Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helious nerf, dire need of a buff

Boomshakalaka.

13 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Oh woah, are you defending mr irony here ? Or mr helios nerf is the worst thing that happened in the history of humanity ? Either way, what a hill to die on !

just a mere observation.

I just found it odd that DE decided that using helios as a stat stick is too much yet augur set on prisma/burst laser, vigilante set on rifle type weapons and synth set was just fine. 

I think it's widely accepted that sentinels as a whole are in a bad place so I found it odd that people actually defend the decision. The bonus from gladiator set wasn't game breaking imo. I doubt that the majority of the player base actually uses or even knows about using stat stick sentinels or even what a stat stick is. 

It makes no difference to me but I like that there are/were unique interactions like sentinel stat sticks and sentinels could use all the help they can get.

16 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I just found it odd that DE decided that using helios as a stat stick is too much yet augur set on prisma/burst laser, vigilante set on rifle type weapons and synth set was just fine

I heard The Vigilante Set doesn't work... You can equipe them but the Bonuses were disabled...

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

I heard The Vigilante Set doesn't work... You can equipe them but the Bonuses were disabled...

Well that's silly. 

Guess I need to read through more patch notes. I was out of town for a month and have been busy lately so I'm not fully up to date on everything. 

Just now, Berzerkules said:

Well that's silly. 

Guess I need to read through more patch notes. I was out of town for a month and have been busy lately so I'm not fully up to date on everything. 

No reading Necessary I think.... Just them on and see if your Crits Get Upgraded....

Il y a 1 heure, Berzerkules a dit :

just a mere observation.

I just found it odd that DE decided that using helios as a stat stick is too much yet augur set on prisma/burst laser, vigilante set on rifle type weapons and synth set was just fine. 

I think it's widely accepted that sentinels as a whole are in a bad place so I found it odd that people actually defend the decision. The bonus from gladiator set wasn't game breaking imo. I doubt that the majority of the player base actually uses or even knows about using stat stick sentinels or even what a stat stick is. 

It makes no difference to me but I like that there are/were unique interactions like sentinel stat sticks and sentinels could use all the help they can get.

I wasn't defending the nerf, I simply don't care about it.

I was pointing out the sheer intensity of the crybabying of OP right there, like how much his life was destroyed by this small realisation.

On the nerf, I don't think it was to nerf sentinels, but to nerf melee, to make it less easy to stack crit chance through sentinels. (That's my interpretation from what I remember at least, no strong enough opinion on it to really look into it myself)

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

I wasn't defending the nerf, I simply don't care about it.

I was pointing out the sheer intensity of the crybabying of OP right there, like how much his life was destroyed by this small realisation.

On the nerf, I don't think it was to nerf sentinels, but to nerf melee, to make it less easy to stack crit chance through sentinels. (That's my interpretation from what I remember at least, no strong enough opinion on it to really look into it myself)

The bonus was minimal and not useful. In normal stuff we overkill everything anyways. When we get far enough into a long mission where that extra little bit of crit on a melee could be useful our sentinels have died a long time ago.

Removing a stat stick option from helios is such a non issue. I'm not upset but it was a cool interaction and I'd like to see more stuff like that in the game. I don't understand defending it though. 

wasn't calling you out just making an observation about the overall theme.

il y a 9 minutes, Berzerkules a dit :

The bonus was minimal and not useful. In normal stuff we overkill everything anyways. When we get far enough into a long mission where that extra little bit of crit on a melee could be useful our sentinels have died a long time ago.

Removing a stat stick option from helios is such a non issue. I'm not upset but it was a cool interaction and I'd like to see more stuff like that in the game. I don't understand defending it though. 

wasn't calling you out just making an observation about the overall theme.

Oh I see I see

""Heilos nerf""

Spider Man Lol GIF

I like how allegedly this was something that "everyone" used but never heard of the set bonus going to other weapons till after DE changed it. Thank god i mod my sentinals without using what honestly seems like a crutch.

Heilos is probably the best sentinal  since it gives free crit spots with the simaris mod for using it for its main function and its the most aggressive sentinal to where nothing gets close to you without being torn to shreds and get riven for deconstructor and it's hard notnto slap geluos on every loadout for free crits and the safe space enforcer

On 2021-10-09 at 8:22 AM, SneakyErvin said:

You can/could get near the exact same "combat efficiency" with Adarza. Atm it probably surpasses old deconstructor since Adarza applies to ranged aswell and it boosts things like low crit Kuva Nukor.

The problem is the Kubrow/Kavat/Moa AI is really dumb and dies a lot... and let me tell you, it gets old reviving pets. It's true that Helios could die just 3 times before being permanently dead (Primed Rgeen), but when paired with CC frames like Khora, Helios could last hours even in Steel Path endurance missions. By contrast Venari would die a lot more due to poor Kubrow/Kavat/Moa AI and venturing away from CC queen Khora.

Same goes for Vulpaphylas! I used to use Vulpaphylas, but after farming hours of Railjack Survival for Ambassador (before the change) with a Vulpaphyla, I now completely understand why DE designed them to revive themselves so quickly: because they die frequently due to their poor AI! And when you play with players using Vulpaphylas, it is very common to be spammed with "<pet name> has died/revived." messages (a lot! Because they're terrible and overrated companions).

Sentinels have one major overlooked advantage: They stick to you and go wherever YOU go and they don't fly around arbitrarily and get stuck on geometry and die trying to walk/run toward you while being shot at by enemies (or ruin Spy vaults or finishers using some of their abilities... like Smeeta does to me sometimes).

So yes, you could do all of what you said with Adarza and you would probably also be reviving Adarza a lot because Kubrows, Kavats and Moas are gimped by their awful AI. Here's hoping DE will improve them. For now, I hold Djinn and Oxylus in the highest regards. Helios will now start collecting dust due to DE removing build possibilities.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

That's actually an interesting aspect to ponder. Helios is probably one of the most widely used companions especially among newer players. So does DE somehow account for new player bias when calculating popularity? The 2020 Warframe stats unfortunately don't show companion or companion weapons. But you can see an example of this in vanilla Boltor which is #8 of the most popular weapons with 1.3 Riven disposition. If it's really only about wide use or popularity, Boltor should have lower Riven disposition at #8 popularity.

If instead DE calculates Riven dispositions based on popularity of weapons equipped with Rivens (which no one would use on vanilla Boltor in the above example), then I would guess that only a small minority of players seek out companion Rivens. Especially on utility weapons like Deconstructor! You really just need something like high status Gas/Electric (trigger Synth set) with Gladiator mods. Where do you find room for a Riven?

Basically, I'm not sure he's right.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

The problem is the Kubrow/Kavat/Moa AI is really dumb and dies a lot... and let me tell you, it gets old reviving pets. It's true that Helios could die just 3 times before being permanently dead (Primed Rgeen), but when paired with CC frames like Khora, Helios could last hours even in Steel Path endurance missions. By contrast Venari would die a lot more due to poor Kubrow/Kavat/Moa AI and venturing away from CC queen Khora.

Same goes for Vulpaphylas! I used to use Vulpaphylas, but after farming hours of Railjack Survival for Ambassador (before the change) with a Vulpaphyla, I now completely understand why DE designed them to revive themselves so quickly: because they die frequently due to their poor AI! And when you play with players using Vulpaphylas, it is very common to be spammed with "<pet name> has died/revived." messages (a lot! Because they're terrible and overrated companions).

Sentinels have one major overlooked advantage: They stick to you and go wherever YOU go and they don't fly around arbitrarily and get stuck on geometry and die trying to walk/run toward you while being shot at by enemies (or ruin Spy vaults or finishers using some of their abilities... like Smeeta does to me sometimes).

So yes, you could do all of what you said with Adarza and you would probably also be reviving Adarza a lot because Kubrows, Kavats and Moas are gimped by their awful AI. Here's hoping DE will improve them. For now, I hold Djinn and Oxylus in the highest regards. Helios will now start collecting dust due to DE removing build possibilities.

And my "living" pets rarely die, not even in Steel Path, no matter if I play frames less beneficial to pets like Revenant, or massive pet boosters like Lavos. Playing dedicated melee or ranged matters little aswell. If it is melee I tend to have a beefy enough frame to buff and keep the pet alive while it keeps me alive, with ranged play I tend to find a good spot that also makes it near impossible for my companion to leave. Plus in those cases I carry a glaive or gunblade to proc dex aswell as healing the companion if needed.

Archived