Jump to content

waverider quest is hell


zerorailgun
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this so i apologize if it is in the wrong part of the forum but I had to say it,the waverider quest is the most annoying,infuriating and boring quest/mission in the whole game,it fells like the game is just laughing at me all the time for not being good at k-drives(especially with the combo challenges)and honestly the k-drives where pretty fun until this quest came out because it fells like it was made by and for k-drive experts just trying to complete this thing kills the fun and liking for k-drives

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, zerorailgun said:

honestly the k-drives where pretty fun until this quest came out because it fells like it was made by and for k-drive experts just trying to complete this thing kills the fun and liking for k-drives

I don’t know, it all seemed fairly straightforward to me. Aside from the obvious issue of the tool tips giving incorrect information about how to do some things. I am not a K-drive expert, I got one to try it and maxed it, then never really used it again until the quest came out.

 

What part are you having trouble with? People might be able to give you some tips.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its a semi-tutorial. They show you the key presses to use, and send you out to practice them. Most are easy, some less some but you shouldn't expect a frame to be given to you just by showing up with your hand out.

Practice, all of the maneuvers are possible even by someone who isn't any good at k-drives (ie me!), get some humility, do what they want you to do and practice until you can do them. None are especially hard, even the last one isn't especially hard and there are tips on the forum. Modding your k-drive will help, something I think many people forget that you can do because mods are only purchased from the kids.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly the worst part about the quest wasn't the tricks and combos in my opinion, it was the K-Drive slam kills. I can kind of appreciate teaching all those different moves, but killing stuff by jumping on them with a board is so slow, cumbersome, and clunky it just feels completely antithetical to what the theme of the quest and its respective frame is supposed to be. Would be nice if it had some directional movement and AoE, like slam attacks since Melee 3.0, but I guess it doesn't matter much to me now since I've done the quest and have no reason to use K-Drive slams ever again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try hopping the moment you come down from a height. You can keep bunny hopping to keep the score alive between grind points or while traveling and reach an un-modded 3k fairly consistantly (I’ve had to do a bunny-hop or two to make it along that chain of 6-7(?) fallen trees just outside the entrance to Cetus)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zerorailgun said:

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this so i apologize if it is in the wrong part of the forum but I had to say it,the waverider quest is the most annoying,infuriating and boring quest/mission in the whole game,it fells like the game is just laughing at me all the time for not being good at k-drives(especially with the combo challenges)and honestly the k-drives where pretty fun until this quest came out because it fells like it was made by and for k-drive experts just trying to complete this thing kills the fun and liking for k-drives

With the Combo part of the quest I used rails alongside the roads, jumping and grinding (never landing, always grinding) from one to another chaining tricks in between to build the combo.  You can also simply find a long rail or pipe (there is one next to the Fortuna building) and grind back and forth, doing some jumps and tricks - this I found on the last mission if I recall correctly. It is easier than jumping from one rail to another. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PSN)zj0ker20 said:

Yeah, I think they should make it so that K-Drive Mods can be acquired by completing races.

But completing races gets you rep which you then go buy the mods you want from the kids, so you do exactly that. You don't even need to do any tricks at all on the races other than jumps to complete them. And then even basic tricks will boost the rep a bit.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the way we obtain mods, no RNG involved in it.

I liked the quest too.. but i aactually dont mind K-drive that much. Just the controls are imprecise and physics are very weird. But its something i can wrap my head around after some practice.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yareli quest seems like a forced tutorial for k-drives. Mods greatly help in it, but that would require using k-drives first of all. In my opinion it's really strange how k-drive and conservating is not an absolute hobby activity. Just wait until they tie a warframe quest to shawzin challenges.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Yareli quest seems like a forced tutorial for k-drives. Mods greatly help in it, but that would require using k-drives first of all. In my opinion it's really strange how k-drive and conservating is not an absolute hobby activity. Just wait until they tie a warframe quest to shawzin challenges.

Oooh, if they made a shawzin-themed Warframe that might be kind of neat. I’ve never used one before because I’m not so musically inclined (still got the default song on Octavia’s mandachord), but I’d be willing to give it a solid go to see what the Warframe’s like

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 21 horas, krc473 dijo:

What part are you having trouble with? People might be able to give you some tips.

well I have trouble with the challenges that ask for x amount of point in a combo I traid everything that people suggest for that but nothing work,maybe it has to be with the fact that the game itself didn't even allow me to use k-drives in the first place after like a month after fortune came out(the character auto-dismounted from the k-drive whenever I tried to mount one(including evocipods in deimos)so I literally had no practice with k-drives until yareli's quest was introduced(only after that update I was able to mount and use a k-drive)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, zerorailgun said:

well I have trouble with the challenges that ask for x amount of point in a combo I traid everything that people suggest for that but nothing work

I would say that the best thing for this is mods. If you can increase your air-time, grind-magnetics and point multipliers it is easier. I know people like to suggest the “Pearl” (I hate it), but I found that the pipes just behind the Fortuna building were perfectly fine. Just grind the pipes and throw in a few jumps with spins. Alternatively, get as high as you can (mountains?) and jump off, doing all the tricks you can manage - this may not work for the higher point requirements, I never tried with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-25 at 2:08 PM, zerorailgun said:

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this so i apologize if it is in the wrong part of the forum but I had to say it,the waverider quest is the most annoying,infuriating and boring quest/mission in the whole game,it fells like the game is just laughing at me all the time for not being good at k-drives(especially with the combo challenges)and honestly the k-drives where pretty fun until this quest came out because it fells like it was made by and for k-drive experts just trying to complete this thing kills the fun and liking for k-drives

If you are not sure how to do a specific trick, watch some YouTube videos and do some research. The answers and solutions are out their with the help of other players. This is the essence of Warframe gameplay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

the pipes just behind the Fortuna building were perfectly fine. Just grind the pipes and throw in a few jumps with spins.

Indeed, you can get to one end or the other, jump and turn 180 and continue grinding the other way. It's not the fastest way to get the trick score up, but once you get the 180 turn down you can keep it going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-26 at 12:10 AM, gbjbaanb said:

you shouldn't expect a frame to be given to you just by showing up with your hand out.

Why not ? 😥

On 2021-09-26 at 5:44 AM, sitfesz said:

Just wait until they tie a warframe quest to shawzin challenges

Frame Fighter Quest 😱 !!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-25 at 5:48 PM, calliph0re said:

Honestly the worst part about the quest wasn't the tricks and combos in my opinion, it was the K-Drive slam kills. I can kind of appreciate teaching all those different moves, but killing stuff by jumping on them with a board is so slow, cumbersome, and clunky it just feels completely antithetical to what the theme of the quest and its respective frame is supposed to be. Would be nice if it had some directional movement and AoE, like slam attacks since Melee 3.0, but I guess it doesn't matter much to me now since I've done the quest and have no reason to use K-Drive slams ever again.

And the worst part about the slam kills?  They were inconsistent.  Some kills would count, others wouldn't.
Meanwhile it did such piddling amounts of damage and had such an awkward hitbox where slamming directly on the enemy somehow missed them half the time.....

DE needs to make the slam attack actually work and be consistent.  And make it do more than 20 damage.
I honestly had no idea the k-drives could slam into enemies to hurt them, and I'll never use that again considering how many times I slammed through enemies without damaging them at all.

On 2021-09-25 at 5:10 PM, gbjbaanb said:

Its a semi-tutorial. They show you the key presses to use, and send you out to practice them.

Except that not all of the prompts are correct.
There were some prompts where it told me one button combination that just wouldn't work...and it was actually a different combination to get the trick they wanted.

Further according to some of my friends if you changed some of the buttons around the prompts were completely useless as they would show you what the original buttons to use were, not the remapped controls (and TBH no one in my friends list is eager enough to restart the quest to check if they've fixed that particular bug, but it was very aggravating) which means that the quest fails at being a tutorial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will most likely just buy her with plat instead of doing the quest. I'm fine with the "do this trick X times" and the kills, but the combo one is just bs if you have trouble with precise movement. I know about the pipes and grinding back and forth, but that doesn't work unless you can reliably do the turns.. which requires the precision I lack due to arthritis. After hours of trying the most consecutive turns I was able to do was 2, most of the time I failed the first turn and my hands were in agony. Not worth it tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

which requires the precision I lack due to arthritis

I had difficulty, but modding your k-drive with the one that increases jump height, and another that reduces gravity gives you a lot of time to jump up, turn and slowly work out where you want to land on the pipe. That's how I managed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I had difficulty, but modding your k-drive with the one that increases jump height, and another that reduces gravity gives you a lot of time to jump up, turn and slowly work out where you want to land on the pipe. That's how I managed it.

Time really isn't the issue for me. I simply lack the finesse to do small adjustments to consistently land where I want to. If I don't get lined up with the pipe as soon as I turn the attempt ends in failure. There is a reason why Ignis Wraith is my favorite primary weapon and why I prefer to play melee :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

Not interested in this quest.

Seriously DE:  Skateboards and Comic Books?  Who is your audience? 9 year-olds?

Hmm, it's almost as if the quest is themed around the NPCs in the game that run it.

I mean clearly they should have themed it around some scuzzy bored uncle sitting on a couch who just sends you to the corner Fortuna and Fuel for some cancer sticks and kubrow kibble.

But hey, you do you. Buy her with plat or ignore her. Nobody's forcing you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...