Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Event: Plains of Eidolon - Infested are an annoying interruption to general farming.

XionEternum

I would just like to remind DE here that the Infested event in the Plains of Eidolon is still an annoying interruption to fishing and mining... since 2017.

Why this has not been fixed in almost four years now baffles me. If I was a developer involved in the development of such an event and its recurrence, I would be ashamed of myself for not considering this issue. This is genuinely embarrassing to whoever designed this event. Easy fix? Infested spawn in as idle/guarding. More natural fix? Give them patrol routes on spawn, and set to auto-attack/aggro on enemies of all kinds when proximity detection kicks in. This is a 1-2 man hour fix where I come from, 5 at most. For an almost 4 year problem. I could do this right in a Starcraft: Broodwar custom map for sanity's sake, and in less than 10 minutes.

You don't fix something that isn't broken. You've had, as you say, since 2017 to figure out that Ivara is the right tool for the job if you want to go fishing or mining. Refusing to use the best tool for the job is a you problem, and you deserve only frustration and poor results for doing so. 

2 hours ago, XionEternum said:

I would just like to remind DE here that the Infested event in the Plains of Eidolon is still an annoying interruption to fishing and mining... since 2017.

Why this has not been fixed in almost four years now baffles me. If I was a developer involved in the development of such an event and its recurrence, I would be ashamed of myself for not considering this issue. This is genuinely embarrassing to whoever designed this event. Easy fix? Infested spawn in as idle/guarding. More natural fix? Give them patrol routes on spawn, and set to auto-attack/aggro on enemies of all kinds when proximity detection kicks in. This is a 1-2 man hour fix where I come from, 5 at most. For an almost 4 year problem. I could do this right in a Starcraft: Broodwar custom map for sanity's sake, and in less than 10 minutes.

So is your idea just not to have Infested spawn? Because that defeats the entire purpose of the event. I don't see you complaining about the Ghouls though during their time, they're plenty annoying as well.

2 hours ago, XionEternum said:

... DE would just like to remind you that being in the Plains of Eidolon, the equipment you take every time you enter the Plains, and the actions you do while in the plains are all choices you make with their associated consequences...

... Also, DE would like to remind everyone that its exactly the same for every single node in either Star Chart or Railjack Star Chart since... Warframe's initial release...

Spoiler

... Even though I'm not affiliated in any way with DE, other than being a user of one of their products...

Spoiler

If it isn't obvious enough...

Spoiler

... Warframe IS that product...

... Better choices are always life improvements... even in an Online Game...

1 hour ago, sh00chu said:

You don't fix something that isn't broken. You've had, as you say, since 2017 to figure out that Ivara is the right tool for the job if you want to go fishing or mining. Refusing to use the best tool for the job is a you problem, and you deserve only frustration and poor results for doing so. 

What if OP doesn't have Ivara... or Wukong or probably few frames that could help there? We are talking bout open world where people barely get any mods. It may be not OP but another player. Expecting to use X is like "this will be better when you have Y some weeks later".

I wish mining/fishing/conservation where different game modes without enemies. Enemies may annoy you while doing those things. On other hand if you are doing normal mission where you kill all stuffs and you kill single animal then SHAME ON YOU... You are not welcome one Konzu thing (then Konzu congratulate me on defeating 3 headed dog).

2 hours ago, sh00chu said:

I disagree... And Space Mom disagrees aswell...

hace 5 horas, sh00chu dijo:

hace 5 horas, (PSN)zj0ker20 dijo:

You could just use a Stealth Frame and go invisible.

It's the most logical answer for sure, but come on, it's just fishing, this should be possible with any Warframe and not just "Just use Ivara lol".

Archived