the odds of someone running 34 Sisters and only getting 1 is:

0.8^34 * 0.2 * 34 = 0.34%.

In other words, about 3.4 players per 1000 will experience something similar to what you experienced.  Is it "normal"?  No.  Does it mean there's something wrong with the code?  Probably not unless a ton of other people also chime in.

So I know it sucks, but it's probably just a bout of bad luck.  Ah well, RNGesus giveth, RNGesus taketh away...

Archived