Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void finger lore….one Tenno awake?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

so the Orokin have a connection to the Void, and Albrecht Entrati, an Orokin scientist, theorizes that they can use the Void for interstellar travel. After countless failures he has a breakthrough and actually ends up in the Void himself, where he meets a being that has his form, and calls him by a nickname only his mother used when he was a child. Albrecht understandably loses his S#&$ and flees, with the other being chasing after. When he crosses back from the Void, the other being was reaching to him, a finger was severed, and it is trapped between the Void and the physical world. Albrecht calls him the Man in the Wall, and the severed finger is studied, eventually becoming used for the reliquary drive that allow our railjack  to travel faster than light. Mwyy0Sc.jpg

With that does this confirm only one Tenno (mine, yours) the protagonists is awake? Because there is only one void finger available to power (mine, your) railjack engine for space travel? 

thoughts? 

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

With that does this confirm only one Tenno (mine, yours) the protagonists is awake?

No. Its multiple Tenno. One protagonist. One Tenno theory has been debunked since Second Dream. You can see multiple Warframes dead on the Plains battlefield in The New War cutscene. And right after the player's Tenno arrives.

There's the Little Duck comics that shows her with multiple Tenno too

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Because there is only one void finger available to power (mine, your) railjack engine for space travel? 

No, there is multiple fingers. Albrecht says that in the requiem entries.

Also, I don't know if this is confirmed, but the Void tecnology needs something connected to the Void to use its energy. Like the Tenno is connected and can use Void Energy. So during the Void Era, when they used people to explore the Void, they probably brought things from the Void that can be used as "relics" to power their tecnologies.

Albecht mentions 'digits', plural, implying there could have been more than one severed finger to build a drive around.  Also, the cloning and fabrication technology we have inherited from the Orokin might be enough to make more artificially.  Or perhaps we are parallels, each a lone survivor of our own timeline, brought together to form an army in a primary continuity through whatever time altering technology the Orokin had that is malfunctioning in Lua Spy misisons.  Maybe Duviri Paradox will eventually tell us, but if it does there'll be more questions raised too.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

With that does this confirm only one Tenno (mine, yours) the protagonists is awake? Because there is only one void finger available to power (mine, your) railjack engine for space travel? 

thoughts? 

You're talking about a lovecraftian space god. Wally could have a thousand, ten thousand, a million fingers for all we know. Throw in the possibility he might not perceive time linearly, and things could get even weirder

3 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

No. Its multiple Tenno. One protagonist. One Tenno theory has been debunked since Second Dream. You can see multiple Warframes dead on the Plains battlefield in The New War cutscene. And right after the player's Tenno arrives.

There's the Little Duck comics that shows her with multiple Tenno too

How do we know those other Warframes aren’t just specters? Warframe/Tenno.

It's kinda like a mix of quantum entanglement and superposition  in one.

Effects on one side will result in similar effects on the other side no matter the distance. No matter who uses the finger all reliquaries are powered together.

You also both have the finger and not have the finger in your reliquary , it isn't until you open and see it that you actually decide if it's on your ship.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Warframe specters are never seen outside of the junctions in the lore. I mean, the two times they were added to the lore ( dark sector pvp and junctions) they are always guardians of a specific building.

Plus, again, Little Duck:

"Well well well. Another Tenno. This ain't my usual line a work, y'understand. I'm not from around here. But I got a fast tractor and know how to jump a rail, so a new friend in Cetus set me up with all this. Name's Little Duck: fortune hunter, rail agent and the girl your Mumsie warned you about. And, now, somehow, the local Quill-endorsed purveyor of amps and assorted paraphernalia. So, what'll it be?"

""Been seein' a lot of your kind since a certain incident with a blind girl and a Void Gate."

36 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Warframe specters are never seen outside of the junctions in the lore. I mean, the two times they were added to the lore ( dark sector pvp and junctions) they are always guardians of a specific building.

There's also Parvos Granum discovering the Specter Particle, inventing the Specter technology and the Sisters having Specter bodyguards in their final showdown. 
Specters also guarded The Silver Grove, but yeah, that's a specific location they were tied to.

There's also the possibility that we don't actually have a giant finger incased in a tank, but have a sort of crystal ball that is just displaying the same finger as they're all linked to it.  Someone said something about multiple fingers, but that implies a fairly finite number given how they were acquired.  Based on the New War events we've gotten so far with things like Scarlet Spear, there are obviously tons of tenno on Railjacks coordinating against the invasion.  I have a harder time believing there are enough void thumbs to put one on every ship in a whole fleet than I do believing we have a giant crystal ball displaying our connection to one finger.

What that finger represents and if it's actually sitting in a tank on our ship and exactly how many of them there are is all speculation as far as I am aware.  It's also something I don't think we're ever going to have an answer to.

As for the lone tenno theory, dozens of other things disprove it, but Scarlet Spear disproves it in a way that cannot be argued around.  Little Duck literally commandeered a whole relay just to coordinate a tenno fleet consisting of god knows how many Railjacks to fend off the Sentient invasion.  It wasn't like there was one hero on the murex sending kill codes to themselves on earth.  I mean there were in certain relays, but that wasn't intended.

20 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

You're talking about a lovecraftian space god. Wally could have a thousand, ten thousand, a million fingers for all we know.

Sure, but he had the form of Albrecht at the time. Are you implying that Albrecht had ten thousand fingers?

18 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

At the end of Vor's Prize, Lotus tells you "Seek out like-minded fighters. Tenno are more effective in groups." All of the Operations are built on the premise that there is a large(ish) Tenno community in-lore that is working together to achieve a goal.

The Gradivus Dilemma involves different Tenno fighting for different sides. At the end of the event, the Lotus addresses both groups: "You have all done well. Those of you who supported the Grineer have given me the time I needed to locate our sleeping comrades. A recovery team is already travelling to retrieve their cryopods. Those that supported the Corpus have slowed Grineer aggression. Though the Grineer ultimately emerged victorious, they did so at great cost." Spectres cannot make these kinds of executive decisions. This proves that there are many Tenno out there, working to preserve the balance. This type of event is repeated in Operation: Tubemen of Regor.

Operation: Scarlet Spear likewise involves a flotilla coordinating different squads of Tenno performing different tasks.

The Conclave itself is founded on the principle of Tenno training against other Tenno.

You, as the player character, are at the centre of many events of the past few years. You are the Tenno from the Second Dream, the War Within, Chains of Harrow, et cetera. All those things happened to you. But there are other Tenno out there, and they are affected by your actions. It breaks down once you consider the multiplayer aspect, since we can't all have done those things (and there are likely not millions of Tenno), but you're always going to have that sort of divide between real-world and in-universe harmony.

18 hours ago, Miser_able said:

its probably just more likely that we are the only tenno in the system with a railjack.

That would make sense, except that Operation: Scarlet Spear showed that not to be the case.

1 hour ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

That's not quite true. Spectres are mentioned quite a lot. They guard the Silver Grove in the quest of the same name. Red Veil has a bunch of Spectre blueprints which they gave out as rewards in two different events. Lotus has access to Spectre platoons, as she mentions at the end of the Glast Gambit (if you chose to cure Neewa). Parvos Granum, the creator of Spectres, also utilises them to guard his Sisters.

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

There's also the possibility that we don't actually have a giant finger incased in a tank, but have a sort of crystal ball that is just displaying the same finger as they're all linked to it.  Someone said something about multiple fingers, but that implies a fairly finite number given how they were acquired.  Based on the New War events we've gotten so far with things like Scarlet Spear, there are obviously tons of tenno on Railjacks coordinating against the invasion.  I have a harder time believing there are enough void thumbs to put one on every ship in a whole fleet than I do believing we have a giant crystal ball displaying our connection to one finger.

This is an interesting theory I hadn't heard or thought of before. I'm intrigued now.

My personal theory was that the Orokin had managed to clone the fingers, and were also able to grow them to massive size so that they could power the Railjack, which can explain both why the finger is so large and how there can be multiple (more than 10) Reliquary Drives. This was really the only answer I could think of to answer these questions, but I'm liking your answer too. It does beg the question… where is the finger, if not in the Drive? Some ancient Orokin laboratory deep in the bowels of Lua? Perhaps somewhere on Deimos?

10 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

My personal theory was that the Orokin had managed to clone the fingers, and were also able to grow them to massive size so that they could power the Railjack, which can explain both why the finger is so large and how there can be multiple (more than 10) Reliquary Drives. This was really the only answer I could think of to answer these questions, but I'm liking your answer too. It does beg the question… where is the finger, if not in the Drive? Some ancient Orokin laboratory deep in the bowels of Lua? Perhaps somewhere on Deimos?

My own thoughts on it are that the Entrati had, at most, 10 fingers to work with.  They only mention "digits" getting severed by the initial closing of the door, and then go on to say that no one else ever sees the man in the wall/whoever that truly was on any of the following forays into the void.  It could be as low as 2 fingers if we're going to hard focus on the plurality of the word.  I could see it being a case where they experimented on what they had and lost some in the process, leaving us with one finger actually powering our relic drives through linking of some kind. 

The finger could be somewhere in this plane like the heart is, with all of our drives linked to it like we're all linked to the heart.  The finger could have been placed in some kind of limbo between reality and void, to serve as the connection between the two.  We can connect to it somehow, it connects to the void.  Like a modem.

The finger's connection to the void, which allegedly represents a place where all realities and timelines swirl around together (citation needed.  Honestly can't remember where I picked that up, might not be canon.), could allow a sort of "imprinting" of the finger within as many drives as you can make and the original finger itself is actually lost forever.  Like I have the Official Void Thumb from Reality #90210 and you have #69420 or something.  Like cloning, but more wibbly wobbly timey-wimey, extra dimensional-y.

Or it could be that DE's writing team is more focused on style than continuity or substance and we're never going to have a cohesive timeline or solid answers to anything and they'll explain it all away with "void stuff." and hand waiving and "hey look at this shiny new thing we're putting out please stop asking us lore questions we have no idea."

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

Sure, but he had the form of Albrecht at the time. Are you implying that Albrecht had ten thousand fingers?

No, but Wally did. Again, lovecraftian space god. From Wally's perspective, he can be both "in the form of Albrecht" and "a squid with twenty arms with forty fingers" at the same time with absolutely no issues whatsoever

Several are awake but only a single Tenno experiences the story. So it is possible that only our Tenno obtains his/her Railjack the way we do and others dont use the exact same drive etc. It is like all the frames that are somewhat tied to a story, only a single tenno gets them that specific way while others have obtained them in a different way somewhere in time between the old war and our current time.

Just because Railjack popped up at the same time for every player as a game system it doesnt mean all tenno set sail at once, nor that we are the first or last to do so. It is just our very specific tenno that experiences and gets access to the things introduced to the game at that very specific time.

On 2021-09-25 at 3:51 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

so the Orokin have a connection to the Void, and Albrecht Entrati, an Orokin scientist, theorizes that they can use the Void for interstellar travel.

While it doesn't directly relate to your question, this is not true.  The Orokin were the Orokin long before the discovery of the Void, and Albrecht's significance is that he theorized that the Void existed and then finally managed to prove it.  While the Orokin use the Void, they are not "connected to it", at least no more than real-life humans are connected to electricity or fossil fuels.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

While it doesn't directly relate to your question, this is not true.  The Orokin were the Orokin long before the discovery of the Void, and Albrecht's significance is that he theorized that the Void existed and then finally managed to prove it.  While the Orokin use the Void, they are not "connected to it", at least no more than real-life humans are connected to electricity or fossil fuels.

The Void was discovered before Albrecht started his experiments. But he was the first one to discover something useful in the Void. Before the Orokin thought it was useless and that will not help them in "reaching the stars"

2 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

The Void was discovered before Albrecht started his experiments.

This is not spelled out exactly. This is what Albrecht says:

"They all had given up on me and my paradoxical formulations. The wasted years had all shown the Void to be just that. Nothing. No energy. No entanglement. No form. To space-faring ambitions, a dead end. […] Failure had made me bitter and reckless. I would dive into the depths myself to prove them all wrong."

This is ambiguous as to what exactly the other Orokin did or did not believe. It's possible they didn't believe in the entire concept of the Void.

Albrecht himself appears to be fully convinced of the Void's existence. When he enters the Void (but thinks that he is still in his lab), he thinks "So: I had never left… and so: I had failed. Again." He doesn't think I was wrong. He thinks I have failed. No matter what the other Orokin believed, Albrecht is convinced, for one reason or another.

Archived