Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helious nerf, dire need of a buff

Boomshakalaka.

Hey everyone, if you don't know the pet Helious got nerf so hard and the only reason to using it has been nerf in the Sister of Parvos.
This nerf makes this pet. Honestly, it's not even deserving of being called a pet anymore cause it's beyond hot lava garbage. Meaning it's inaccessible so bad I'm better off scrapping it deleting the item or giving away all the parts of it for free (Which I did) cause that's how bad this hot garbage currently is objectively.
The set bonus mods that allowed you to not invest heavily on lets say Gladiator set bonus. Was the only thing Helious had going for.
It's better off to take it for the MasteryFodder that has nothing unique with it or special in design and just deleting it from you inventory cause that's how objectively inaccessible bad this former companion/pet was.

It's like adding two wheels on a stick and removing the wheels and breaking the stick and calling it a job done. Do you want a tiny broken stick. That also says you can't use it for anything except for the MR and inventory space taking.
Like why?!!! It was the only good reason you would use this bad pet.
Want to scan? Scan it yourself and buy the Simaris 3 scan buffs or use the other pet Oxylus who does the job 10x better than Helious.
Like what's the purpose of this pet except MR-Fodder, no design inventory space taking, free ducats item?
It's so horrible, bad objectively. The stats of it gets outclassed by every pet in the game! And the "melee" weapon A.K.A. the glaives of the helious weapon needs no comment since if you don't now is beyond how bad it's.
There's a reason why people who use Helious for scanning replace the weapon or unequip it (unless the are doing the set bonus mods "gear hopping" usage)

If it's about a preference. I personally love the aesthetic and how the cosmetics on Helious looks (So it's not that I hate Helious appeal. But there's where it stops, the only good thing Helious was for is now removed. Cause everything it does get outclassed really hard by everyone and everything.
* Need scannig? Do it yourself with the Simaris 3 scan buffs.
* Need to scan plants? Use Oxylus he has excellent mods for it
* Need a pet with good Helios–Exclusive Precept mods.? Use literally anything else

* Need any pet mods like Vacum or animal instinct. Literally use anything other pet since they can also use it.
* Need ducats? Sell all his parts including himself for 1k credits.
* Needs inventory space. Remove, scrap or straight up delet all of Helious parts.
* Need companion slots. Delete Helious, problem solved. Because it's not worth to spend 20 plat when something as useless as Helious is taking your space

* The only purpose you would ever consider using Helious got removed
-----
I'm begging you DE to at least check back on Helious and make a rework or changes. Perhaps a buff or something. Because it's inaccessible how bad Helious is in his current state (after removing the gear hopping/melee set bonus). And he needs dire help right now. He doesn't even offer a gimmick or variety or anything

I don't use Helios for scanning, so he really is useless for me. If completing Codex Entries would gain Mastery Points, I would be all for it. I don't need enemies for the Simulacrum and I don't even use the Simulacrum.

I only scan what I choose to scan: Derelict Kavats, plants, rare containers. Everything I want is green, it is easy to find them. green hair lol GIF by Re Modernist

EDIT: I didn't use Helios for a Stat Stick either, but still disappointed he has nothing to offer me.

Yeah, Detect Vulnerability is a fine mod.

Overall, Sentinels need to be shown a lot more love.  They've always been fragile and years later that problem has only gotten worse.

Right now, Djinn is the only Sentinel I reliably take out into the field because of its Reawaken mod that brings it back to life after 90 seconds.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

Vulpas aren't Sentinels.  :D

thank god*, I'm not sure what reason there even is For Sentinels outside of Vacuum and Codex Scans. watching Dethcube laser people is fun I guess, but he still explodes if hit with a light breeze like every other Sentinel, even Djinn, but at Least Djinn can keep coming back without Primed Regen.

probably the main and only thing I want DE to rework ASAP is companions as a whole, and make each type viable for different situations. I want to have a bada$$ Kubrow or Sentinel or MOA that pulls it's weight in combat, but none of them do. only Vulpas are truly viable.

• 2 weeks later...

Are people seriously defending nerfs in a pve game? It's only hurting you as it lessens not just my build diversity but "EVERYONES". If you weren't using Helios for gladiator mods you're losing combat efficiency. Honestly, who spends time scanning? It seems like this community went from wholesome to people who just want others to be upset and enjoy it. He liked the build so what? Also who the hell scans anything... dumbest argument I've read today. 

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)D devil117 said:

Are people seriously defending nerfs in a pve game? It's only hurting you as it lessens not just my build diversity but "EVERYONES". If you weren't using Helios for gladiator mods you're losing combat efficiency. Honestly, who spends time scanning? It seems like this community went from wholesome to people who just want others to be upset and enjoy it. He liked the build so what? Also who the hell scans anything... dumbest argument I've read today. 

I don’t build for efficiency (which has like, a handful of builds to choose from anyways) and personally I enjoy scanning. If a player nerf got so bad that no matter what I did I wasn’t able to make it through the content in the first place, I’d have questions. As it is though, as long as they keep the fight interesting, I treat nerfs as an excuse to once more engage in the puzzle that is “Create a build”, and I have many options to choose from and thus many builds to make. And I can build to have a fight or I can build to not have a fight but instead have a leisurely stroll through non-SP.

🤔 Although I think I can see it from a different perspective, after a bit of consideration. Efficiency already has so few builds and has a pretty severe gatekeeper. I can see how the loss of one by way of nerf would be pretty bad

On 2021-10-08 at 12:33 AM, (XBOX)D devil117 said:

You can/could get near the exact same "combat efficiency" with Adarza. Atm it probably surpasses old deconstructor since Adarza applies to ranged aswell and it boosts things like low crit Kuva Nukor.

Le 08/10/2021 à 01:12, Tesseract7777 a dit :

If only you could see the irony in this statement... :crylaugh:

Would have written an answer myself, but no, you were simply perfectly on point.

The irony, not only in this statement, but in his entire post, is overwhelmingly hilarious. 

It's either a super elaborate and thought out troll, or the most oblivious person I've seen in a while.

Archived